i want to stop sinning. do you?

TwoWitnessesUSdotcom

Jul 22, 2003
I'm somewhere in the USA
✟514.00
Faith
Other Religion
peaceful soul said:
I don't want to interrupt the plan that God has already set for my deliverence. I am saved and to enter a condition on this earth of not sinning would, void my salvation that I now have and am greatful for.
Actually, it's not God's plan for you to sin until the day you die, that's Satan's plan. In making this statement you reveal who your true "God" is.

peaceful soul said:
But if you want me to play along with your scenario. We would have to: (1) pretend that Jesus didn't die for our sins; so that being able to not sin would be our great hope of escape from sin.
I noticed you quoted no scriptures to back up your premises, that's because no such scriptures exist, this is a concoction of your own making.
You assume that Jesus died for your sins so that you could keep sinning. Nothing could be further from the truth!

peaceful soul said:
(2) due to 1, will our ability to stop sinning still allow us to be saved? You can't assume that because 1 changed that 2 will still hold true.
This second statement is even more nonsensical than the first! You first build a false premise, then in (2) you draw a conclusion from a false premise! Thus, you make it impossible to answer your argument, since it is based on a fundamental error.

peaceful soul said:
By that understanding we are yet sinners. No matter what we do, we still fall short.
Again your logic defies all common sense. "we are sinners no matter what we do?" You are flat out saying that even if we stop sinning we are still sinners and that is just nonsense! "No matter what we do.." If I do no sin, I'm no longer a sinner!

peaceful soul said:
It is God's grace, mercy, and love that spares us. You are forgetting that we sin even when we don't realize it.
This statement reveals the true error of your thinking. If Messiah is in "control" of my life, and I "do only the works of Messiah," and my love motivates my actions (the love of Messiah), and I "walk even as he walked" there is no way I can sin unknowingly, for all my actions and words are motivated out of love, and love does NOT sin!
peaceful soul said:
You can't just look at obvious things that your mind and conscience show you. Although I'm saved, God continually shows me the filthiness and unwholesomeness that I have in my life no matter how hard I try to live a holly life. It is this reminder that keeps me humble and seeking God's way all the more.
What you are describing is sad. You are describing a demon tormented soul who's only understanding of holiness keeps him from pleasing God, out of FALSE HUMILITY! You are false from the depths of your soul. Your holiness is false, your faith is false, your humility is false, everything about you is false, and what's really tragic is you don't realize that the youngest child in the world, who doesn't even know God, can see your falsehood! It isn't even hidden from the world, yet you think it's hidden from God!

peaceful soul said:
That is true, but we are a work in progress. Sin still is a part of our lives. Remember that we are saints (deemed holy by Jesus) that are being perfected (being made complete in His image) by those that teach His word (apostles, pastors, teachers,....). There's plenty of room for improvement for all of us.
You just now contradicted every other word you said in this post, for you make it clear that we will "NEVER" be made into his image, that we will sin until "the day we die," and that there IS NO IMPROVEMENT at all, but that we are sold to sin until the end of our days!

peaceful soul said:
I hope we are now in agreement.
Not even CLOSE to agreement!

Upvote 0

TwoWitnessesUSdotcom

Jul 22, 2003
I'm somewhere in the USA
✟514.00
Faith
Other Religion
water_ripple said:
I too the closer I get to God the more I hate to sin. Desperately I try to avoid this. I am not perfect and I fear that if I think I am being perfect and commiting no sin then I am sinning in pride.
Such "pride" as you describe it is impossible to those who have ceased from sin by the power of Messiah in them, for such an one knows of whence came the righteousness, and such an one knows that he was not perfected in his own fleshly initiative but was renewed by the Holy Spirit! You fail to understand how it is that we "cease from sin," and it is not by the power of our fleshly abstinance, but sinless living comes from Spirit Filled living, and that's why Messiah said "my yoke is easy and my burden is light." The evil ones in the world have lied to you and made you think that Messiah was saying the yoke is easy and the burden light because he performed righteousness for you in his lifetime, and now when you conform to the legalism of Christianity, (confessing Messiah) his righteousness is then counted as yours no matter how sinfully you behave. This is a lie of the devil! His burden is light because HIS LOVE is what carries out the sinlessness within you, NOT YOUR OWN VAIN EFFORTS! When one lives in this holiness, there is NO PRIDE IN YOU, for you KNOW OF A CERTAINTY that it was MESSIAH who did the works, not you.

water_ripple said:
I think the closer I get to God the more I consciencly(sp?) recognize my sins. Before I decided to make a commitment to God I was aware of some things that were offensive to God, but not of others. Before I did not see the harm in cursing. Now I do. Cursing stirs up defensive emotions in others and sometimes aggression. Also, I have a 2 yr. old who is becoming a parrot. I've heard her say the "s" word and I felt sick to my stomach. I look at this from God's POV and now understand why He would be offended hearing His children using such language. I have since modified this behavior, but every once in a while a curse will slip out.
Evidently you never read the scripture that says "out of the same mouth you bless God and you curse your neighbor, these things ought not to be."

If your mouth is in God's CONTROL, and you have rendered your tongue over to do HIS SERVICE, your mouth will NEVER CURSE. It's only when you yield your members to corruption that you slip! Until Christians admit this, holiness will forever slip from their grasp!
water_ripple said:
I think every Christian wishes it was easier to abstain from sin. However, this is impossible as long as we are trapped in the flesh. The flesh is immeasureably weak compared to the perfection of God.
Therein lies the crux of the matter. "To be caranally minded is death." You don't realize that when you "walk in the Spirit," you are no longer "ruled by the flesh," you are a new creature, and the old fleshly man is DEAD! This is why it says "mortify the deeds of the body."

You simply don't get it! We are NO LONGER IN THE FLESH, if we WALK IN THE SPIRIT! That is why Romans 8 says "there is no condemnation for them that be in Yahoshua, Messiah, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT WALK IN THE SPIRIT!"

It doesn't get any simpler than that. People ask me why I sound angry in these posts, what they are hearing is frustration, because it's obvious to me that the only way you can't see these simple truths is if you REFUSE to see them, and there can be only one explanation for that, which is, a person who refuses to see he can stop sinning if he would but YIELD HIMSELF to the LOVE that comes through Messiah, is refusing because they WANT TO HANG ONTO THEIR SINS and REFUSE to LET THEM GO!

It's frustrating most of all, because, they want to call Yahoshua "Lord," but they don't want to "do what he says!"

I'm done!

Upvote 0

Luchnia

Jul 19, 2003
✟1,127.00
Hang in there twowitnesses! It is nice to see you support the servant Jesus and lift up the Word.

A man that sins is a servant of sin and the devil as it is written. Often the problem is a misunderstanding of what sin is and who a man is yielded to. How many sins does it take to **** the soul? If led by the Spirit of God, the Spirit does not lead to sin. The child of God is a saint.

Word up!

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OK let's try this again. TwoWitnessesUSdotcom, as I was reading your reply, I started asking myself what drugs were you taking and how many. I will give you a benefit of a doubt and assume that I didn't explain my viewpoint very well. I don't need any scripture references since the question is all by inference.

Here is the original post:

i dont want to debate this, i do not want to go through the hours of proving or disproving anything.

but id like to ask a simple question.
do you want to stop sinning, if there was a way, would you take it?

see i long for that, truely the closer i get to God, the more i hate even the smell or appearance of sin. i cant stand to be around it, becuase i am being transformed in the image of his glory by the holyspirit as the bible says. and i just loath and hate anything to do with sin. and it just doesnt make sense for me that the closer i get to God the more i hate sin, if i really cant stop sinning.
i will never truely be happy, if i am bound to live this life as a life full of what i hate.

oh i want to be free from this.
do you desire to stop sinning? have you stopped sinning?
if you could, would you take it?

1st question: do you want to stop sinning

Answer: No. Why?
Unless God's plan of salvation changes, I will be in some gray area. Here is why: (1) I will no longer have sin, but yet I won't be sinless. That is because of the sins that I had commited before I stopped. (2) I will no longer need God's grace, because I no longer sin. Therefore, the only redemption I would need would be for the sins that I commited before I stopped sinning. I would have gone from needing grace to not needing it before I died. God would then have to create another category of salvation, don't you think? Does that help you to understand now?

Silly, I know God's plan is not for me to sin, but I have a sinful nature and I'm not going to pretend it isn't there. In my walk with God, I have seen and continue to see the power of sin and how it screws up me and others. I am quite happy with God's present plan of salvation. It works just fine for me. I get incredible growth in all facets of my life by relying on Him for everthing and trusting him completely. It hurts like hell somtimes, but it keeps reminding me of how far I am from God, but yet How close I am to Him at the same time.

My ultimate desire: To have never have had sin in the 1st place rather than to stop somewhere in midstream.

2nd question:if there was a way, would you take it?

Because of 1. I would take it only if God's plan allowed for that condition to exist for salvation per His Word.

The question wasn't well thought out IMO, because I got a different take on it than the rest of you, it seems. Also, who or what stops the sinning, myself or God or perhaps something else? That also, weighs heavily in what answer you will get.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
peaceful soul said:
OK let's try this again. TwoWitnessesUSdotcom, as I was reading your reply, I started asking myself what drugs were you taking and how many. I will give you a benefit of a doubt and assume that I didn't explain my viewpoint very well. I don't need any scripture references since the question is all by inference.

Here is the original post:

1st question: do you want to stop sinning

Unless God's plan of salvation changes, I will be in some gray area. Here is why: (1) I will no longer have sin, but yet I won't be sinless. That is because of the sins that I had commited before I stopped. (2) I will no longer need God's grace, because I no longer sin. Therefore, the only redemption I would need would be for the sins that I commited before I stopped sinning. I would have gone from needing grace to not needing it before I died. God would then have to create another category of salvation, don't you think? Does that help you to understand now?

Silly, I know God's plan is not for me to sin, but I have a sinful nature and I'm not going to pretend it isn't there. In my walk with God, I have seen and continue to see the power of sin and how it screws up me and others. I am quite happy with God's present plan of salvation. It works just fine for me. I get incredible growth in all facets of my life by relying on Him for everthing and trusting him completely. It hurts like hell somtimes, but it keeps reminding me of how far I am from God, but yet How close I am to Him at the same time.

My ultimate desire: To have never have had sin in the 1st place rather than to stop somewhere in midstream.

2nd question:if there was a way, would you take it?

Because of 1. I would take it only if God's plan allowed for that condition to exist for salvation per His Word.

The question wasn't well thought out IMO, because I got a different take on it than the rest of you, it seems. Also, who or what stops the sinning, myself or God or perhaps something else? That also, weighs heavily in what answer you will get.
I agree with you. God says ALL people are sinners! Jesus died so that we could have salvation. We are no less subject to the plan of God than Jesus Christ. The flesh is weak and unholy. If we pridefully think that we are doing everything right and twist the word of God up...well I do not wish to be a part of that.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Luchnia said:
So God's children that are led by the Spirit are children and servants of the devil?

Hmmm....cannot figure this one out!

Word up!

Had you read the post properly, you shouldn't have to be puzzled.

Man sins because he is a sinner and not the converse: he is a sinner because he sins. Until you die, you will have that spiritual battle between the flesh and the Spirit.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
Luchnia said:
So God's children that are led by the Spirit are children and servants of the devil?

Word up!
Hmm..Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that all people have a chance for salvation. Pride would overcome me if I thought I was perfect and commited no sin. Jesus was the only worthy sacrafice to die for our sins b/c He was without sin. The flesh makes humans weak. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Humongus difference. We are to repent of our sins, and mature in faith. This does not imply however that we humans could ever be as perfect as God. We are to ask forgiveness, repent, and walk in the light with God. We are to strive to be like Christ, but humble before Him.

Upvote 0

nyjujubeez

Mar 10, 2010
✟7,656.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Word up!

Matthew 5
43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[r] and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends,[t] how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

So far from reading this thread, I have not seen any corrections to other members through love, only through mocking. Unless I have mis-read or mis-understood, can you please explain Scripturally (not through man's opinion) why you are speaking about perfection and sinlessness that is available right now - but...have not followed the Lord's command to "be perfect"?

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

well, i disgree that a christian cant stop sinning.

reean
well, i dont really think the scripture from romans 7 that people say proves paul always struggled with sin really means that.
i understand asking forgiveness and all that, but im just sick of sinning and want to quit it for good.

susan
well, i sure hope the only way to stop sinning is not to leave this life, becuase to me sin truely is big thing, it isnt like God, and i know God hates it.
i understand that i need not focus fully on myself, but from the amount of times the bible speaks to christians and commands them to depart from iniquity, i think a christain must diligently watch himself in the area of sin.
Endure, first I want to applaud you for your heart, for this is a heart that God is speaking to. How many there are in the body who have grown content with sin embedded in them, to the point that they do not even get bothered by it anymore. Unbelief has grown so deep, so strong that we simply view sin as a "minor inconvenience", when Christ suffered for every one of those sins.

Your question is a valid one. Do you remember the movie scene in The Matix where Keanu is offered a blue pill and a red pill? it is like that. If we knew taking the blue pill would free us from our old corrupt nature, would we take it? The price of taking it? Loss of personal freedom to run our own lives, do our own thing, rule our own little kingdom, and as well make us in disagreement with 99% of Christianity as it believes now? The benefit...to walk all day every day, kept by the power of God, not ourselves, seeing the fruits of the spirit grow in us not by effort by by simply letting the nature of the vine we are grafted into do its thing by nature.

I have said often, if someone is NOT walking in victory, there is but one safe place for that man to find himself. That is to be like the man in the temple who was beating His breast, saying unashamedly "God be merciful to me a sinner." How sickening comfortable have many become with sin filled and worldly lives, where it does not even bother therm anymore, the deception has gorown so strong.

In all humility, I have something that will help you in your search. I was bound to heavy sin in ways you cannot even fathom for over three dacades before I finally broke and gave up, telling God what He required was too hard, too high, for me to do. I was bankrupt of any new ideas to try, any new "theories" and told God if He did not save me from myself, I would not be saved. I was a completely broken man with no strength remaining.

That was 26 moths ago and something supernatural happened to me that night. The sins that clawed at my brain daily fell away like water on a ducks back and I have experienced trule liberty for over two years now, and not by my efforts at all.

I will share it if you like, but I will say this...it works, and will work for any, but especially those who have refused to lower the standard that "Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord", even it it judges them as missing heaven. If a man will come hungry, desperate for stopping bringing dishonor on our Lord's name by continuing to bring forth evil fruit, that man will find the easy yoke God promised, where we would indeed find rest for our souls.

So now the question becomes quite relevant here that you asked. If someone gave you a way out of the old fleshly nature, to walk in joyful obedience every day, would you take it?

Now, do I realize how crazy this sounds to most who will read it? I do. I would have been one of them three years ago. But God is in the process of making the bones in Ezekiel 37 begin to rattle and life for the body of Christ is about to erupt for the world to see and marvel. Jesus is not coming back for a bride that is "positionally" clean and spotless, but one who has discoved and walked in the path He has promised, the highway of holiness promised in Isaiah, where "a man, though he be a fool, shall not err therein".

Let me know if you would like to at least examine the blue pill, LOL.

Excellent post by the way.

Bruce

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Endure, first I want to applaud you for your heart, for this is a heart that God is speaking to. How many there are in the body who have grown content with sin embedded in them, to the point that they do not even get bothered by it anymore. Unbelief has grown so deep, so strong that we simply view sin as a "minor inconvenience", when Christ suffered for every one of those sins.

Your question is a valid one. Do you remember the movie scene in The Matix where Keanu is offered a blue pill and a red pill? it is like that. If we knew taking the blue pill would free us from our old corrupt nature, would we take it? The price of taking it? Loss of personal freedom to run our own lives, do our own thing, rule our own little kingdom, and as well make us in disagreement with 99% of Christianity as it believes now? The benefit...to walk all day every day, kept by the power of God, not ourselves, seeing the fruits of the spirit grow in us not by effort by by simply letting the nature of the vine we are grafted into do its thing by nature.

I have said often, if someone is NOT walking in victory, there is but one safe place for that man to find himself. That is to be like the man in the temple who was beating His breast, saying unashamedly "God be merciful to me a sinner." How sickening comfortable have many become with sin filled and worldly lives, where it does not even bother therm anymore, the deception has gorown so strong.

In all humility, I have something that will help you in your search. I was bound to heavy sin in ways you cannot even fathom for over three dacades before I finally broke and gave up, telling God what He required was too hard, too high, for me to do. I was bankrupt of any new ideas to try, any new "theories" and told God if He did not save me from myself, I would not be saved. I was a completely broken man with no strength remaining.

That was 26 moths ago and something supernatural happened to me that night. The sins that clawed at my brain daily fell away like water on a ducks back and I have experienced trule liberty for over two years now, and not by my efforts at all.

I will share it if you like, but I will say this...it works, and will work for any, but especially those who have refused to lower the standard that "Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord", even it it judges them as missing heaven. If a man will come hungry, desperate for stopping bringing dishonor on our Lord's name by continuing to bring forth evil fruit, that man will find the easy yoke God promised, where we would indeed find rest for our souls.

So now the question becomes quite relevant here that you asked. If someone gave you a way out of the old fleshly nature, to walk in joyful obedience every day, would you take it?

Now, do I realize how crazy this sounds to most who will read it? I do. I would have been one of them three years ago. But God is in the process of making the bones in Ezekiel 37 begin to rattle and life for the body of Christ is about to erupt for the world to see and marvel. Jesus is not coming back for a bride that is "positionally" clean and spotless, but one who has discoved and walked in the path He has promised, the highway of holiness promised in Isaiah, where "a man, though he be a fool, shall not err therein".

Bruce

Yesbut, don't you think all the years of knowing were necessary to come to the point of unknowing, or else the men on the chessboard can't really make much sence :) oh wait..that was the guy with the hooka ;)

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a message that speaks to this very thing.....

David Wilkerson Today

THURSDAY, MARCH 18, 2010

FOLLOWING HOLINESS

God’s Word tells us in no uncertain terms: “Follow…holiness, without
which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14).

Here is the truth, plain and simple. Without the holiness that’s imparted by
Christ alone—a precious gift we honor by leading a life devoted to obeying
his every Word—none of us will see the Lord. And this refers not just to
heaven, but to our present life as well. Without holiness, we won’t see
God’s presence in our daily walk, our family, our relationships, our witness
or our ministry.

It doesn’t matter how many Christian conferences we attend, how many
preaching tapes we listen to, how many Bible studies we are involved in. If we
harbor a cancerous sin, if the Lord has a controversy with us over our
iniquity, then none of our efforts will produce godly fruit. On the contrary,
our sin will only grow more contagious and infect everyone around us.

Of course, this issue goes beyond all lusts of the flesh, to corruption of the
spirit as well. Paul describes the same destructive sin in this passage when he
says, “Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of
the destroyer” (1 Corinthians 10:10).

So, dear saint, will you allow the Holy Spirit to deal with all the lusts you
may be harboring? And will you instead seek and trust in the escape that God
has provided for you? I urge you to cultivate a holy fear and trust in these
last days. It will keep you pure, no matter how loudly wickedness rages around
you. And it will enable you to walk in God’s holiness, which holds the
promise of his enduring presence.

It is all a matter of faith. Christ has promised to keep you from falling, and
to give you sin-resisting power—if you simply believe what he has said. So,
believe him for this godly fear. Pray for it and welcome it. God will keep his
Word to you. You cannot break free from the death-grip of besetting sin by
willpower, by promises, or by any human effort alone. “Not by might, nor by
power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord” (Zechariah 4:6)

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this one also~ I know these both spoke to me.

by David Wilkerson

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, 2010

THE CROSS TEACHES US HOW TO DENY SELF

Never once does our Lord say, “Stoop down and let me lay a cross on you.”
Jesus is not in the drafting business; his army is all volunteer. Not all
Christians carry crosses. You can be a believer without carrying a cross, but
you cannot be a disciple.

I see many believers rejecting the way of the cross. They have opted for the
good life with its prosperity, its material gain, its popularity and success.
I’m sure that many of them will make it to heaven— they will have saved
their skins—but they will not have learned Christ. Having rejected the
suffering and sorrow of the cross, they will not have the capacity to know and
enjoy him in eternity, as will all the cross-bearing saints who have entered
into the fellowship of the suffering.

You will have to carry your cross until you learn to deny. Deny what? The one
thing that constantly hinders God's work in our lives—self. Jesus said, "If
any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross, and
follow me" (Matthew 16:24). We are misinterpreting this message if we emphasize
self-denial, that is, the rejection of material or unlawful things. Jesus was
not calling upon us to learn self-discipline before we take up our cross. It is
far more severe than that. Jesus is asking that we deny ourselves. This means to
deny your own ability to carry any cross in your own strength. In other words,
"Don't take up your cross until you are ready to reject any and every thought
on becoming a holy disciple as a result of your own effort."

Millions of professing Christians boast of their self-denial. They don't drink,
smoke, curse or fornicate—they are examples of tremendous self-discipline. But
not in a hundred years would they admit it was accomplished by anything other
than their own willpower. They are practicing self-denial, but they have never
denied self. In some ways, we are all like that. We experience "spurts" of
holiness, accompanied by feelings of purity. Good works usually produce good
feelings, but God will not allow us to think our good works and clean habits
can save us. That is why we need a cross.

I believe Jesus is actually saying to us, "Before you take up your cross, be
ready to face a moment of truth. Be ready to experience a crisis by which you
will learn to deny your self-will, your self-righteousness, your
self-sufficiency, your self-authority. You can rise up and follow me as a true
disciple only when you can freely admit you can do nothing in your own
strength—you cannot overcome sin through your own willpower—your
temptations cannot be overcome by your self-efforts alone—you cannot work
things out by your own intellect.

Your love for Jesus can put you on your knees but your cross will put you on
your face.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bruce

All i have to say to this is :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by maid in His image
Yesbut, don't you think all the years of knowing were necessary to come to the point of unknowing, or else the men on the chessboard can't really make much sence
smile.gif
oh wait..that was the guy with the hooka
wink.gif

Hey, put down the hooka and rephrase your question, LOL. I am not sure what you are asking here. ;)
Haha, I was talking into the alice in wonderland theme of different colored pills. The hooka smoking caterpillar needs to turn into a butterfly, and that involves metamorphasis occuring. During which time there is a cacoon stage. (Like that makes it clearer lol) Let me try from scripture.

the Lord is my portion, therefore i will wait for Him. lamentations 3:24

There is a time of waiting and during that time (like the betrothed) it's time spent in preparation, waiting for the bridegroom to arrive. What we learn in preparation makes us ready to go away with Him into a fuller relationship.

iow, do you think you would be where you are now w/o the years of preparation, say if the Lord had removed all obstacles in the first day of your conversion? I know I wouldn't be. Because of my afflictions the chizel was to the stone for many years before the Father's healing completely took place in a day.
Many sear their consciences to remove the Lord's leading, but those who follow Him follow in obedience.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All i have to say to this is :clap:
Here is another one from March 18 devotion, The uncreated life

The Lord is my portion~ Watchman Nee

And out of the ground made Jehovah God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden ... Genesis 2.9.

The tree of life signifies the life of God, the uncreated life of God. Adam is a created being (male and female), and therefore he does not possess such uncreated life. Though at this point he is still without sin, he nevertheless is only natural since he has not received the holy life of God. The purpose of God is for Adam to choose the fruit of the tree of life with his own volition so that he might be related to God in divine life. And thus Adam would move from simply being created by God to his being born of Him as well. What God requires of Adam is simply for him to deny his created, natural life and be joined to Him in divine life, thus living daily by the life of God. Such is the meaning of the tree of life. The Lord wanted Adam to live by that life which was not his originally.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Originally Posted by maid in His image
Yesbut, don't you think all the years of knowing were necessary to come to the point of unknowing, or else the men on the chessboard can't really make much sence
smile.gif
oh wait..that was the guy with the hooka
wink.gif

Haha, I was talking into the alice in wonderland theme of different colored pills. The hooka smoking caterpillar needs to turn into a butterfly, and that involves metamorphasis occuring. During which time there is a cacoon stage. (Like that makes it clearer lol) Let me try from scripture.

the Lord is my portion, therefore i will wait for Him. lamentations 3:24

There is a time of waiting and during that time (like the betrothed) it's time spent in preparation, waiting for the bridegroom to arrive. What we learn in preparation makes us ready to go away with Him into a fuller relationship.

iow, do you think you would be where you are now w/o the years of preparation, say if the Lord had removed all obstacles in the first day of your conversion? I know I wouldn't be. Because of my afflictions the chizel was to the stone for many years before the Father's healing completely took place in a day.
Many sear their consciences to remove the Lord's leading, but those who follow Him follow in obedience.
Excellent post. And you thought I could get all that from my understanding of a hooka smoking caterpillar? Now THAT is faith! LOL

Bruce

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If we knew taking the blue pill would free us from our old corrupt nature, would we take it? The price of taking it? Loss of personal freedom to run our own lives, do our own thing, rule our own little kingdom, and as well make us in disagreement with 99% of Christianity as it believes now?

I don't think we can ever get completely free of our old nature as long as we are in fleshly bodies. But other than that, I took that "pill" a few years ago. It's been a wild ride so far, and believe me, I ain't the one in the driver's seat. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Now, I don't know about "going against" 99% of Christianity today. Most people I go to church with believes as I do.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Here is a message that speaks to this very thing.....

David Wilkerson Today

THURSDAY, MARCH 18, 2010

FOLLOWING HOLINESS

God’s Word tells us in no uncertain terms: “Follow…holiness, without
which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14).

Here is the truth, plain and simple. Without the holiness that’s imparted by
Christ alone—a precious gift we honor by leading a life devoted to obeying
his every Word—none of us will see the Lord. And this refers not just to
heaven, but to our present life as well. Without holiness, we won’t see
God’s presence in our daily walk, our family, our relationships, our witness
or our ministry.

It doesn’t matter how many Christian conferences we attend, how many
preaching tapes we listen to, how many Bible studies we are involved in. If we
harbor a cancerous sin, if the Lord has a controversy with us over our
iniquity, then none of our efforts will produce godly fruit. On the contrary,
our sin will only grow more contagious and infect everyone around us.

Of course, this issue goes beyond all lusts of the flesh, to corruption of the
spirit as well. Paul describes the same destructive sin in this passage when he
says, “Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of
the destroyer” (1 Corinthians 10:10).

So, dear saint, will you allow the Holy Spirit to deal with all the lusts you
may be harboring? And will you instead seek and trust in the escape that God
has provided for you? I urge you to cultivate a holy fear and trust in these
last days. It will keep you pure, no matter how loudly wickedness rages around
you. And it will enable you to walk in God’s holiness, which holds the
promise of his enduring presence.

It is all a matter of faith. Christ has promised to keep you from falling, and
to give you sin-resisting power—if you simply believe what he has said. So,
believe him for this godly fear. Pray for it and welcome it. God will keep his
Word to you. You cannot break free from the death-grip of besetting sin by
willpower, by promises, or by any human effort alone. “Not by might, nor by
power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord” (Zechariah 4:6)

Thank God for you. To find saints with faith still in the delivering and keeping power of God is like walking thru a dry place and finding a gentle stream to be refreshed in.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."
Hebrews 7:25

I fully believe that if someone is bound by their sins but, like the man in the temple, beating his breast, pleading for mercy and for relief, that man stands justified before God. Why? He is actively repenting.

But how many who claim to be His children have gotten comfortable in their sins. where the spirit of conviction has been all but quenched, and faith has become so weak in the keeping and transforming power of God that the shield of faith is over in the corner gathering dust.

Many are counting on a one time bowing of the knee to save them, not realizing that it is "to him who endures to the end, the same shall be saved."

God does indeed have an answer to our sin problem but it will not be found by many that call themselves children of God until, like the prodigal son, they too "come to themselves" with their faces in the hog trough of sin, and run back to the father in brokenness and contrition, begging Him and Him alone to keep them safe from the evil one.

We are to be HIS workmanship. He must change us. He must keep us. He requires but one thing...a broken heart that can believe His promises.

The real danger of sin for a Christian is its power to callous the heart and deceive us into a false security. We have reduced the gospel down to simple forgiveness, not realizing the forgiveness is but a first necessary step for us to begin an amazing walk of holiness unto the Lord.

How many have come "out of Egypt" and yet not yet erntered the land of promise, wandering around and around in the wilderness of unbelief. Lest we forget, 600,000 souls, God's people, departed Egypt led by God. Of those, two entered the promised land....two! What was so special about these two? Nothing at all, other than the fact that they believed their God's promise that the land was theirs, and refused to doubt.

"When the Lord comes back, will he find faith on the earth?"

The answer is yes, but the question is, for each of us, will I be counted as one of them, or will I be found deceived in a religion that drew near with the lips but set no one free, a false gospel that had us "ever learning, but never able to come to the knoweldge of the truth".

Thanks for a great post, Amylisa

Bruce

Upvote 0