I was asked to share with a womens group...now what?

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never spoke to a group of women. An evangelist I met on Facebook through a mutual friend asked me to speak to her Women's Prayer Group....I was humbled and honored. I accepted and now it's like....I have no clue how to effectively speak to a group of people.
I looked online for suggestions...they want you to subscribe and enroll in classes.
So here I am asking for advice....anyone got something they can share?

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have never spoke to a group of women. An evangelist I met on Facebook through a mutual friend asked me to speak to her Women's Prayer Group....I was humbled and honored. I accepted and now it's like....I have no clue how to effectively speak to a group of people.
I looked online for suggestions...they want you to subscribe and enroll in classes.
You didn't indicate that you were supposed to speak on any particular topic. So what are you interested in - speak on that.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't indicate that you were supposed to speak on any particular topic. So what are you interested in - speak on that.
Yes, I want to share on the topic of God as our Abba, Father....but these ladies are from Pakistan and it will be via Skype, and there has to be a translator and I have simply never spoken to a group of people..and am nervous. God is finally opening doors for me to enter into full time ministry...something I have waited on for years and now that it is happening I don't have a clue....:doh:

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I want to share on the topic of God as our Abba, Father....but these ladies are from Pakistan and it will be via Skype, and there has to be a translator and I have simply never spoken to a group of people..and am nervous. God is finally opening doors for me to enter into full time ministry...something I have waited on for years and now that it is happening I don't have a clue....:doh:

How exciting! I will pray for you. You can do this though. God will make a way.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I can't get into your mind, but speak on Father, the protector, how he looks out after us. His commandments are meant to protect us from trouble. He loves us. He forgives us. He also disciplines us - for our own good.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may want to create a simple survey for the women of that group to fill out ahead of time. (Google forms is free and easy to use) Ask them what kind of topics they need to hear about and base your talk about that.

As a side note, I would also suggest maybe creating a one sheet reflection journal for them to write about. Encourage them to write down something before your talk, during your talk, and after your talk. It can be as simple as "What does this Bible verse mean to you?" on a verse that you plan to include. Or a quote from a Christian leader/Saint, etc. It's nice to give them a chance to privately reflect on how the Spirit is moving them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is awesome and thank you! Well, it is time to step out in faith and be used of God. (Pakistani women....whew....very nervous but excited.)
They love God too and are your sisters in Christ. Their hearts should be already be ready to love you :)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may want to create a simple survey for the women of that group to fill out ahead of time. (Google forms is free and easy to use) Ask them what kind of topics they need to hear about and base your talk about that.

As a side note, I would also suggest maybe creating a one sheet reflection journal for them to write about. Encourage them to write down something before your talk, during your talk, and after your talk. It can be as simple as "What does this Bible verse mean to you?" on a verse that you plan to include. Or a quote from a Christian leader/Saint, etc. It's nice to give them a chance to privately reflect on how the Spirit is moving them.
That is going to have to wait when I am given more time....I have 15 minutes because of the translator....so 15 minutes to pack in a lot of golden nuggets...lol.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is going to have to wait when I am given more time....I have 15 minutes because of the translator....so 15 minutes to pack in a lot of golden nuggets...lol.

Oh in that case- something I loved from a recent speaker I heard. At the end of the event, he had a bowl of quotes about his talk. They weren't from him, but from the Bible, Saints, etc. We each took one (they were all different) and mine was just perfect. It was what I needed to hear at that moment and I kept it tucked into an icon that I have.

Just an idea... let them leave with something to ponder and pray about.

• Winner
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

True preaching is not done by our power but is done by Him in us. All we need do is have faith. Faith that He will provide every thing we need at that very moment. No preparation is needed. When we abide in Him, He abides in us, which also means His words abides in us. If He has said, "out of their bellies will flow rivers of living water", will He not keep that promise? Nervousness comes from the flesh and is perfectly normal, but that can change in the blink of an eye. Pray, have faith, and you will do fine.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True preaching is not done by our power but is done by Him in us. All we need do is have faith. Faith that He will provide every thing we need at that very moment. No preparation is needed. When we abide in Him, He abides in us, which also means His words abides in us. If He has said, "out of their bellies will flow rivers of living water", will He not keep that promise? Nervousness comes from the flesh and is perfectly normal, but that can change in the blink of an eye. Pray, have faith, and you will do fine.
:amen::clap:These words brought a huge smile to my face! Yes, you are correct....of course. It should be Him speaking through me and I should be confident of that. I think I know how Moses must have felt when he was talking with God...he argued that he was slow of speech, and slow of tongue...but then God answered who made man's mouth, etc. So, what am I to fear. Nothing, for faithful is He who called me who also equipped me to do it. Amen! I guess I just needed to be reminded. Thank you!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:amen::clap:These words brought a huge smile to my face! Yes, you are correct....of course. It should be Him speaking through me and I should be confident of that. I think I know how Moses must have felt when he was talking with God...he argued that he was slow of speech, and slow of tongue...but then God answered who made man's mouth, etc. So, what am I to fear. Nothing, for faithful is He who called me who also equipped me to do it. Amen! I guess I just needed to be reminded. Thank you!
Yes, we are the mouthpiece; the message is one we are honoured to bear from the Lord. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums