• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I want to hurt myself

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to hurt myself after a long time free. Today is a day when having a disability is really getting to me. I try to believe God had good in mind when I was born so early, but when I’ll need some type of support for the rest of my life and will never be able to live completely independently, I find it really hard to believe that God has good things in mind for me.

About being totally independent I know for a fact my health issues will prevent that. At almost 29 years old I know myself well enough to know what is and isn’t feasible for me.

Due to health issues I’ll never be able to work full time, live completely on myself own, pay my own bills, etc.

Especially when I am around people who don’t have these issues, I feel like an inadequate stick in the mud.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to hurt myself after a long time free. Today is a day when having a disability is really getting to me. I try to believe God had good in mind when I was born so early, but when I’ll need some type of support for the rest of my life and will never be able to live completely independently, I find it really hard to believe that God has good things in mind for me.

About being totally independent I know for a fact my health issues will prevent that. At almost 29 years old I know myself well enough to know what is and isn’t feasible for me.

Due to health issues I’ll never be able to work full time, live completely on myself own, pay my own bills, etc.

Especially when I am around people who don’t have these issues, I feel like an inadequate stick in the mud.
I am so sorry for your situation but let me assure you dear friend, "God doesn't make junk" He made you specifically for His glory and you are very special to Him. You may not be able to work physically but look at the bright side, You can be a prayer warrior for others and help others when they are down.
You really are blessed to be in a particular situation like this if you think about it. God is enabling you with time and the necessities to help others online. I hope you will see the positive in this and give God glory :] Bless You:]

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I’m sorry that ur facing this but let me tell you God doesn’t make mistakes. I look back on my childhood when I got encephalitis at age 7 and I lost all of my memory and to this day I can’t remember anything before my sickness and some things I can’t learn like others and I can’t remember certain things. God made you for a reason and He has a plan for you just like He has a plan for everybody. Please don’t hurt yourself it’s not worth it. If you need someone to talk to I’m here for you

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am about the same. I am 26, but have CP as a result I have issues that will prevent me from ever living completely independently ( for one with my motor skills and balance I am afraid of the stove. I will never drive. As for work I probably COULD but not entry level and if I try and find that I cannot work and lose my benefits ( SSDI now that my dad has passed as opposed to SSI ( a less desirable program frankly. Although I would give anything to have my dad back and be on SSI. I too, have a record of self injury,and have been clean over seven years, so trust me you are NOT alone.

Upvote 0

Deniz

Jun 14, 2018
Istanbul
✟23,462.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
As the Lord says, and as some of His children in this thread echo: "You are fearfully and wonderfully made."

The devil would love it if you believed you were a "mistake" and that God caused the situation that you are in and that Jesus doesn't have a plan for you; but none of it is true. If you were to know the thoughts and the overwhelming love that God personally has for you, all these lies would disintegrate never to return again.

And here is good news of great joy: You can know this love, and you can know His thoughts and His plan for you. All the Lord ever wants is a relationship with His children, and He keeps calling deeper and deeper to reveal His treasures for His beloved sons and daughters. The Bible says there's a time and a place to be born, and here you are. You have a very specific reason to be here, and a very loving and understanding God; who Himself submitted to have his flesh shredded, physically mauled, beaten with fists, pierced through his hands and feet and left to die on a cross. All so you may regain sonship, be restored to your eternal value and spend that eternity in His ineffable goodness after the laughable years on this earth pass.

Don't agree with lies, stay in His word and commune with His Holy Spirit. God loves you very much and yearns to show it to you; give Him the chance.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 2:18
For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

• Winner
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2019
Wichita
✟8,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God loves you and you matter to Him. trust that God will provide, He won't leave you or forsake you, just trust and believe. theres nothing He cant do for you.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you considered what the Lord has done that He heals the sick, the lame, the blind, the mute? Have you considered what the Lord to those who believe Him that they can lay hand on the sick that they recover and lay an anointing oil on the sick in the name of Jesus Christ that they are healed?

Upvote 0