Texas
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There’s some bad blood between my husband and parents so holidays always stress me out

my parents were conning up for thanksgiving at the last minute my husband ask if they can get a quick drive thru Covid test to be safe. They are driving so we would know results by time they got here. They are in California us in Texas. I’m pregnant he has asthma so I get the over concern.

we find a place close and I ask and they get all offended and say they don’t want to do it cause it’s so last minute and even say they just won’t come to be safe.

than my mom says she can’t find any test to take now that they argued for an hour. My husband doesn’t want them to come without the test

I take my husbands side and say just come up later to avoid problems and safety. Now my moms acting like I just stabbed her in the heart crying hysterically and I just really feel like she’s over reacting and trying to create problems when it doesn’t have to be a big deal.

honestly I usually take my parents side cause my mom is so emotional and it causes problems in my marriage so for once I’m putting my husbands feelings first even if I think it’s a little irrational

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There’s some bad blood between my husband and parents so holidays always stress me out

my parents were conning up for thanksgiving at the last minute my husband ask if they can get a quick drive thru Covid test to be safe. They are driving so we would know results by time they got here. They are in California us in Texas. I’m pregnant he has asthma so I get the over concern.

we find a place close and I ask and they get all offended and say they don’t want to do it cause it’s so last minute and even say they just won’t come to be safe.

than my mom says she can’t find any test to take now that they argued for an hour. My husband doesn’t want them to come without the test

I take my husbands side and say just come up later to avoid problems and safety. Now my moms acting like I just stabbed her in the heart crying hysterically and I just really feel like she’s over reacting and trying to create problems when it doesn’t have to be a big deal.

honestly I usually take my parents side cause my mom is so emotional and it causes problems in my marriage so for once I’m putting my husbands feelings first even if I think it’s a little irrational

I fail to understand why people are so afraid of covid yet they have no issues getting behind the wheel of a car. The odds of surviving are better with covid.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

health first.

People that care more about their emotional outrage than about your health do not have your best interest so you have to be the final say an how much health risk is wise. Maybe you could offer to help her find a hotel once they get in town until her test can be done.

If I visit my children and then insist that my rage is far more important than possibly placing them at risk - I have to ask myself what in the world happened to me that I should be so uncaring.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I fail to understand why people are so afraid of covid yet they have no issues getting behind the wheel of a car. The odds of surviving are better with covid.

drunk people should be afraid of driving.

People at high risk for Covid-19 are like the drunk driving.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Welcome to CF :)

I'm with you and your husband. You aren't asking for anything unreasonable. A test takes about 5 minutes and is easy and painless. It's worth it to give yourselves some reassurance for your holiday gathering. I'm sorry your mother is being so difficult about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 1, 2017
U.S. Midwest
✟9,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My friend, I haven't any real advice except that I almost always counsel couples to put forth a loving and firm united front when dealing with in laws. I have just prayed for you and hope that you will all end up in union and peace.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Welcome to the forums...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Hello687,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 289210

6e9bc8edb91dd8a57a4e1f3daa219b9c.gif

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Welcome to the forums. I hope you will get some helpful feedback and advice from members here!

Upvote 0