I want to be saved but have blasphemed the holy ghost

hobblehonker

Nov 19, 2011
✟7,629.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
After many weeks of trying to pray, trying to call upon the name of the Lord, I simpy give up. He is not hearing my prayers or answering, there is no presence of God, no feeling no anything, just cold emotionlessness. I have no doubt God is real due to his work in the life of others but for me, he is not there.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After many weeks of trying to pray, trying to call upon the name of the Lord, I simpy give up. He is not hearing my prayers or answering, there is no presence of God, no feeling no anything, just cold emotionlessness. I have no doubt God is real due to his work in the life of others but for me, he is not there.

Do not mistake absence of feeling as absense of God. I have made this mistake and it led to years of misery and confusion... God hears you. He forgives you. Above all, He loves you.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I want to be saved very badly but have took part in the "blasphemy challenge" in the past to win a free atheist dvd but now I a have started to see that God is real and the truth of creation and am terrified, how can I get saved is there any way if I committed the sin Jesus calls unpardonable. What is the point in living if I will just burn forever in hell no matter what I do....
The unpardonable sin is the willful rejection of God. It's unpardonable only because you don't want to be pardoned. That's the whole point.

But since you now obviously wish you hadn't done it and want to be pardoned, you can relax. Just ask his forgiveness.

Naah, don't let your subjective feelings fool you. Some of the greatest saints have gone for long periods without having any feeling of the presence of God at all; it's an unpleasant part of growing in the Lord but it certainly doesn't mean he's not with you. Just keep doing what 's right, don't give up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindfulness

Fear the Reaper - He's comin' for You.
Feb 5, 2012
Hell, seventh level
✟1,114.00
Faith
Calvinist
According to Scripture, blasphemy against the Holy Ghost will never be forgiven. You cannot be saved if you have blasphemed the Holy Ghost. Moreover, if you are not of the elect God chose before the beginning of the world, you cannot be saved. It doesn't make life meaningless, it just means when you die you're in trouble. Enjoy life while you can and savor it while you have it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums