✟34,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everybody,

I come from Hispanic parents and was raised to believe in God since birth. My parents were not bible readers and basically raised me with the believe that as long as you are not hurting anybody you are going to heaven. When I turned 16 I started skimming over the bible and was shocked at what I read. I guess you can say I was informed in how God views us on this earth. I got angry and turned atheist from that point until now which i am 23. I have since learned that if God exists, our way of thinking is not the same as his. I want to believe in God but honestly some of the things in the bible I find stupid and hard to believe. I also believe that coincidences do happen and people try to attribute that to God when honestly it could just be a coincidence. I also question everything and feel that some Christians may exaggerate or change some of thier experiences in order to gain more followers to thier religion. Also since Edam and Eve were both Jewish, then were did the Asian/African American/hispanic people come from? Didn't scientist dicover that the human race come from two different species (homosaphiens/Neanderthals)

What if there is no God and we are just by ourselfs on this living planet in the middle of nowhere and are just lucky to have life in it oppose to other planets.

Thank You

Jason Perkins

Oct 26, 2017
QLD
✟8,134.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Christ sets people free from sin friend. If you want to trade in your sins such as hatred, bitterness, drug-addictions, perversions, greed and lust and have them replaced with peace, patience, love, joy, kindness, meekness and self-control, you can access this exchange through repentance to Jesus Christ. He cleanses people of sin. But it is a package deal. You cannot just be set free from some sin. You need to let him take all of it.

The Bible talks about being set free from sin in John 8;34-36. It is a good deal. I had a hard life before Jesus.

Watch some Jesus testimonies if you want to see what Jesus has helped people with and keep reading the Bible.

As for the talking snake in genesis, I think it was telepathic communication. And the talking donkey is not that far-fetched when you consider the idea that God created the universe. If it was a book of lies why would they talk about something as unbelievable as a talking donkey. Lies are made to be believable. Personally, I do not care if there was no talking donkey, I know that Jesus sets people free from sin because he helps me every day.

Beware religious people. Not all of them have been set free from sin. Some of them are ravenous wolves (Matt 7;15). It is not about religion, it is about Jesus.

Upvote 0

Rupert Walsh

Oct 25, 2017
Portsmouth
✟15,874.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there! I know this isn't answering all your questions, but something that helped me deal with the Old Testament stuff was when I realised the Old Testament reveals to us how impossible it is for people to be reconciled to God through their own actions - but the New Testament is, like in a good movie, the turning point, the bit where God reveals the key, where we go "Oh! That's incredible! How did I not see that!!" By the end of the OT, we are thinking "We are in so much trouble and it's hopeless" - and it was at THAT point, when we are convinced there is no way for us to save ourselves, that God reveals the punchline: "YOU can't - but I can!!"

It's mind-blowing really. We start off with God appearing to be out to crush us all into the dirt - and suddenly it transpires that he actually crushes himself instead, and we walk free!

All that hatred we thought was towards us - it all goes on himself in Jesus.

Now THAT is a serious love story.

I hope that helps with one of your questions. I invite you to explore your many other questions in other parts of the forum :)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well the thing about the bible is it is what God decided we need to know, He never said it is all there is to know. But it is what we need as a guide through life and that life becomes acceptable in His eyes.

With that said, nobody is getting to heaven just because they didn't hurt someone else and that includes your parents. So you can take that off the table . Not only that but you can not get through life without hurting someone anyway. I don't mean this as something to throw in your face but just as an example you probably already hurt your mom and dad when you turned away from God. And what of Jesus Christ ? He came to earth as a man, you hurt Him too when you turned from God. Suppose you get invited to two parties, you can only attend one, the one left out gets hurt. You just hurt someone. And this is the case for all sin, you can not cover all the bases of sin. This is why Jesus was sent here, to die for our sins that we can not cover. It is through Him that we are saved eternally.

But here is the good news in this, I bet you have a tiny bit of faith and tons and tons of doubt. Here is a suggestion. Tell Jesus what you told us, with that tiny bit of faith, just that spec that I think you have, ask Him to lead you. Believe me He is up to the challenge. I think He is calling on you, answer the call just as you are.

Reactions: GUK
Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 6-44

42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that he says, I descended from heaven? 43.Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44.No one can come to me unless the Father who has sent me draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day.

John 14:5-721st Century King James Version (KJ21)

5 Thomas said unto Him, “Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said unto him, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also; and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.”

God is drawing you. Christianity is not a relegion,it
is a relayionship.I remenber the day The Spirit of God started to draw me over 30 years ago.

Revelation 3:20King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus is talking here about your heart.

Just talk to him and say, If God and Jesus is real come into my heart. "oh happy day."

Adam and Eve where not Jewish.What we call Jew first appeared
in 2 Kings16-6.
The word Jew developed as a shortening of the word Judah.
Another thing to note is that the Jews are not a race.
They are a blood line start with Abram.Later on in Abram walk with God, God Changed his name to Abraham.

Genesis 11 27&28 King James Version

27 Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.

28 And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings and welcome to CF, @DoubleJ23 :). May you find good fellowship and godly encouragement here.

I have since learned that if God exists, our way of thinking is not the same as his.
You are right! Check out Isaiah 55:8.

I want to believe in God but honestly some of the things in the bible I find stupid and hard to believe.
Right, again! Read 1 Corinthians 2:14

Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

May God bless you and direct you in your search for Him.

Reactions: GUK
Upvote 0