✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be honest, you have no evidence.
You do not have to provide me with anything, I'm happy to take the win by default, sepecially on your home field.
God don't exist so how can he dance?
I would guess that as a professional academician I know more quantum physicists than you do .... the vast majority are atheists not deists, though in my experience most deists are just atheists who can't find the kickstarter. Now, when it comes to the most productive scientists, fully 95% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences are atheists. Now can we let you attempt at an appeal to authority go?
I am sure that I can snow you with far more dazing statistical who-ha than something as trivial as a Texas Sharpshooter, fortunately for you I have no need to do so, I leave the logical fallacies to the believers, I do not need them since there is actual evidence to support all my claims.

Yeah, but everyone needs some recreation.
Almost 7 decades and no sign yet. I've had an easier time tracking mountain lions over hard rock.

Maybe, though I rather doubt it. Please don't waste time and energy praying for me, spend that time and energy volunteering at a homeless shelter.

Nah, I need tangible evidence.

Again, please don't waste time and energy praying for me even if that provides you with a temporary feeling of superiority. It's theological fast food, neither lasting nor filling.
You are quite right, and let's not forget what Mark Twain said:
“Faith is believing what you know ain't so.”

Now think about that for a moment, as more than just a cute turn of phrase. If you had evidence that showed something to be so, faith would be unnecessary.

Where is the respect for the O.P ?
Is there not some place else you can post these useless debates ?

All you do is bring strife and where there is strife there is all sorts of evil.
Blessings
FCJ

Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well folks, we believe in God, we believe in creation. And an atheist can't prove otherwise.

Nope, wrong again. You might want to be careful, God said He will be found by those who haven't looked for Him. Seems to me you must be on this CHRISTIAN site for a reason that you don't realize yet. I am praying for you, and I have already. Perhaps God will visit you in a dream?
danstribe , there are also cases of the hardened heart and God has cut them loose. Just sayin, what if. I put up a prayer too though, to work on his heart and remove the scales from his eyes, that he might see clearly.. There are some quantum atheists who set out to prove there is no God by quantum mathematics and concluded instead that there must be one. Meanwhile I won't be getting his content here in the forum. I clicked the ignore tab.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be honest, you have no evidence.
You do not have to provide me with anything, I'm happy to take the win by default, sepecially on your home field.
God don't exist so how can he dance?
I would guess that as a professional academician I know more quantum physicists than you do .... the vast majority are atheists not deists, though in my experience most deists are just atheists who can't find the kickstarter. Now, when it comes to the most productive scientists, fully 95% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences are atheists. Now can we let you attempt at an appeal to authority go?
I am sure that I can snow you with far more dazing statistical who-ha than something as trivial as a Texas Sharpshooter, fortunately for you I have no need to do so, I leave the logical fallacies to the believers, I do not need them since there is actual evidence to support all my claims.

Yeah, but everyone needs some recreation.
Almost 7 decades and no sign yet. I've had an easier time tracking mountain lions over hard rock.

Maybe, though I rather doubt it. Please don't waste time and energy praying for me, spend that time and energy volunteering at a homeless shelter.

Nah, I need tangible evidence.

Again, please don't waste time and energy praying for me even if that provides you with a temporary feeling of superiority. It's theological fast food, neither lasting nor filling.
You are quite right, and let's not forget what Mark Twain said:
“Faith is believing what you know ain't so.”

Now think about that for a moment, as more than just a cute turn of phrase. If you had evidence that showed something to be so, faith would be unnecessary.
Too late, I've already prayed for you! Don't worry, it doesn't take any time away from the homeless for me to pray for you, I've been homeless. Just to respond to the last thing you said about faith and evidence. You have agreed with the bible! It says if we have the things we hoped for then faith wouldn't be necessary. But even those who don't believe know and rely on faith every day. You hope for the sun to rise in the morning and believe that it will so that makes your quote of Mark Twain not so. I do have evidence of God but it's not something that can be seen, it is His Spirit in my mind and it is something that I know because I remember how I thought before it came. No one knows they were deceived until they are no longer deceived and you cannot understand the things of God unless God gives you His Spirit just like no one knows what a human thinks unless they have the human spirit. It's what makes us different than the animals.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was in a house full of demons and they where holding me down and I knew I was asleep.it felt like I was in hell.

Sleep paralysis which brings on fear and terror.

'Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, '

Sleep Paralysis

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well folks, we believe in God, we believe in creation. And an atheist can't prove otherwise.

danstribe , there are also cases of the hardened heart and God has cut them loose. Just sayin, what if. I put up a prayer too though, to work on his heart and remove the scales from his eyes, that he might see clearly.. There are some quantum atheists who set out to prove there is no God by quantum mathematics and concluded instead that there must be one. Meanwhile I won't be getting his content here in the forum. I clicked the ignore tab.
That is true Dave and sometimes it is God who hardens their heart in order to show His sovereignty! It just seemed to me that God has led Sapiens here for some reason and the fact that he said he's been waiting almost 7 decades! Thank you so much for continuing to pray that he might see clearly! You are a great example of God's love.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Sleep paralysis which brings on fear and terror.

'Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, '

Sleep Paralysis
Thanks for pointing this out.

This ain't the middle ages when every infirmity was blamed on the devil and demon possession or oppression.

• Agree
Reactions: H.sapiens
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is true Dave and sometimes it is God who hardens their heart in order to show His sovereignty! It just seemed to me that God has led Sapiens here for some reason and the fact that he said he's been waiting almost 7 decades! Thank you so much for continuing to pray that he might see clearly! You are a great example of God's love.
I have felt led to bring the gospel message to certain atheists, the Lord places that on my heart and if that is the case I must respond so it's not left on my plate so to speak. I figure he knows what He is doing , maybe I am the planter of the seed, the next guy/woman will be the waterer. In this case , the message was block him. That doesn't mean he is hopeless, it means he is off my table LOL ! But it might be on someone else'.

• Agree
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have felt led to bring the gospel message to certain atheists, the Lord places that on my heart and if that is the case I must respond so it's not left on my plate so to speak. I figure he knows what He is doing , maybe I am the planter of the seed, the next guy/woman will be the waterer. In this case , the message was block him. That doesn't mean he is hopeless, it means he is off my table LOL ! But it might be on someone else'.

Perhaps, The Lord ,will let those, that do not believe that this is spiritual, catch the fast moving shadow in the corner of their eye. I have seen this many times. This is the demonic. This is them being sneaky. Always looking for a way to oppress. The Church needs to open Her eyes to this. This is even being done to the unbeliever as well as the believer. I would hope someone would start a thread on this, for even in here, many are suffering at the hands of this.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for pointing this out.

This ain't the middle ages when every infirmity was blamed on the devil and demon possession or oppression.
What makes you think that in this scenario or any other that it is "natural"?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Perhaps, The Lord ,will let those, that do not believe that this is spiritual, catch the fast moving shadow in the corner of their eye. I have seen this many times. This is the demonic. This is them being sneaky. Always looking for a way to oppress. The Church needs to open Her eyes to this. This is even being done to the unbeliever as well as the believer. I would hope someone would start a thread on this, for even in here, many are suffering at the hands of this.
I agree. It's called spiritual warfare, it's as tricky a topic as the devil is sneaky. I have to take that in portions that are bite sized.

Also, and this is relevant even to the OP, keep a clean slate in terms of occult, using of crystals beyond something pretty in your jewelry to look at, and intents with smoking incense, and all the mystical realm. In a weak somewhat back slidden time, these things can enter your life. I've seen it happen. That goes for Eastern Taoist practices in sex in married couples. Stay away from energy moving with so called enlightenment.

• Agree
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also, and this is relevant even to the OP, keep a clean slate in terms of occult, using of crystals beyond something pretty in your jewelry to look at, and intents with smoking incense, and all the mystical realm.
What is your view on incense? The reason I ask is because some Christians say that it is bad to have incense in your house and others are more lenient, arguing that it is acceptable as long as it is not used to aid in prayer.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What is your view on incense? The reason I ask is because some Christians say that it is bad to have incense in your house and others are more lenient, arguing that it is acceptable as long as it is not used to aid in prayer.
Incence to me is fine as an odor in your house, for deodorizing and such. I prefer oils, be it effusion or burned vs sticks. I'm not a fan of those sticks, they usually are produced for the white witchcraft crowd. That should say enough right there. Pure frankincense essential oil for instance I find acceptable and have had no negative vibes from it. In the winter we like it, not this time of year. But as soon as you start putting intents and prayers into the smoke or vapor, then it becomes another whole matter regardless of what the material you use.. I've been down that road , even using the name of Jesus and just want to say be very careful, better to stay away. No we like the essential oils, be it as mentioned or fruit odors ( orange can be nice with the frankincense for instance). Australian Sandlewood can be nice, I won't buy the Indian stuff, for one thing it's too expensive.

But really it's not the incence, it's what you do with it. It's not the crystals it's what you do with them. It's not practicing new sexual techniques it's how you do that.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Read the article....that's why........
That article is based off of a scientific point of view. What would these scientists know of the spiritual realm? In fact, all they have knowledge of is the physical. When in reality, the spirtual is more real than the physical.

Corinthians 19 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
That article is based off of a scientific point of view. What would these scientists know of the spiritual realm? In fact, all they have knowledge of is the physical. When in reality, the spirtual is more real than the physical.

Corinthians 19 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God"
"Science" has given you the computer you now type on, not the spiritual realm. I could give a plethora of other examples, but I will refrain.

The "Church" brought us the Dark Ages, and did its best to suppress scientific advancement and knowledge and oppress learned men for over a thousand years. Hopefully, we'll never see such religious oppression again.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Science" has given you the computer you now type on, not the spiritual realm. I could give a plethora of other examples, but I will refrain.

Actually, no. The internet, computers, television, all of these things were created and designed in hell. Where do you think Bill Gates or Steve Jobs got all of those "incredible" ideas from. The Devil created these things through Science and man, to destroy us.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. When I was growing up and even into my 20's the people I knew used it for air freshening and being from Northern California a lot of that was to try and disguise the smell of marijuana lol. I found out it was also used for mystical purposes when I started studying religions.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, no. The internet, computers, television, all of these things were created and designed in hell. Where do you think Bill Gates or Steve Jobs got all of those "incredible" ideas from. The Devil created these things through Science and man, to destroy us.
Luca, you may sound a little nutty but we must be from the same tree! These incredible inventions are from the fallen angels influence but these days millions of people believe "ancient aliens" are the ones influencing our minds to create this stuff. It is all for the final delusion of a wicked world. The next thing that will be said is "why do you use these things if they are so evil?" it's ALWAYS the way something is used that is evil, just like weapons, and music etc.

• Agree
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Luca, you may sound a little nutty but we must be from the same tree! These incredible inventions are from the fallen angels influence but these days millions of people believe "ancient aliens" are the ones influencing our minds to create this stuff. It is all for the final delusion of a wicked world. The next thing that will be said is "why do you use these things if they are so evil?" it's ALWAYS the way something is used that is evil, just like weapons, and music etc.
Totally right. These "Aliens" are just demons masquerading themselves as such. Also, even if you was to refrain from watching TV or listening to music, it is all aound us in our everyday lives and it is inevitable. Unless of course you live under a rock like me.

^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.