Law Enforcement Officer
Apr 23, 2012
USA
✟8,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what? Lion is correct. I've had too many hookups in my life and not enough solid relationships. Sure, I know how to get girls, but when push comes to shove, I don't know enough about getting a good, Christian woman who would make a fine wife. Carry on, brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

I think you may benefit from my husband's wisdom.

He fell in love with me long before I returned his affection. He prayed diligently that God would make him the man that could bless me and care for me in the manner that I needed. This went on for months. By the way, he DID tell me that he cared for me, many times. But I wasn't ready, so he stayed my very close friend...again for months. He was the perfect gentleman. He never touched me. He never said anything inappropriate. He loved me in the way that I needed at the time, which meant that he had to wait. In the meantime, he continued his prayer.

Over time, I fell in love with him. I could not help but respect and admire such a Godly man, who would sacrifice his own desires in order to bless me. That was real love. The day came that I told him that I was ready, and we celebrated and became a couple. After about 5 months, he proposed, and we married after another 5 months.

He continues to pray that prayer, every day, and I pray it too. We are absolutely devoted to each other, and are often asked by others the secret to our affection for each other, which is very evident to all. Our answer is that we pray over and over to be the best we can be for each other. We allow the Lord to work on our hearts, opening every dark place that we would rather keep hidden, so He can clean them out. It is a process, and there is much difficulty, but because God is the center of our marriage, we are able to work through every area of conflict. (My ring is a 3 stone: large diamond in the center symbolizing God, two smaller diamonds on each side representing us.)

I do not recommend playing games, as some do. My husband won my heart with his Godliness, his honesty and his patience. He still tells me today that he would have waited indefinitely for me, as long as it took. Even if I never came around, he would remain my close friend. How could I not love a man who would do all this for me?

Ask the Lord to bring you the right person. I believe that He will when YOU have become the man that is ready for her. This is a time for your own refinement and growth, so don't miss the opportunity! God's timing is always the best. Always! Praying that you become that man that can bless the woman that God has for you.

Don’t Be Friends First | More Than Don't Have Sex

Can someone please explain the point this blog post is trying to make? I get SOOO confused about the whole being friends first.... Half the advice I get or read says don't be friends first and the other half says it's perfectly okay. This aspect of friends, friendzones and attraction when it comes to relationships or potential ones drives me crazy and is VERY DISCOURAGING to my outlook on the topic.
Please someone, slap some sense into my head :o:o:o:o:o:o

Upvote 0

Officer

Law Enforcement Officer
Apr 23, 2012
USA
✟8,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The author is correct. You can't become friends with a girl first and then expect to be her boyfriend later. The girl is either attracted to you or she's not. You can't win a girl over by being a "friend" to her first. I can only think of one time that I've hooked up with a friend and that's because she refused to go out with me when we were both cater waiters. When I told her I became a cop, she wanted to start dating so in reality, it wasn't a friendship to a hookup deal. It was more of a girl who is attracted to men in uniform deal. Not only that, the girl knew I was interested even when we had the same job because I did ask her out even then. Friends to partners is a rare thing. It might happen once in a blue, but more times than not, it falls by the wayside.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.