• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I want out...

dove5683

Oct 28, 2010
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never posted on here or any other place like this before. So it is kinda awkward. I have no one to talk to in my life and I am at the end and just don't know what to do anymore. God is the only one I do talk to and I know he listens but I feel like I'm just not worth the time anymore. In the real world I am the strong one that everyone thinks has it together. I just can't keep pretending while I'm falling apart inside. I have thought about ending it many times. But for my kids I've stayed. But it keeps getting harder and harder.

thank you for listening

loved33

Dec 27, 2008
✟10,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello Dove
Welcome , you are so welcome, sweet dove.
I hear you .
I identify with what you share about coping on teh outside but feeing so different inside.

I have that too.

Its almost as if its normal or natural to cope and not feel and keep it in.

I have been going to a codependents annonymous to recover from that very pattern and to start living out of my real feelings.

im very much at teh beginning with it

what sort of things are you struggling with and need to talk through?

if you're not comfortable please don't feel you must share tho.

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dove, please do not kill anyone. Just as you would not kill others, don't kill yourself. Don't kill, period. If you are God's, you are His property, not your own.

If it is hard to pretend to be strong, then stop. :) You don't have to be fake for anyone. Let go of that image and you will probably feel better.

Peace

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dove,

you are worth listening too, and this is a great place to find people who are caring and will listen.

Do you have any support system in person? There's a list of hotlines - http://www.christianforums.com/t4468295/ if you need to talk to someone in person when you're feeling so very down.

I'm glad you've posted.

Kristen

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never posted on here or any other place like this before. So it is kinda awkward. I have no one to talk to in my life and I am at the end and just don't know what to do anymore. God is the only one I do talk to and I know he listens but I feel like I'm just not worth the time anymore. In the real world I am the strong one that everyone thinks has it together. I just can't keep pretending while I'm falling apart inside. I have thought about ending it many times. But for my kids I've stayed. But it keeps getting harder and harder.

thank you for listening

Zecheriah 7:8-10

And the word of the LORD came again to Zechariah: "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'

Down In The Pit?

Beloved when your depression must rule as king
Keep you eyes peeled on The Truth of God's Love
Lies' despairing misery making those wicked cling
yet faith in Christ's loving truth rescues from above.

Awaiting Jesus in your darkest hour so sore and low.
Fighting of those ugly feelings and thoughts pounding
In The pit God's loving truth in faith will now surely grow
God's Kingdom Come - no misery Good Life hounding.

Dear hurting sister

Greetings and peace from Jesus our Lord.

It is horrible to hear how the The Wicked tempt you by making you no worthy apart of dead - even pressing the point. However it is good to know you know you belong and haven't followed such thinking up yet - for you know you belong to Jesus in body and Soul, for He bought us all with His precious blood - you as well.

Misery be-sails us when lies within our own hearts and minds rule us with it. The Bible calls those who rule us with lies The Wicked - they rob our Good Life and bring us Bad Life.

To run away from The Old and seek New in Jesus is the job ahead of all of us. Jesus is greatest setting us free from misery even when depression stay as it has been fro me so far - for my illness is deemed to be basically untreatable with prescription medications. Yet Christ has worked wonders fro me.

The best is to EAT the Bible - that is read it ONLY EVER to yourself in the Spirit of love for God/The Truth, yourself and your neighbour. This is how Jesus grows in us by farming love in our hearts.

Let go of all that huinders you loving true - like any kind of demand you must do this or that, God's LOVE doesn't DEMAND in that way but in this Way.

Here I'm Lord I have Come to do Your Will! When you hear His Voice - give praise and grow in Him till Heaven's Clouds Reveal Him before your astonished eyes.

In other Words Jesus is awesome as The Living Word within us. His Spirit of Truth to rule our every moment - such brings True Peace and True Rest! No matter how hard you are running away from the monster hurting you in your old life. (Matt 24) Rest assured and be assured - Jesus knows His and He loves you no matter how bad you have turned out to become - as long as you repent ands Seek in His Will to be. (Ezekiel 18)

Be encouraged dear struggler Jesus is The Way, The Life And The Life!

Peace

(My witness of Jesus as well)

YouTube - sons of korah, psalm 40, songs of redemption

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you are in so much pain. If you ever need to talk about it, I hope you will come on here and speak to us. Many of us are going through the same thing - or have gone through it already - so we understand. Hang in there. Don't lose hope and know that no matter what happens, all will be alright when you hold on to the Lord. God bless you. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Dove.:hug:
You will find a lot of supportive people here who understand how you feel, and will be here for you.
I'm sorry things are so hard, and you feel so desperate. God is still there, sweetie, in the darkest places, and He will lead you through it one step at a time :hug:
Here if you need an ear, sweetie - and praying for you .

Upvote 0