• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning i was attacked by a drug dealer

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i was attacked and raped by the drug dealer who gave me drugs a few weeks ago
my own fault i cant report it my husband has been very supportive
i dont know what to do anymore haven't been going to NA or AA
tired to end it but it didn't work
still here
my fault

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's awful. i pray that God comforts you with this event. It is shocking when that happens and we have to live with ourselves afterwards.

Forgiveness and grace let that rule your heart in Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Try to get back to AA. I know of many lives that have been changed for the better including my own.

AA with church attendance recommended.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Am going to a new church found out they do therapy am thinking of going to it asap my husband now knows
unsure if i can forgive my attacker unsure if i can forgive myself either

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
i was attacked and raped by the drug dealer who gave me drugs a few weeks ago
my own fault i cant report it my husband has been very supportive
i dont know what to do anymore haven't been going to NA or AA
tired to end it but it didn't work
still here
my fault

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who has been raped because i went to a place i shouldn't have gone i also know how hard life is after such an event.:hug::hug::hug:

Sadly the bad life these three young men put into me stuffed me up big time and made my life hellish for many years, i wouldn't want that to happen to you!

So please Lily find Jesus to help, comfort and heal you in this part of your life. Please don't let unforgiveness rule your heart, you suffered enough from loveless deeds you don't need more in this part of your life. So please let Christ's love into this horrible event in your heart and deliver you from you anguish.

i forgave my attackers but forgot to forgive myself. So please pray for this person's soul. Do this until you earnestly seek the salvation of his soul. But please also pray for yourself and the removal of the bad life you now carry in your heart because of this event.

Its best to confess your side of the event to The Lord and let Him comfort you with is truth and set you free in His grace. After that please keep bringing bad times about this to Jesus. Do this until His grace and love over you shines whenever you think about this horrible event instead of the painful reality you carry now. When your heart lovingly praises Him for deliverance then you know you are safe from the bad life satan injected into your heart through this awful event.

Honest Jesus can deliver you from your trauma and let it come to rest in you. He did just that for me! Although it took Him many years, but that was because i hated myself for what happened and wouldn't forgive myself and what had become of me. i can't believe how much good life He has brought me, me delivering my bad life to Him and finding life in his loving truth instead of my hurting reality though. i highly recommend Him to aid you with this.

Much love finding Jesus in this part of your life as King, Priest and Prophet.

Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Am going to a new church found out they do therapy am thinking of going to it asap my husband now knows
unsure if i can forgive my attacker unsure if i can forgive myself either
I understand this from a person who has experienced SA and Rape. All my life I have held myself responsible for things others have done too me. I managed to forgive them but never myself.

It is hard. So please forgive yourself.

I struggle with this too and it has led me to a downward spiral. I pray that you forgive yourself. I do not possess the scriptures like others here. So your in good hands

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i cant get over this , its too hard , its been a few weeks since i was raped and am still wanting to end it
i feel dirty but its my own fault ...I cant be close to my husband i cant do anything i wanted to do
what is the point i must have Rape me stamped on my head

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i cant get over this , its too hard , its been a few weeks since i was raped and am still wanting to end it
i feel dirty but its my own fault ...I cant be close to my husband i cant do anything i wanted to do
what is the point i must have Rape me stamped on my head

Give yourself time. Give your interest in your husband time. Give your soul time.

You did not ask for this, but you do need to seriously, seriously stay away from drugs, dealers, and that life. You do.

Don't kill yourself. That's how they win. Christ loves you, Lily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i cant , please dont push at me reporting him he is dangerous and its my fault anyway
No, rape is never the victim's fault. It was not your fault.
Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its getting too much for me i cant fight them anymore am losing it

Praying you look at Jesus instead of those attacking you, it helps a lot. For when you let Jesus battle your battles then you end up winning. Love is stronger than bad life in whatever form it comes our way. Jesus will defeat it.

Peace

Depressed?
The pain of depression
is not only the fact
that good life is gone,
much worse seeing
bad life enjoying
tearing good life apart.

The sorrow of depression
are the hurting lies ruling.
They shape an abomination
which brings us our desolation,
time and again
dumping us in the pit.

The hopelessness of depression
floods fully over us
when we are overwhelmed
by the darkness pressing
us down into that hole
so lonely and forsaken.

The way out of depression
is to lovingly love
yourself away
from loveless lies
back into His truth
ruling good life.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i dont know what to do
I have found that God is not bound by time. He can go back to when the event happened and fix us. We deal with life from this moment looking back but He seems to go back to the beginning and heal us from there. At least that is been my experience when seeking pray for things that happened in the past.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0