Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I want to warn all christians about new age and Law of attraction. This concept is quite old,but now its getting quite popular among christians and unbelievers. It got very popular now in this few decades especially from the book. "The Secret- Rhonda Byrne". When you read it sounds as if it speak very similar to christian things. Like you can ask ( Universe,God or higher self) for what ever you want and you will manifest it to your reality.If you stay positive you attract good if you are negative you attract bad. You can find this even in quite popular books that promote success like " Think and grow rich-Napoleon Hill". There is some truth in those things what they teach because they took quite many bible verses where it say ask,believe and you shall receive.I do agree that as a christians if we are seeking first the Lord he can provide us " a job or help us in hard times if it's his will. I know because God really helped me not once in finding jobs or helping with my studies and many other things,but the problem i find with this LOA concept.

It preaches a lot about being successful and most of the time about being rich. Which is not very christian also they say it doesn't matter to who you ask. It can be Universe,God,higher self or if you get advanced you can manifest from your self if you were God. The more i stayed in the LOA forum I saw people started saying that everyone is God. There were people from all type of backgrounds and faiths...most of themere were christians and atheists,budhists,muslims,withcrafts. The more you get in to this the more confused you can get so It doesn't surprise me that some start to think they are God. I even meet some christians that they changed for asking God to asking Universe and meditating.One guy told me he was a christian ,but he now believes in LOA not God.For some reason when i used to come to the LOA forum i used to feel so negative and I can say it even made my faith in Jesus do stumble at one point.
So please be careful.

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The more you get in to this the more confused you can get so It doesn't surprise me that some start to think they are God.
That is pretty standard New Age fare. You are god of your own existence.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We should be careful about LOA because it works? Or because it will lead to praying to the universe or believing you are god?

Be careful of what it promotes also to whom you pray and ask for this things.

• Agree
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be careful of what it promotes also to whom you pray and ask for this things.
So you want us to be careful of "New age" no really LOA, correct? If not, what does LOA promote, and who is prayed to when using LOA.....if you know nothing about New age?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, what exactly is wrong with it beside lust for wealth and power?
I've heard of it being used for health and healing as well......not just wealth. I'm curious to know what he sees wrong with it as well.......outside of the religion of those who use it.

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes my cousin is all in to this stuff and it worries me. She is some kind of life coach and is always posting stuff about manifesting wealth and what not. She has tons of followers online and people pay for her coaching. Its very pseudo-spiritual to me. There is nothing wrong with fully positive attitudes, but meditating on "stuff" or "wealth" or whatever instead of meditating on God's word may temporarily get you what you want in this world but in the long run won't help you at all.

I think it could be the new one world religion that has a form of godliness but denies God's power. Right? If you can direct the universe to work for you in some way without God's blessing, would that not be sorcery of some sort? I don't even know what to say to her. How do you witness to someone who has clearly decided Christianity is not real and this stuff is?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here is nothing wrong with fully positive attitudes, but meditating on "stuff" or "wealth" or whatever instead of meditating on God's word may temporarily get you what you want in this world but in the long run won't help you at all

How do you believe this will affect someone in the long run.........thinking position, and asking for and getting wealth?

I think it could be the new one world religion that has a form of godliness but denies God's power. Right? If you can direct the universe to work for you in some way without God's blessing, would that not be sorcery of some sort? I don't even know what to say to her. How do you witness to someone who has clearly decided Christianity is not real and this stuff is?

Is it not true that you would desire a one world religion.....if it is your own? Wouldnt you say that you would want everyone to be Christian? Are you really against a one world religion, or would you make an exception for your own?

Would you say that one who uses LOA has decided that Christianity is not real? If so, why do you believe this?

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you believe this will affect someone in the long run.........thinking position, and asking for and getting wealth?

Is it not true that you would desire a one world religion.....if it is your own? Wouldnt you say that you would want everyone to be Christian? Are you really against a one world religion, or would you make an exception for your own?

Would you say that one who uses LOA has decided that Christianity is not real? If so, why do you believe this?

--------

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1.) It won't benefit you in the long run because you are effectively replacing God with the "Universe" or "Self" or whatever. You are making an idol out of this "religion". God has no place for you since you don't ask him for anything or thank him for what he has done. She(my cousin) never mentions God in her posts. It's always things like: "Today the universe will bless me with abundance. I am a magnet for wealth. The heavens will prove abundance." Things like this.
You are aware that the word God could be considered a replacement as well right? as it is a title and not a name.
Would you say that the statements you mentioned would go against this scripture:

:Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

2.) I am talking about the one world religion in the end times.
I was referring to the same. If you fear and want to avoid this...it would be best to also not want your own to become a global religion. If you do, then you are in support of this one world religion.

3.) I would say that if one uses LOA without Christ then yes they don't believe Christianity is real. I use it all the freakin time!!!! With prayer!!!!!! So yes if you manifesting things without prayer to the Creator its no Bueno!

I guess I agree, although Im not sure how you would use it without Christ.....as inserting and deserting Christ in it's usage, has little to with saying or not saying the word "christ" or God.
So a better title would be to beware of a version of LOA that doesnt include christ....and not just LOA as a whole....

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are aware that the word God could be considered a replacement as well right? as it is a title and not a name.
Would you say that the statements you mentioned would go against this scripture:

:Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I was referring to the same. If you fear and want to avoid this...it would be best to also not want your own to become a global religion. If you do, then you are in support of this one world religion.

---------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't both of these eastern beliefs?
Yeah, christians should be able to be prepared and train ourselves in discerning whatever is in the world. For we are not ignorant of the devil's devices.
Not sure I understand this. Wouldn't Christianity be an Eastern belief? Wasnt the Saviour born in the east as well as the disciples? Wasnt the term Christian first used in the east? Not sure how saying something comes from the east somehow discredits it.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the (many) reasons I don't like LOA is that it makes it easy to ignore the suffering of others. If we believe that we are manifesting good (or bad) into our lives then we can easily accept that the homeless person, abused child, diseased person is similarly responsible for their own misery and must on some level want that affliction/suffering. That could give people a great excuse to ignore the suffering of their neighbour. I have seen people blame their own mother for having cancer and I have similarly seen people blame themselves for ''wanting'' cancer. Also people refuse life saving treatments because they plan to wish themselves better. Dangerous nonsense indeed.

On another level, I do sometimes consider that God gives me what I want in order to show me how futile (material) desire is, because nothing can ever satisfy me but Him. That is different to LOA because it's part of my relationship with Lord Jesus Christ. I think you are giving good advice @ovis90

Reactions: MarleneJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure I understand this. Wouldn't Christianity be an Eastern belief? Wasnt the Saviour born in the east as well as the disciples? Wasnt the term Christian first used in the east? Not sure how saying something comes from the east somehow discredits it.
This what I meant:
Religions originating in the Indian subcontinent include Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. The theologies and philosophies of these religions have several concepts in common, such as dharma, karma, maya and samsara.
Eastern religions - Wikipedia

All of which are false world views

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to warn all christians about new age and Law of attraction. This concept is quite old,but now its getting quite popular among christians and unbelievers. It got very popular now in this few decades especially from the book. "The Secret- Rhonda Byrne". When you read it sounds as if it speak very similar to christian things. Like you can ask ( Universe,God or higher self) for what ever you want and you will manifest it to your reality.If you stay positive you attract good if you are negative you attract bad. You can find this even in quite popular books that promote success like " Think and grow rich-Napoleon Hill". There is some truth in those things what they teach because they took quite many bible verses where it say ask,believe and you shall receive.I do agree that as a christians if we are seeking first the Lord he can provide us " a job or help us in hard times if it's his will. I know because God really helped me not once in finding jobs or helping with my studies and many other things,but the problem i find with this LOA concept.

It preaches a lot about being successful and most of the time about being rich. Which is not very christian also they say it doesn't matter to who you ask. It can be Universe,God,higher self or if you get advanced you can manifest from your self if you were God. The more i stayed in the LOA forum I saw people started saying that everyone is God. There were people from all type of backgrounds and faiths...most of themere were christians and atheists,budhists,muslims,withcrafts. The more you get in to this the more confused you can get so It doesn't surprise me that some start to think they are God. I even meet some christians that they changed for asking God to asking Universe and meditating.One guy told me he was a christian ,but he now believes in LOA not God.For some reason when i used to come to the LOA forum i used to feel so negative and I can say it even made my faith in Jesus do stumble at one point.
So please be careful.
there is a fine line. See God uses creation to do His will. For our intents and purposes lets look at God as the manager, and all of creation as the workers. Now it's not that simple, God is in all and above all things. God is everywhere but for our purposes lets look at Him as a manager. Angels are His workers, we are His workers and even the universe is His servant. He programmed the scientific laws of the universe. There are over twenty dimensions and our laws of physics are based on four only. So science has no clue as to what God can do. But what I wanted to say was that the universe does do some aspect of what these new agers are saying. But it's the cart before the horse....let me explain this with an illustration:

Do you sometimes feel punished?
YES, yes, YES!

After Christ our sin brings no more wrath, as Jesus took our wrath upon himself. However sin does bring death. Sin itself brings death, God is not bringing death anymore, since Christ, death has been swallowed up in victory (Corinthians), See I believe God created the universe to react to both sin and righteousness. When we sin, the universe around us attacks us. It's way more than a simple demon, taunting you, but the universe actually bends to your destruction. The force is as if it's embedded into creation itself. It's not angelic or demonic, it's not Satan doing it. It's the universe itself that curses your sin. Likewise, when we do righteousness, the opposite happens, the wave of blessing turns tides and you are blessed. I was just talking to a mechanic today and we were talking about working night shift next week, and he said "well whatever the worse situation is, that will be what happens." See that is a cursed life. A life of sin is always cursed, in nearly every way. It has to be. But a life of righteousness will yield blessing. See a year ago before I rededicated my life, we were coming out of bankruptcy, two credit cards in collections, we were two months behind in mortgage, I was unhealthy and overweight. We were starting foreclosure. It was not one thing, it was everything. Then after I rededicated my life to the Lord, I started praying every day, obeying Jesus even in the small things. I mean I was obeying in everything, I was following the speed limit exactly. I was taking exactly 30 minute lunches and exactly 15 minute breaks, not a minute more. I was doing everything as unto the Lord. Then a tidal wave of blessing happened, I lost 60 pounds! A lady came up a month ago and offered double for our house. It was only worth 270,000 but she offered over 500,000 for it. That is enough to get completely out of debt, pay off our house, and pay off a new house, and have extra to buy a car, and pay off two credit cards. It would completely set us free. So this month sometime we are expecting that to happen. God picked out a house for us in another town, and we are ready to make an offer soon and pay cash for it. All this in one year's time. I had four or five curses behind me a year ago, then it all turned into one huge blessing. The only thing that changes was my heart toward sin. God allows the universe to curse our sin. See when we do righteousness, we are not only the only one's blessed, all creation is blessed. That is why when a nation sins, the whole country physically, spiritually, financially, is all cursed. And when a nation humbles itself and prays for God's forgiveness, He starts blessing that nation again.

Upvote 0