Truro
✟7,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. This may be a long post but I hope someone prayerfully considers my situation. I was saved around 2000 but since then I have been on and off the Christian wagon constantly. The last time I was a card-carrying believer was about 10 years ago. Currently I feel that life is pointless without the love of Christ, but I have been a vocal athiest for many years. I have raised my kids to choose their own faith, but they do not believe. My husband believes but doesn't believe in church. I want to go back to church but I think everyone in my family would think I'm a hypocrite and a fraud. I really think my husband would hate me going back because I tend to go whole heartedly in and I've done that so many times before - I've been through this at least 6 times before.
Can someone please pray for me and see if any biblical passagges spring forth? What should I do? I'm so embarrassed and I know people will really dislike it if I say I feel drawn again. They WILL NOT belive me! The members of the church would probably roll their eyes and think "not her again!". I've lost touch with God's Word and I really want to feel in His arms again.

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi. This may be a long post but I hope someone prayerfully considers my situation. I was saved around 2000 but since then I have been on and off the Christian wagon constantly. The last time I was a card-carrying believer was about 10 years ago. Currently I feel that life is pointless without the love of Christ, but I have been a vocal athiest for many years. I have raised my kids to choose their own faith, but they do not believe. My husband believes but doesn't believe in church. I want to go back to church but I think everyone in my family would think I'm a hypocrite and a fraud. I really think my husband would hate me going back because I tend to go whole heartedly in and I've done that so many times before - I've been through this at least 6 times before.
Can someone please pray for me and see if any biblical passagges spring forth? What should I do? I'm so embarrassed and I know people will really dislike it if I say I feel drawn again. They WILL NOT belive me! The members of the church would probably roll their eyes and think "not her again!". I've lost touch with God's Word and I really want to feel in His arms again.
First of all, Hugs to you my dear. It is a good thing that you seek to do. Your heart is yearning for the only thing (God) who can fill the void you feel.
Don't worry about being judged(which I highly doubt will happen if your church is a bible-teaching one). Find a mature Christian or pastor to speak with about your struggles. Join a fellowship group most importantly and be accountable to them.

The parable of the 'prodigal' son I. Luke 15:11-32 has lessons for us;
1) God gives us our inheritance through Christ Jesus, He calls and justifies us.

2) Some take this gift and plunder it by going back to the old ways of the enemy. They start to 'eat with swine' or the filth of the world until they are hungry again (vs 18) and have no more to eat. The Bible says, the soul that hungers shall be filled. Problem is the lost son thought perhaps, he could return to his father as a hired servant(or slave). He thought he'd lost his sonship.

3) vs 20 says the father saw him from a far and had compassion on him. The moment you determine to return in repentance to your Father God, He welcomes you back with compassion. Hebrews 4:16 says, " Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." You are to go to Him not with fear or doubt but; with free and fearless confidence, with cheerful courage, and assurance that we shall obtain mercy.
Do you have the confidence my friend irrespective of what your fear and thoughts tells you?

4) When the lost son went back to His Father, He wasn't punished for his past mistakes or made to work for his right to the father. Vs 22 shows that the the best robe was put on the son just as we are clothed with Christ, He is the garment (Romans 13:14a). Therefore, we should make no room for the flesh. He was given a ring (which is a sign of a covenant) and sandals placed on his feet(feet signify the walk of salvation). The Father dined with his found son and God will dine with you once you return to Him. Feed on His Word. Workout your salvation with fear and trembling. Stay in the faith and you shall be saved.

Remember;
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭

Welcome back sister!

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The way to become a Christian is the same you can came come back, and that is through the gospel.

Jesus paid the penalty that our sin deserves under the law of God, by suffering under the righteous wrath of God in our place on the cross. He rose again, and is seated at the right hand of God. If you rest your faith in him alone, he will forgive you on account of what he did on your behalf before God. We read that he will even credit his perfect righteousness to your account, that you may be seen as righteous on the merit and basis and outcome of his perfect obedience in his life and death. You must turn from your sin, this means changing the way you want to live your life and from trusting in your own goodness to get you right with God, and place your faith and trust in the perfect person and finished work of Jesus Christ.

Feel free to message me on here if you want to talk, or you can ask questions on this thread.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If God is calling you what matter is it what people think ? Indeed there could be separation or distancing of them from you but we are talking about The All Mighty God, Creator of heaven and earth, All Powerful, Mighty God. And you need to come to terms with who is first in your life. It's time to ask Him in. People will always be people but you can't continue waffling with God. Get yourself right with Him first, put Him in charge of your life and let the others follow, if they will.

Proverbs 3:6 English Standard Version (ESV)
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you. You shouldn’t worry what anyone else thinks. No one is perfect and they should really focus on their own spiritual issues rather than yours.
If you think your husband will not be favourable towards it, maybe let him see that you’re reading the bible and praying again rather than springing straight down to church on him? Talk to him?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The right body of believers can do very much to strengthen our faith. It is worth finding one. But also it's possible to get caught up in the church itself rather than the Lord. Maybe start where you are, whether you can find a good church or not at the moment. Start with regular prayer - actually, "without ceasing" prayer. Add daily Bible reading and study for the explicit purpose of meeting with the Lord and finding what He has for you. Avoid the Bible tangents many easily get fixated on, and let the Lord minister His truth and grace to you where it matters.

Father God definitely will take back the sincere repentant. And he who is forgiven much loves much. Faith works through love, so you have the opportunity to turn this around to great advantage in God (see God's promise at Rom 8.28). Stay the course. Maybe give Philippians 3, about leaving the past behind and pressing forward, a read. Basically, keep yourself in the love of God and keep looking for His counsel and guidance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The verse that gets repeated every Lent springs to mind; it's from Joel 2:

“Yet even now,” says the Lord,
“return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
13 and rend your hearts and not your garments.”
Return to the Lord, your God,
for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love,
and repents of evil.
14 Who knows whether he will not turn and repent,
and leave a blessing behind him,
a cereal offering and a drink offering
for the Lord, your God?"

May the Lord bless you, and guide your priorities to where they need to be!

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The members of the church would probably roll their eyes and think "not her again!". I've lost touch with God's Word and I really want to feel in His arms again.

So go to a different church.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
he members of the church would probably roll their eyes and think "not her again!". I've lost touch with God's Word and I really want to feel in His arms again.

Well if some did keep in mind it may only be some. Don't be quick to think that's what every member of a congregation feels and if your pastor is of sound mind he won't have that attitude. If even he did than find another church right away don't let it discourage you. Even have a brief meeting with a Pastor and tell him..."Looked I've messed up numbers of times before but the Lord has restored me and would like to come back to church. Would you receive me without judgment?"

He might look at you kind of funny and say, "Well of course, of course! This place is a spiritual hospital to help ones become strong that's what we're all about!"

So if there were condescending members of a church again remember it may only be some and keep your focus on the leadership who wants to help you. And keep in mind that if a few are condescending than just know you need to pray for those dear people. Such ones would be possessing a Pharisaical type of spirit when they're not perfect themselves....the condescending attitude in and of itself would be an imperfection.

Upvote 0