I want you to preach I Am the Word of God

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a Lord. He gives me instructions, along with lots of other things. The first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible". So I did that and still do, but that was only the beginning of the instructions.

For example - One day while I was in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower He told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I Am the Word of God" I capitalized 'I AM' because when that still small voice of His told me 'I Am' those words hit me hard and sent me falling to the floor. I was able to catch myself before I actually hit the floor but it was weird that even via His still small voice those He can use 2 words "I Am" to send you fall down.

So was it Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit that was talking to me?

I mean at church, they always say the Bible is the Word of God and preach the Bible, don't they? That is what I usually hear. I have seen preachers literally hold a Bible over their heads and proclaim they are going to preach the Word of God, obviously referring to the Bible.
So was He who talked to me in the bathroom correct, or are those holding the Bible and saying they are preaching the Word of God correct.

Well, I have to know. The problem was that when I read the Bible like my Lord had first told me, I found out that the Bible clearly calls Him the Word of God. Rev 19:13 even explains clearly that His name is called the Word of God. John started his gospel on Jesus by calling Jesus Christ the Word of God several times. It was the word of the Lord who appeared to Abram in a vision and spoke to Abram, and I can go on and on. So I had to come to the conclusion that He who was speaking to me was the Word of God, yet in so doing I then needed to follow His instructions.

I have to tell you that He has been very persistent and consistent with instructions tell me to preach Him as the Word of God. It seems that the Christ has lots of names. He is called The Word of God because He speaks to His sheep. That is what He tells me and it seems to match up with the Bible.

Now I would think that every Christian, those you indeed hear His voice, would all understand that He is the Word of God we preach. It would have to be that way, wouldn't it? So is it that His people who call themselves Christians are just not hearing His voice?

I usually get up in the morning, pray the Lord's prayer with some extras and sit back with a Bible in hand and try to listen to Him. I listen at different times of the day also, but that is a special time for me. He often, but not always, asks me to open my Bible to a certain place.

One day He told me to open up to Eze 3 and asked me to read there. As I was reading it He started talking to me. So I could hear Him talking to me as I was reading. I was reading 'For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you;' -- He was speaking to me and telling me "Karl, I am sending you to people who can understand you and should listen to you, but they will not be willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to Me." -- so I heard from Him as I finished reading 'yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.

It's all pretty simple. He sends me to tell people to listen to Him, which by the way is what the Father said "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased, Listen to Him" Yet if people are unwilling to listen to Him then they are of course not going to be willing to listen to me telling them to listen to Him!

Frankly, it is frustrating work telling people who should know to listen to Him, to listen to Him, when they are not going to listen to me since they are not willing to listen to Him.

If I said politely "Please, listen to Him' would stubborn and obstinate people then reconsider and start seeking His voice?

Common people, it is not that hard. You ask your Lord a question and listen in your spirit for His response. He is not slow to answer, like you think. He has always been there just hoping to pick up a conversation with you. The only real condition is that you have to believe in Him - that He is there, that He will answer. Ok, the belief might not be that easy, but start with something simple like asking Him how He feels about you. God is love, and you know that. So He is going to answer something like that, but exactly how you do not know. So ask Him how He feels about you and start that conversation with your Lord. You can do it.

Then perhaps those preaching will hear other things. Things that will give them understanding. Things like:

EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A PREACHER PREACHES IS THEIR (GOD)!

IF A THOUSAND OF MY MIGHTY MEN ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG, I STILL DON’T WANT YOU DOING IT!

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T HAVE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE DON’T READ THE BIBLE WITH UNDERSTANDING, BUT OUR UNDERSTANDING…. UNDERSTAND???

So don't make a god out of your Bible. Use the Bible to point people to God!

Jn 1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God... in Him was life...He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him... And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us

My friends - He is a person and not a book! The Book is telling us about Him, the Word of God. So should we call the Book by His name? Isn't that just confusing? In such a case are we preaching Jesus Christ or the Book. We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord! I got that from a good source!!

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Word with capital W is the noun, it infers Jesus Christ as in John 1:1 . The word of God infers the text in the bible or to the bible...

If you're hearing voices how do you know it's God speaking to you ?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Word with capital W is the noun, it infers Jesus Christ as in John 1:1 . The word of God infers the text in the bible or to the bible...

If you're hearing voices how do you know it's God speaking to you ?

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

Check the above verse. It is not so uncommon to see it written this way. Now a word is something said not something saying, is it? Yet in the verse we see "the word of the Lord' showing up in a vision and "saying"!!! This verse could have been writing 'After these thing Jesus Christ came to Abram in a vision, saying,... So back then 'the word of the LORD' was the name of the One who Abram saw and who was speaking to Him in that vision.

So very often the prophets wrote something like 'the word of the Lord came to me saying'.

And note - if you find the word Scripture in the Bible is it not capitalized? Yes it is. So your trying to defend the Bible as the Word of God based upon capitalization is invalid! Now you might and should find times when the word of the Lord means something the Lord said, but if the word of the Lord is saying then the word of the Lord is how the writer is describing or naming the One speaking. You understand that, right?

Check out this verse, Mal 1:1 The oracle of the word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.

"The oracle" is what is said, right? So 'the word of the Lord' is the name of the One who came in the name of the Lord! The Christ! Remember that Jesus said to some that they would not see Him again until they said "‘BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'” ( Mat 23:39). If you don't understand the Jesus is the One who comes in the name of the Lord- eg the word of the Lord, then you will not see Him and know Him! That is why John wrote that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word is God. That is to say; that Jesus Christ is the One who is 'the word the Lord' who is so blessed that He comes in the name of God with the words of God for you, but do we listen? So the oracle or saying that Malachi had was from 'the word of the Lord' that One we know as Jesus Christ who comes in then name of God and is with God and is God.

If we are listening to Him then this should all be clear and the Bible makes sense. But if we are not listening to Him then we don't really understand the Jesus Christ comes with the words of God for us just like He came to the prophets of Old. He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them...

Yet if that has happened in your life, so that you heard from Him, ate with Him, got to know Him and He got to know you, then surely you must understand the He is the Word of God meaning that He came to you with the words of God, right?

Upvote 0