New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. First, we do not know the ultimate destiny of every person's soul. A person can repent and accept Jesus on their death bed. Second, loving the loveless actually frees you from not hating them. Three, if they are damned, they are deserving of such judgment for their choice in rejecting Christ (GOD). Four, I do not believe in eternal torment, but I believe that the Lake of Fire is a place where the wicked will be temporally punished according to their sins and then they will be annihiated both body and soul (after justice is served). They will be erased from existence. Jesus says we are to fear the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell (i.e. Gehenna or the Lake of Fire) (Matthew 10:28).

Of course they can repent but the odds are very very small. Of course you shouldn't hate but I still think it is better to purge oneself of all emotion like it is a disease.

You can never be sure if someone is a child of god or a worthless hunk of meat. If we want to be honest here those who reject God end up being worthless nothings and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. So it is better to invest absolutely nothing into them. Be kind to them, take care of them,...but feel nothing. I'm totally cold even to the very innocent because I never know how they will turn out.

Just imagine your wife and children being tossed into the burning pit. Yea...sometimes I'm glad that i have nobody in my life. Sure they could be saved but it is very unlikely.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course they can repent but the odds are very very small.

Again, not a problem. If they are on the path of destruction, that is their choice. But like any person who cares and loves people, we should still warn them that the bridge is out up ahead. We still have to do our part and show that we love GOD and other people (No matter what choice they make).

You said:
Of course you shouldn't hate but I still think it is better to purge oneself of all emotion like it is a disease.

I used to think that way. Good thing Jesus changed my heart to think otherwise. Good emotions are a part of having the fruits of the Spirit. Love, joy, peace, etc. We are told to love, and pray, and do good towards our enemies by Jesus. So what you say is contrary to Scripture, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

You said:
You can never be sure if someone is a child of god or a worthless hunk of meat.

Our love towards others is never worthless. When Stephen was being stoned by his accusers he desired that GOD did not hold their evil against him. Stephen could have thought they were all worthless hunks of meat, but he didn't. He loved them until the very end. If a person perishes, that is their decision. All things work together for good to those who love GOD. You cannot see GOD's master plan for good in your life if you seek to follow His Word and love all people. Understanding GOD's love and His fair justice sets you free from thinking the way you do.

You said:
If we want to be honest here those who reject God end up being worthless nothings and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. So it is better to invest absolutely nothing into them. Be kind to them, take care of them,...but feel nothing. I'm totally cold even to the very innocent because I never know how they will turn out.

This is the wrong way to think. If God told me to love a tree that was going to be destroyed and be no more, I would have no problem loving that tree while it was alive. Remember, Jonah? He had compassion on the goard but not the Ninevites.

You said:
Just imagine your wife and children being tossed into the burning pit. Yea...sometimes I'm glad that i have nobody in my life. Sure they could be saved but it is very unlikely.

It seems to me like you feel like this kind of punishment is unfair or unjust and that is why you are so upset about it whereby you are desiring to turn off your emotions and be like a Vulcan. People are hurting GOD, other people, themselves when they sin. They are deserving of punishment if they do evil. You have to accept that. If they want to repent, they have a chance to turn things around and be with Jesus.

It seems like you are focusing on the glass being half empty instead of it being half full. There are people who are going to make it and be saved. Focus on the good and not any thing that you consider to be bad. However, what you are failing to realize is that there is no bad thing; For God's justice is fair and good. People who sin and reject Jesus are deserving of their fate. We can only love them and desire that they repent. If they don't we move on and focus on the good Kingdom of GOD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is no guaranteed ticket to heaven or hell. The non Christian is at a disadvantage but their conscience & heart will still be examined by the Lord ( Romans 2) and He will determine those who were truly good or not ( John 5:22-30 ).

Those of us who are Christians should take note of warnings the Lord gives us ( Matthew 25:1-13,
Romans 11:22-23 etc. ).

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If someone is asking questions about Christ and sincerely wants to know him then they did not reject God.

If absolute certainty is required for salvation then pretty much nobody is getting into heaven!

Absolute certainty is not a requirement, it is an outcome.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Friend of mine is 18 years old. Not from a Christian home. Good kid, but his life has been difficult with low paying job, no education, etc....

He has said to me several times, that he really wants to learn more about Christ, but he is having a hard time because it all "sounds so fake". I have asked him to join me at church, but he is too skeptical.

I have been praying for him. What is the best response to "I want to believe, but it all sounds so fake."?

That it only sounds so fake because your friend has realized how much "fake" is in the world all around him. Because people that God is calling to love Him have been taught in their hearts to seek Him, and he can trust what the Bible says because it was written by people just like him, AFTER they found God.

Upvote 0