Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Due to a lack of being able to communicate my point of view on these forums--I think I should retire to the free speech haven of Christianity in General again. At least I don't have to hold back on my feelings there, which I find to be a moral issue in itself. Why should I post here? Is it really helpful if I can't be honest or just get misunderstood anyhow?

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Aimee30 said:
Due to a lack of being able to communicate my point of view on these forums--I think I should retire to the free speech haven of Christianity in General again. At least I don't have to hold back on my feelings there, which I find to be a moral issue in itself. Why should I post here? Is it really helpful if I can't be honest or just get misunderstood anyhow?

If you cannot be honest? Then I would have to say no. However I have read several of your posts that I agreed with. Simply because I did not respond please do not think that your thoughts are not appriciated. You will not reach everyone all the time. :wave:

Upvote 0
Aimee30 said:
(To be a hippocratic), I do not believe that people's points of view alone on any given moral or ethical problem alone is enough to be of any implementable standard.

If you feel your skills are not good enough to state what you want to, then do a short communications course (as in one dealing with language) through a trusted or creditable organisation.

If communication skills is really what you are having difficulty with then simply by not going to a forum is not going to solve the issue.

By the way I haven't really read many of your posts to really know how well you communicate your view point, thoughts or ideals.

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The other forum is not on Christian Forums and it emphasizes free speech, much more than this site does.
It was about something I posted on a thread that's been removed and I keep getting told the same thing about what I said, when I was trying to explain why not to put certain beliefs on display for all to see, which would make others automatically think something along the lines of "crackpot". (I'm not trying to continue the debate here, I'm just explaining what made me change my mind about being honest. If I were trying to continue that discussion, I would post exactly what we were talking about--for the mods).
Perhaps my wording at times is too philosophical and dificult for normal people to understand. I probably don't come off right at times.
However, I can't always be honest in other forms either sadly enough. I can't always say what I want to say--mostly due to rules I suppose. I find I have to apply sugar coating to what I want to say at times.
I cringe at the morals of some things happening with Christians in general both here and in the real world. I don't know if I fit the "Lutheran" icon anymore, but that's where I go to church. I however, find myself at odds with at least one of the beliefs of the church about earthly authority being set up by God and don't think my definition of "God has three spiritual beings in one" fits exactly with the God in three persons idea, because it is my belief that they are so combined they are practically one.
I have to look up the Book of Concord to see if I fall short of any other requirements. Then maybe I'll change my icon to "Christian" or something more liberal about these beliefs. I am already changing my life view to liberal as I find myself being more liberal than moderate these days.
I would say I have an ethics crisis with religion as usual. I can't see the morality of going on as I am and wonder what good posting will do at all on Christian Forums.
After my research in Greek to English and Hebrew to English Interlinear bibles, I've also had the problem of believing the scholars who translated the Bible as it seems to have a more biased view in some places that the texts to me do not represent. Like as in some of Paul's texts--authority could also mean "expert." So I could read the passage as, "I permit no woman to be an expert of(on) men." Other details I've discovered have made me wonder about the ethics of believing the "experts" on translation. I wonder if they are biased toward the way original people translated it and are afraid to come out with the other possibilities?
So it's a big ethics crisis for me. I wonder if I can still represent Christianity even. I hope that I can find a Christian icon that represents me.
In the future, I am staying away from trying to help people with any sort of mental crisis here, which is one of the honesty problems I have here. My life experience tells me something different than what is accepted to believe about these things and I would find it against my own morals to represent what I believe any other way.
Expect big changes for my CF character, bio, maybe my user title, and I might change my user name. I might have it changed to represent my more skeptical status. I already go by a name with "skeptic" in it on the other forum.
I will also be limiting my posts. I was getting into a practically very day thing again after my withholding of most posts due to another moral issue I had this year. Perhaps it is best to post few and far? Perhaps less is more?

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As you can see, I've changed my character--no cross visible. It's hard to advocate what it symbolizes right now.
Now on to changing my signature and user title.
From now on, I plan on posting once a week, if I am in the mood. The current thread, excepted of course--as long as it stays open and active that is. I may poke around to see what's up otherwise or private message more again.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aimee-

Although I have never done so, but should have many a time, it is good to take a break from CF....My main reason is not only b/c people make me stark raving mad ;) but b/c staying on CF for hours upon end can take away from your personal time with Jesus.

To think He is up their strumming his fingers waiting for us to go spend some time with Him. He misses us, ya know. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
May I invite you then to the "Recipe Forum" where there is never a debate...unless you prefer real butter to margarine? ;)

Margarine????

UberLutheran swoons...

(Actually, since I've reached the point of being told, "Lose weight -- OR ELSE!" would the folks on the recipe forum have ideas on how to cook to lose weight, but keep all the flavor of the recipes I love?)

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do not be disheartened. You can post here or not, but what power structure exists here is not representative of Christianity at all. This place is to Christianity and other faiths as Pauley Shore movies are to Shakespeare. Step back, enjoy life, and come back or not as you wish. Keep 'em flyin'!

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought I check in on my thread again, since this is the only place on replying for a while.I thought up some more question that bug me.What good is believing in God without believing in a spritual side and why have some beliefs about the spritual nature of God faded? How can I continue to believe in God if there is really nothing miraculous or mystical about believing--as in why do we depend on all types of professionals lawyers, financial advisors, doctors, the president of our country, etc. instead of something good coming from God? I mean God supposedly can use anybody, but I am having problems with the fact I never really witness many fantastic miracles and usually what happens to me is bad instead of good. Man, I want to believe strongly that there is a loving God taking care of me, but so many bad things happen to me. My employers--at both jobs--do the opposite of what makes me happy at work, they cut my hours, they accuse me of things childishly, and one of the jobs actually makes me do work that causes me pain.I'm trying really hard to quit--I actually got one but couldn't keep due to fact my other job makes me do stuff that put me into a doctor's care--pain pills, physical therapy, you name it! They won't even believe it when I tell them the pain is caused by standing so long and not lifting! I mean it makes me sad! I don't know how I can ethically keep believing God's going to get me through this when there is so much to worry about and so much misery in my life. I go to church, I am a hard worker, I donate to the poor, and I would believe it would be morally correct to believe I deserve something better. Why doesn't it get better? Is it morally correct to assume it's demons or evil spirits or should I consider myself crazy? I jump from believing one to ther other.II'm trying to see the ethics or morality in why God would allow my life to be so rotten. I'm trying to see the ethics or morality in why I should keep on going on this site and defending Christianity. I'm trying to see why when I try to speak what I believe the truth I seem to get dumped on. How can I ethically argue on these forums in the very same symbol others represent that are not not so nice?I run into my own logic all the time over this. What on earth did I do now that God doesn't want to help me with? Why aren't all Christians showing the love your neighbor & love your enemy ideaology of Jesus? Why aren't I at least being allowed to financially take care of myself--I don't ask for much, I am just sick of being poor. I can't sort out the logic involved in this and I can't logically determine why Christian love doesn't always seem to equal my interpretation of what love is.Then again, I can't rationalize parts of the Old Testament either and it represents one of the largest moral and ethical problems of being a Christian for me--beside the way some of Paul's works and one of Peter's comments on women are translated. How is killing children loving? How are strict rules without mercy loving? I'm just so confused as to how I can morally represent the faith without being honest about what I feel and not have to cover up certain beliefs just so I can post. It feels so wrong.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of questions you have posed in there, but the overall question I get from all of them is, "Why should I keep believing in God ?"

This is a personal question and can only really be answered with a personal answer, I can give you the reason to why I still believe in the Christ and why I consider myself a Christian. Despite the fact that there are so many who carry the name and are spitefull, hate-filled, disrespectful, irresponsible, etc.

All I will say is that I don't believe the lives of Christians are fully controlled by God, I also believe there is a loss in translation with the bible and that some people seem take their interperatation of the word without considering constructive critisims of how it may not match reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you want me to address? That life gets hard sometimes? I've had my share of tough times in life too, and I've wondered if God has listened to my prayers for relief. Sometimes all it takes is a look at Jesus' life to know that He is there for us and for spiritual revival to come. How would you feel if someone in your tight circle of friends betrayed your life for 30 pieces of silver? With that perspective, it gives me great comfort in my pain, no matter what it is, to know that Jesus is right there beside me when I cry, saying 'I know, I know'. We will be tested, we will be stretched, and we will wonder if we're at the breaking point, but I am a living testament to the fact that Christ will not leave you, nor forsake you. He only leaves if you give up.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Frankly, if one abides by the rules at CF, the reports are for naught anyway. I don't see wherein lies the ethics or morality problem with reporting posts. However, I do see an ethical problem with claiming that "every" post is being reported. That deserves some subtantiation by the accuser, in order to be an ethical charge

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Something else that I see is the amount of people who are Christians who don't live in that love. I know that's it's hard to extend love when we see our own accomplishments or receive pain ourselves, but as for myself I have to ask myself questions about the Christians I've seen lately and even some politcal leader ones and ask myself do they fit into the loving type?
Take for example this quote from a Petra song called "Just Reach Out":
"Everybody's busy looking out for themselves--is there anyone who really cares about anyone else?" I sometimes answer "no" during listening to the song depending on the way I'm feeling.
I think I'll link to two songs of theirs that describe better what I feel Christians should be trying to imitate:
Marks of the Cross:
http://lyrics.crossmap.com/track/petra/wake-up-call/marks-of-the-cross.htm
Love:
http://lyrics.crossmap.com/track/petra/beyond-belief/love.htm
I know I even fall short of this, but my trust is so far gone in people because they don't express this type of love it's hard for me to crawl out of my shell and even approach people.
It also makes it harder to defend Christianity when I see Christians anywhere not expressing this type of love.

Upvote 0