• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i want to buy drugs

basilbear76

May 25, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
✟9,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
i want to buy drugs and drink
me and my husband fighting about it
i just want to be off my head
NA can help with the drugs.

I don't know if you're an alcoholic, but AA will help with that if you are.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i was in AA for a while but stopped going i have mental health issues i cant cope with things i also dont want to eat or look after myself i am heading for a meltdown

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is it that you don’t want to face? That’s usually the case for leaving the mind behind.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i was in AA for a while but stopped going i have mental health issues i cant cope with things i also dont want to eat or look after myself i am heading for a meltdown
Did you ever get a sponsor in AA? Is there someone local to you that you can call for support? Are you being treated for your mental health issues?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thanks am not buying them not said i am am in recovery
am sliping am asking for help not for people to have a go at me you sound less christian you have no love in your heart

Lily, if you can, listen to the Psalms. They have often helped me when I’ve been LOW. Also, if you have internet look up NIGHTSOUNDS with Bill Pearce. Very comforting 30 minute programs, often on things like you are dealing with. The music is sometimes old fashioned but it grows on you.

Will pray for you

• Agree
Reactions: Robin Mauro
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My answer would be - is it worth the trouble? Really worth it? It may be easy for you to get that drink, but I can guarantee you that it may be very difficult, perhaps even impossible, to repair the damage that has been done.

Damage to your health and finances, devastation to the ones you love, perhaps even a criminal record - is this what you really want?

But it is your choice, and no-one else can make it for you.

My suggestion is that you go back to AA and find yourself a sponsor, or alternatively speak to a counsellor or attend a support group that can help you with your sobriety.

Your last drink can be your last. If you are feeling resentment, fear or anger - pick up the phone and talk to someone. Don't pick up that first drink - it will never solve any of your problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I said a prayer for you OP.

Making The Sign Of The Cross (Orthodox Videos)

We should Make The Sign Of The Cross:

1. Both upon entering the House of God and upon leaving it.
2. Every time the words, "The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit," are mentioned.
3. When we hear or say the Trisagion, "Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us" (Agios o Theos...").
4. When we hear the name of the All-Holy Mother of God (Theotokos), the Ever-Virgin Mary and the names of the Saints
5. Before and after receiving the Mysterion (Sacrament) of Holy Communion
6. At the end of the recitation of the Creed (Symbol of faith) and the Lord's Prayer.
7. After the reading of the Holy Gospel Lesson
8. When we venerate (kiss) a holy icon, a cross or the Evaggelion (Holy Gospel Book)
9. Before and following our daily prayers (evening, morning, etc.
10. Before and after each meal.
11. When passing by an Orthodox church.
12. Before we leave or drive away from our home or work.
13. Generally before we travel anywhere. When We Are Tempted From Demons During The Day Or At Sleep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i HAVE NO DRUGS AM THINKING ABOUT IV BEEN SOBER FOR YEARS

If you've been sober for years, then going back to drugs now will only make it much harder to become sober again. You've come way too far to go back now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thank you all am listening to Psalms on youtube am calmer now am going to an aa meeting tomorrow morning its 8.09 pm here they dont have aa 24 hours here

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
am nearly a year on 31st of october i drank then i have an addictive personality before octmber i was 4 years sober
Well done on your 4 years. You've succeeded before and you can succeed again. Remember it's one day at a time. If you can get to your bed tonight without taking a drink, then you've taken the single most important step in staying sober.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0