I want a wedding blessed by God, but he doesn't agree.

Coti

May 19, 2016
NYC
✟15,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a little confused regading the future of my relationship. I am 32 and have been together with my boyfriend for 3 years and he is great and shows so much love for me and my 10 year old son. He is 34.

My son is from a previous marriage and he asked my BF if we could live with him. I agreed and moved 8 months ago even tho I always believed that living together was only after marriage, due to my cristian religion.

We have talked about marriage but he has the idea of «why rush if we are good like this?» I think we are good, but I NEED a marrige blessed by God. I dont really care for the legal paper or a big party, but he doesn't undertand how important it is to me, and a real family needs that blessing.

I really love him and my son does too. For me is not a reason to break up because I believe he is the best man, made specially for me, and my parents love him as well.

At this point I only can think that it will happen one day, but still is sad for me.
I would love some advise on this and how to cope with waiting for the proposal of a new family.

Reactions: EmmaCat

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a little confused regading the future of my relationship. I am 32 and have been together with my boyfriend for 3 years and he is great and shows so much love for me and my 10 year old son. He is 34.

My son is from a previous marriage and he asked my BF if we could live with him. I agreed and moved 8 months ago even tho I always believed that living together was only after marriage, due to my cristian religion.

We have talked about marriage but he has the idea of «why rush if we are good like this?» I think we are good, but I NEED a marrige blessed by God. I dont really care for the legal paper or a big party, but he doesn't undertand how important it is to me, and a real family needs that blessing.

I really love him and my son does too. For me is not a reason to break up because I believe he is the best man, made specially for me, and my parents love him as well.

At this point I only can think that it will happen one day, but still is sad for me.
I would love some advise on this and how to cope with waiting for the proposal of a new family.

Hi!

I'm so sorry it took me too long to see this. Has anything changed since you spoke to us about this?

If not, can you try to explain how important this is to you? Can you get him to a place where his mind is open enough to understand that this is what Christians prefer to do with relationships?

There actually is the legal aspect. If you work and your job has benefits, it may have a life insurance benefit. Mine has a $25,000 life insurance policy and doesn't recognize partners, only legally married ones and family members. Right now, if I get hit by a train, that $25,000 goes to my mother, with the understanding that she'll split it with my sister and my niece. But when I get married, that $25,000 will go to my husband. That's a good reason for marriage -- if nothing else works. Also, if there's property involved, it's important to be married. Can you try that?

I hope something positive has changed since you posted. Let us know.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0