midge,

ill say it again.

john 8.34
"whosoever commiteth sin, is the servant of sin"

heres another.
1 john 3.8
"he that commiteth sin is of the devil"

and just so i know you know.

"when you sin, your no longer holy." period.

go ahead, look for a sin in me to say i dont have the right to say these things, if you find one, fine. but whether you do or not, perfection and sinlessness is still an obligation in the word of God, not just a goal.

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Endure,
We have never met so neither you or I can possibly judge each other. Besides that is expressly forbidden in scripture.

I can, however, find a verse which disproves your statement:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

This verse tells us that we are all servents of sin, we are all of the devil, we are all in desparate need of help.

Now we both know that we have to face up to the fact that neither of us is holy, at least not in our own strength.

Here is the good news!
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
no way man, that dont even make sense...
by the way, you took that first verse way out of context.

the bible says he who sins is the servant of sin.
john 8.

the bible says that when you are a servant of sin, you are FREE from all righteousness, that means your not saved.
romans 6.20

the bible says that if you sin, your salvation or sacrifice is removed.
hebrews 10.26

the bible says that when you are defeated and overcome by sin and go back to corrupt ways, then you are again entangled in the death and corruption of this world, and your end is WORSE then your beginning.
that means your not going to heavon when your living in sin.
2 pet 2.20

so....can we stop sinning?
if we dont, we wont make it heavon unless we get the saved the moment we die and cant sin fast enough.
so, maybe no one will be saved so beit.

but nah....
thats not how it is.
romans 6.6
...the body of sin might be destroyed...
romans 6.7
he that is dead is free from sin.
romans 6.11
reckon yourself dead indeed unto sin.
romans 6.12
let not sin reighn in your mortal body.
1 pet 4.1
he that has suffered in the flesh has ceased to sin...
1 john 2.10
there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
2 cor 7.1
let us cleanse ourselves from all the filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
heb 7.1
let us go on unto perfection.
james 1.4
that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
galations 5.16
walk in the spirit, and ye shall not fullfill the lust of the flesh.
galations 5.24
they that are Christs have crucified the flesh with the affections and the lusts thereof.

you are commanded to be holy and if you dont, it doesnt mean your weak or feeble or need help, but your in rebbellion, and thats it, even if you dont know it. God gave provision, and there is no excuse.
its either your opinion that we all sin, or the words that we can and must be holy, and sorry, your wrong.

now, for your misplaced scripture.
first you have to understand that the rest of the bible does not say we are bound to live in sin, as i have abundantly proven already.
second, you have to understand that in the context of the entire first chapter changes the sometimes aparent meaning.

i dont have time to go into depth and abundantly prove this but what he said that if you think you have so sin, you are deceived becuase no one outside of Christ is without sin or has never sinned. he is not speaking to people are walking in the fullness of their priviledge of Christ, steady believers, but he is speaking to a people and trying to

1. convince them of the truth of the gospel in verses 1-2
2. trying to bring them into a fellowship with Christ. verses 3-4
these are not steady believers.

verse 6 confirms the need for them to be saved.
verse 7 tells how.
verse 8 again stresses the need.
verse 9 again tells how.
verse 10 again stresses the need.

and ch 2.1 clearly proves he does not believe they have to sin, it defeats the purpose of his message.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
the bible says that if you sin, your salvation or sacrifice is removed.
hebrews 10.26

Well then no one has salvation.

10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Willfully is the operative word here, if we refuse to repent. We can repent, but sometimes move on to other sins, it's just unavoidable.

Upvote 0

Luchnia

Jul 19, 2003
✟1,127.00
All aren't sinners. "Little children sin NOT, but IF you do...." This does not imply, "when you sin."

All HAVED sinned. All do not continue to sin. The children of God serve God and righteousness. The man that sins is perishing to eternal doom. Perfecton and sinlessness, two entirely different things. No such thing as a sinning/saint, for the Spirit of God does not sin and the saint is led by the Spirit. If a man say he sins, then he is making the Spirit liable for sin! This is NOT good :D

The man that sins is the servant of satan and sin and unless he repent and forsake sin, he will perish.

Word up!

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Luchnia said:
All aren't sinners. "Little children sin NOT, but IF you do...." This does not imply, "when you sin."

All HAVED sinned. All do not continue to sin. The children of God serve God and righteousness. The man that sins is perishing to eternal doom. Perfecton and sinlessness, two entirely different things. No such thing as a sinning/saint, for the Spirit of God does not sin and the saint is led by the Spirit. If a man say he sins, then he is making the Spirit liable for sin! This is NOT good :D

The man that sins is the servant of satan and sin and unless he repent and forsake sin, he will perish.

Word up!

Well we know little children don't sin, willfully speaking, of course there has to be some accountability.

"As it is written, 'There is none righteous, no, not one.' "
-(Romans 3:10)

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." -(Romans 3:23)

Though "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23), no one can leave sin by their own power. This is why Jesus said, "Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin." -(John 8:34)

"As by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned." -(Romans 5:12)

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." -(Psalm 51:5)

David was a legitimate child. He is writing here about the moral deficiency with which each person has been born. IOW, we are BORN with a sinful nature, and no one is sinless, at least anyone who is accountable.

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Endure,

This will probably be my last post in this thread (make tha two). Partly because it does not seem like you want to discuss at all because you are too busy pushing your own dogmas to listen; and partly because I do not like your tone. “Sorry your wrong” is not an appropriate phrase to use on a bulletin board, unless you happen to be discussing clear facts (I would except it If I were trying to convince you that a triangle had four sides or 2+2=5). You can disagree, point out weaknesses in an argument (backed up with well reasoned argument), outline an alternative interpretation. But declaring an argument wrong just because it does not conform to your own (or your pastor’s opinion) is not constructive to conducting a discussion on a message board, in fact it is tiring in the primary school playground where it is a more common mode a debate.

Now let us have a look at a master class in taking verses out of context.

John 8

Jn 8:34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

But you did not look at what followed:

Jn 8:35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. Jn 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

This passage does not support “loss of salvation”. Vs 35 implies that we take on or a given son-ship a status that be revoked; it is forever. Once set free you are free indeed; that is permanently.

It is ironic that the Jews to whom this comment was originally directed said that they had never been slaves:

Jn 8:33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

They had forgotten about their time in Egypt and Babylon! This passage is about primarily about discipleship not salvation,

Jn 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Jn 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Romans 6:20

Ro 6:20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

How exactly does this mean that you become unsaved or are not saved?

Ro 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

Paul is reminding the Romans that they have already been set free by Jesus Christ. They could sin, but should not. Just because grace is free and complete does not make sin any less wrong. Therefore they should stop. Also note this warning about the propensity to sin in verse 19:

Ro 6:19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.

Hebrews 10:26:

Heb 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, Heb 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

I do not think that this verse can be taken to mean that salvation is removed. For a start note that the next verse is addressed to “enemies of God” not careless followers. The whole point of Hebrews is to demonstrate how Christ’ sacrifice was perfect and far better than the temple worship of the Jews. They had to repeat the sacrifices over and over again. Jesus sacrifice was perfect, made once and for all and was permanent.

See in Hebrews here:
Heb 9:11 When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. Heb 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. Heb 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.
Heb 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! Heb 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
Heb 9:16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, Heb 9:17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. Heb 9:18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.
Heb 9:19 When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. Heb 9:20 He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”
Heb 9:21 In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. Heb 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Heb 9:23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24 For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. Heb 9:25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.
Heb 9:26 Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. Heb 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, Heb 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him

Emphasis added

Romans 6:

Ro 6:1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? Ro 6:2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
Ro 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? Ro 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
Ro 6:5 If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. Ro 6:6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— Ro 6:7 because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.
Ro 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
Ro 6:9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. Ro 6:10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. Ro 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Ro 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Ro 6:13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. Ro 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Note in verse 6 we have done away with sin through being crucified with Christ. We have died. Vs 8 we have died with Christ therefore we live with him. Does Christ die again? No. Indeed death no longer has mastery over him (vs. 9). If we live in Christ we can not die again because he can not die again. The imperritive not sin is in response to this truth not because our salvation will fail.

1 Peter 4:1
1Pe 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

Again this is about having the same attitude as Christ; it is a response to grace. Our response (if you read on) is to live the rest of our lives doing Gods will. There is no hint of us ever being unsaved. And this verse:

1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Does not fit with sin and go to hell theology either.

1 John 2:10

1Jn 2:9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. 1Jn 2:10 Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble.

This verse does not fit into the point you are making because it is about not hating your brother.

While we are with John you should look here:

1Jn 1:10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. 1Jn 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 1Jn 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus does not let those he has saved go! He defends them. Our sins have been atoned for. All of them.

Hebrews 7:1
Heb 7:1 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,

:confused:

How about:
Heb 7:11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

Why indeed? Perhaps this is why…

Heb 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Heb 7:26 Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Heb 7:27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. Heb 7:28 For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

James 1:4
Jas 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, Jas 1:3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Jas 1:4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

The passage is about trials and persecution, there is nothing in it about losing salvation.

Gallations 5:
Gal 5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

That is true but note:
Gal 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

We could if we wanted to.

Also note:
Gal 5:17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.
The Spirit and the sinful nature are both present, both at war. The passage is therefore a call to arms for the right side which is God’s will.

Gal 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; Gal 5:20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions Gal 5:21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Gal 5:23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Gal 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Gal 5:25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Gal 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Paul contrasts the old sinful nature with what we should be like. What the side sin and the side of God is. We need the Spirit in order to win through, for we are lost on our own. There is also the risk we will get out of step. There is no hint that we will lose our salvation for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part II

You have not abundantly proved anything. I think you have failed to see the apparent meaning that John had clearly laid out Or do you have the special knowledge that gives you the secret formula to interpret scripture? Let me warn you that verges on the Gnostic heresy.

Note well the warning later in Hebrews which warns us…
Heb 10:29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? Heb 10:30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” Heb 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The teaching that you expound denies Christ’s perfect sacrifice. It makes it out to be insufficient. It snubs the Spirit of Grace by making out that you no longer need it because you are depending on your ability not to sin (all be it Spirit enhanced).

Please if I may pass on some advice (OK Humor me it has been a long evening putting together my response). Context is more than collecting a string of verses with a tenuous link to fit ones own ideas. I have challenged most of the points you have made simply looking at the passage in which they were set; the thrust of the book, or paragraph. Chapters and verse are not self contained expositions. If you used most of the book of Job in this way you would be giving out duff advice. Jobs friends made long winded speeches which were then debunked. Chapters and verses are simply a means of reference that was invented during the reformation in order to navigate the text.

It would also help if you would conform to at least a few of the conventions of grammar and spelling to make the points you are making coherent. (I know I am far from perfect in this respect but I try to make use of the spell checker or a word processor.) It would give the appearance that you had a least thought about what you had to say and would give your words far more weight. (You do say something of worth at times).

Just to make my opinion plain and clear so that no one can imply that I think it is okay to do wrong: At no time should we ever sin. Sin is wrong. It is never appropriate for Christians, although it is possible (if not inevitable) for Christians to sin. It is possible not to sin. Sin is always a choice. Unfortunately it is always the choice of mankind. We all do it even (or especially) those who claim they never sin. Even so God is merciful and is willing to forgive because Christ died in our place. Once and for all.

Footnote:
All quotes in the last 2 posts from the NIV.

Upvote 0

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
midge,

you can say what you like, i have done all that you say i have not actually, but yes, you are wrong. but yeah, im tired of the never ending debate too. but one thing i wont do is tip toe around and act like your ok no matter how far off you are, in order to try and be nice to you.

so, goodbye. i think this will probly be my last post here at the forums too. nothing agaisnt you or the forums, just i wont be able to be back anymore.

to everyone who feels to didnt duely confirm my beleif.

i agian give simple proof.

john 8.34
whosoever commiteth sin, is the servant of sin.

romans 8.
...that the body of sin might be destroyed...

Upvote 0

TwoWitnessesUSdotcom

Jul 22, 2003
I'm somewhere in the USA
✟514.00
Faith
Other Religion
Badfish said:
One more thing, do you know anyone human living now who is sinless?
I know one for sure, Yahshua Messiah (whom you call "Jesus"), unless of course you want to say he's not "human" in which case you've denied that he "came in the flesh" which makes you antichrist. If you want to deny that he's "Living today" well, then you've denied the resurrection and you have no atonement.

You might say, yes, well he doesn't count because he was "God."

Ah, therein lies the TRUE error of Christianity, for we are to be "JUST LIKE MESSIAH,"

"I can do all things through Messiah who strengthens me,"

That verse doesn't say,

"I can do all things (except stop sinning) through Messiah who strengthens me."

I get physically ill in the stomach when I see people repeating the lie of the Devil that "YE SHALL SURELY NOT DIE,"

"The soul that sins, it shall die,"

Ezekiel

Shalom

J. Dean

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
oh i want to be free from this.
do you desire to stop sinning? have you stopped sinning?
if you could, would you take it?

No. I only wish I never had any. Knowing what I know now, It's foolish to consider.

No. I will have my sinful nature until I die.

No, that's God's work to do. Jesus has taken care of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TwoWitnessesUSdotcom

Jul 22, 2003
I'm somewhere in the USA
✟514.00
Faith
Other Religion
peaceful soul said:
No. I only wish I never had any. Knowing what I know now, It's foolish to consider.

No. I will have my sinful nature until I die.

No, that's God's work to do. Jesus has taken care of that.
Well, you know, Yahoshua said that we shall be granted the desires of our hearts, and since yours is to keep on sinning until the day you die, you shall surely be granted your request.

There's only one problem, one who desires sin is not in line with God's desires, and is not a follower of Yahoshua Messiah. Check it out, you'll find out it's true.

A gentle warning from a friend.

J. Dean

Upvote 0

Luchnia

Jul 19, 2003
✟1,127.00
Why is it that people think saints are steeped in sin? This should be something that amazes people. The Word of God implies the complete opposite to this concept. Which sin can someone commit that is not yielded to sin and satan?

Isn't it amazing that people claiming to be Christian identify themselves with satan? Wonders never cease!

Word up!

Upvote 0

TwoWitnessesUSdotcom

Jul 22, 2003
I'm somewhere in the USA
✟514.00
Faith
Other Religion
Luchnia said:
Why is it that people think saints are steeped in sin? This should be something that amazes people. The Word of God implies the complete opposite to this concept. Which sin can someone commit that is not yielded to sin and satan?

Isn't it amazing that people claiming to be Christian identify themselves with satan? Wonders never cease!

Word up!
It is indeed a great "mystery" or in point of fact "the mystery of iniquity."

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey, you guys are misunderstanding. Since I already know my condition as a sinner, I can't excape that. I am not a sinner because I sin, rather I sin because I'm a sinner. I am stuck with that until I die. In that context, I don't want to interrupt the plan that God has already set for my deliverence. I am saved and to enter a condition on this earth of not sinning would, void my salvation that I now have and am greatful for. We have not ceased from being sinners just because we has submitted to Christ. We are a work in progress until the day we die. Then we will no longer have that sinful nature hanging over our heads.

But if you want me to play along with your scenario. We would have to: (1) pretend that Jesus didn't die for our sins; so that being able to not sin would be our great hope of escape from sin. (2) due to 1, will our ability to stop sinning still allow us to be saved? You can't assume that because 1 changed that 2 will still hold true.

As saints we are not steeped in sin, but that nature keeps us distant from God. By that understanding we are yet sinners. No matter what we do, we still fall short. It is God's grace, mercy, and love that spares us. You are forgetting that we sin even when we don't realize it. You can't just look at obvious things that your mind and conscience show you. Although I'm saved, God continually shows me the filthiness and unwholesomeness that I have in my life no matter how hard I try to live a holly life. It is this reminder that keeps me humble and seeking God's way all the more.

The saint has a sinless nature because the saint is led by the Spirit and the Spirit does not lead saints to sin.

Word up!

That is true, but we are a work in progress. Sin still is a part of our lives. Remember that we are saints (deemed holy by Jesus) that are being perfected (being made complete in His image) by those that teach His word (apostles, pastors, teachers,....). There's plenty of room for improvement for all of us.

I hope we are now in agreement.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
endure said:
i dont want to debate this, i do not want to go through the hours of proving or disproving anything.

but id like to ask a simple question.
do you want to stop sinning, if there was a way, would you take it?

see i long for that, truely the closer i get to God, the more i hate even the smell or appearance of sin. i cant stand to be around it, becuase i am being transformed in the image of his glory by the holyspirit as the bible says. and i just loath and hate anything to do with sin. and it just doesnt make sense for me that the closer i get to God the more i hate sin, if i really cant stop sinning.
i will never truely be happy, if i am bound to live this life as a life full of what i hate.

oh i want to be free from this.
do you desire to stop sinning? have you stopped sinning?
if you could, would you take it?
I too the closer I get to God the more I hate to sin. Desperately I try to avoid this. I am not perfect and I fear that if I think I am being perfect and commiting no sin then I am sinning in pride. I think the closer I get to God the more I consciencly(sp?) recognize my sins. Before I decided to make a commitment to God I was aware of some things that were offensive to God, but not of others. Before I did not see the harm in cursing. Now I do. Cursing stirs up defensive emotions in others and sometimes aggression. Also, I have a 2 yr. old who is becoming a parrot. I've heard her say the "s" word and I felt sick to my stomach. I look at this from God's POV and now understand why He would be offended hearing His children using such language. I have since modified this behavior, but every once in a while a curse will slip out.
eek.gif

I think every Christian wishes it was easier to abstain from sin. However, this is impossible as long as we are trapped in the flesh. The flesh is immeasureably weak compared to the perfection of God.

Upvote 0