Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This discussion reminds me of something I went through once....
several years ago I had pneumonia. I had to be put on a couple of medications for it, both of which made me very irritable. The steroid I had to take also made me SO angry if anything got me the least bit upset. I literally felt like i was losing my mind! I asked the doctor if I could stop the medicines after a few days but no, I couldn't, otherwise I'd just get worse.

I laid on my bed in the dark and just cried to God. I told Him, "I cannot be a Christian right now! I can't be anything!!!" It really scared me to feel so completely beyond myself, out of control.
Through this He showed me that it is HE alone who keeps me. I was believing I kept myself, though I would not have thought that was the case if anyone had ever asked me.

We have to be humble and on our guard, always, and at the same time trusting in Him alone to keep us in Him.

It amazes me how forgiving He is. Recently I was repenting for something I had done, I felt so bad about it. I kept just saying all day, "God have mercy on me, a sinner." I had to remind myself that He does forgive, even though i felt so unworthy of it. After a while I just knew I had to trust Him that He had forgiven me. Jesus' Blood is more than enough, we have to trust Him.
To my surprise that night I heard Him say to my heart that He was pleased with me. WOW..... How amazing His grace truly is!!!

Thank you for the scriptures you quoted in your post Bruce. Those are life savers, life changers. Amen!!! Thank God for His mercy!!!

Upvote 0