I was in despair, "how can I be saved, once and for all?" then I saw Heavenly Word:

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

I was in despair, saying to myself "how can I be saved, once and for all?" because it seemed that there was no end to my sin - only more repentance, without end... and I saw this Heavenly Word on the images page of a search for immutable mercy:
Don't eat your whole crop, save to plant more (selah)
...and I realised, it is actually an act of Wisdom, to humble yourself and repent, but not of everything. There will be more we have to repent of tomorrow, should the Lord tarry - but it is not for us, to "put ourselves" in a position of holiness, before God: as if the repentance comes from us, and not the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that prepares our confession, if we are honest that we trust Him above ourselves. In this way, we turn to God, for what He would have us confess; and what we would do, about our sin and confession and travail if we could. We actually should be optimistic, about how easy and light our confession is, if we just trust the pattern set forth in Christ - preparing for the time, making intercession and only praying in earnest when the time is almost upon us.

We need to resist temptation, I am not suggesting we sleep - I am just saying it is possible to destroy what God is trying to do in us, with a false humility that we have repented of everything and have no longer need of defence or preparation. If we confess what we can, as the Lord directs and leave room for humility to work through repentance in time to come, we are learning to be sensible about confession. Jesus talks in Revelation of believers who think they have need of nothing, but are in fact destitute - them He directs to seek true worth, not confess everything they can possibly think of: that is a bond of the Devil, to destroy the character of the believer in self-condemnation.

What I am saying is, be lead to confess - that is, some things, but not everything; we have been forgiven of everything, but it is a work of the Devil to make out that being forgiven everything should be something we are given credit for, that does not make sense. I feel like I am preaching to the converted here, that there is very little doubt that confession has been enough, in the Church; but perhaps there are some of you, like me, who were tempted to think confession was somehow a purging of sins that should never have been there. Not that God desires that we sin, but God makes allowance for sin, in His Mercy, that in time He may win us more completely...

...the point being to govern ourselves as servants who are prepared for the coming of the Lord, not the return of the reminder of their sin. We can do this, by accepting the Holy Spirit's direction, confessing some things, but not being overly concerned that there are many more things we could confess. In a similar vein there is a difference between prayer and right-prayer, judgment and right-judgment and the Holy Spirit is able to guide us in these also, but primarily it is a question of sin and the "right" confession. I don't know if I am getting the point across, but once you trust the Holy Spirit, you will see He is not trying to cripple your conscience with doubt, but rather help you find a place of rest, from which the true spiritual blessings of walking with the Lord can begin.

In time, what should manifest, is an easy light reflex to put to the Lord both what you do and don't want and what manner of strength you want magnified over the Devil. There is a contest here, that something be won in the spirit that it may manifest in the flesh - which is the whole point here, we don't want to license the flesh by self-aggrandising ourselves over it, but just dwell in humble subsistence over the work of the Holy Spirit through the truth of His Word. He is able to help us shed the things of this world, and come into a true and heartfelt relationship with God; a God who is not hurt that we ever thought we might sin, but who guides us through temptation, until we are able to see that He has taken us on the best path.

I hope this helps. I am confessing less, in one way, but in another I am confessing more strategically, of that which needs my attention - I hope you can do the same.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We must keep in mind, we are dead to the flesh, which is where sin resides, we are dead to the law, which brings forth sin, we are dead to sin itself through our being dead in Christ.

Therefore we cannot sin.

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0