• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I want to run away

I don't know what to do anymore. I think I am losing my faith and losing all hope in my life and everyone around me. I don't know why I have been feeling this way all the sudden. Everything was going so great and suddenly it all turned around. I just feel like running away.... far away and leave this place once and for all. I just feel like dying.

speechless

Dec 30, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
✟253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel the same thing you do at times. I felt like I had no reason to live, no reason to go on with my life. I felt like I had this inexplicable void.. a void so deep I felt like I was suffocating in my own misery. I felt completely hopeless, and I thought I'd stay that way forever. I didn't want to wake up in the morning. I actually counted the hours I was conscious. And counted down the hours until I had to rest. It was horrible! But I got through it, and so will you.
Even in the darkest times, try to have a little faith! I know it's soooo hard. But you have to think positive (and I know how difficult that is, too..). God has a wonderful plan for you and your life. He will take away all your pain. He will carry you through the darkest of times, but first you must let Him inside of your heart.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

At my first defense,
no one came to my support,
but everyone deserted me.
May it not be held against them.
But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength,
so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed
and all the Gentiles might hear it.
And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.
The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack
and will bring me safely to this heavenly kingdom.
To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen." 2 Timothy 4:16-18

"The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end." Isaiah 60:19-20

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalms 16:8

You must experience the bad, to experience the good. You must go through pain and heartache in order to appreciate love and so on. Everyone has this void inside of their heart, a need for something beyond what this world has to offer. Humans are born with a "hard heart" which means they need to develop a relationship with God, it's all about faith. Once you have it, you'll probably have it for a lifetime. I had this void. Actually I didn't want anything to do with God up until two months ago. I recently just pulled myself out of a very evident depression so I know what it's like. Just try to keep the faith and let God do his wonderful magic on you. I guarantee you won't regret it! He loves you so much. Anything is possible when it comes to Him and His love. I will pray for you.

God Bless!

April

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hi GateKeeper,

Don't give up.  It sounds like you are going through a valley right now and when one is in the valley it is very easy to get discouraged.  Just keep holding onto God and He will bring you through.  I don't know what has caused this but God does and He is more than able to help you handle it.

Also, it might not be a bad idea to see a doctor just to make sure that something physical isn't causing this.  And some counseling with your pastor wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Will keep you in prayer.  God bless you.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
*nod*

maybe running away for some air would do good, but eitherway, the problem won't go away and God won't give up on you so easily. Hang in there, we're all praying for you and here to help.

maybe this book will help: "Reaching out to the invisible God" by Philip Yancey. I didn't finish the whole book, but in the few pages that i read, Yancey explained how doubt had strengthened his faith. A shaky faith is a trial, a process that helps him to understand God more, and come to rely on Him more.

Upvote 0