• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I used to believe a lot

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ocd came and started making me to pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God.

A lot of coincidences happened like:

1) having random thoughts about a certain sound that will happen and many times the sound happened. for example, I would get thoughts like "I hope I won't hear a dog, or a door or a car alarm" and I would hear one of them and sometimes two of the sounds in a row.

2) I was watching a video from a tv series. I read the comments and there was a quote from a character. I remember, but I could be wrong, that I had an old coincidence with that quote. Some seconds, later I clicked the video bar randomly and it was the second of the quote. the quote was almost 2-3 seconds and the video was 45 minutes. what were the chances for that quote? also, I tried with my will to do it again but I could not do it.

3) words and stuff in internet that would remind my ocd.

4) I made a thought like "what if I see people touching that part of the face" and a car passed and the woman was touching that part of the face.

ocd is suggesting me to avoid certain things like:

1) wash my jacket.
ocd: thoughts without your will happened and maybe there was a promise and it was maybe valid.

2) watch Asian movies
ocd: due to frustration you made thoughts without your will in 1-2 seconds. maybe they are valid.

3) buy from a certain store
ocd: due to being tired, thoughts without your will happened but you felt relieved that you were going to do what you wanted to do and at the same time obey the compulsion. maybe the thoughts without your will are valid.

Jesus is disappointed in me. can you pray for me?

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely will pray for you brother. When I think of disappointing God, I quickly realize He knows how we are. Jesus came because we are sinners, because we disappoint God, our neighbor and even ourselves. It becomes about how Gracious He is for us, in our weakness. God will not use your OCD against you, He knows everything about it and you too.

Upvote 0

JakeyB123

Jul 10, 2018
bakersfield
✟12,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) having random thoughts about a certain sound that will happen and many times the sound happened. for example, I would get thoughts like "I hope I won't hear a dog, or a door or a car alarm" and I would hear one of them and sometimes two of the sounds in a row.
Fiery darts from the adversary. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. - Ephesians 6:16, these are darts to make certain thoughts pop into your head.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ocd came and started making me to pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God.

2) I was watching a video from a tv series. I read the comments and there was a quote from a character. I remember, but I could be wrong, that I had an old coincidence with that quote. Some seconds, later I clicked the video bar randomly and it was the second of the quote. the quote was almost 2-3 seconds and the video was 45 minutes. what were the chances for that quote? also, I tried with my will to do it again but I could not do it.

4) I made a thought like "what if I see people touching that part of the face" and a car passed and the woman was touching that part of the face.

1) wash my jacket.
ocd: thoughts without your will happened and maybe there was a promise and it was maybe valid.

2) watch Asian movies
ocd: due to frustration you made thoughts without your will in 1-2 seconds. maybe they are valid.

ocd: due to being tired, thoughts without your will happened but you felt relieved that you were going to do what you wanted to do and at the same time obey the compulsion. maybe the thoughts without your will are valid.

So what do these coincidences do for you? How do you benefit from them?

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

1) wash my jacket.

2) watch Asian movies

You can't disappoint Jesus because you can't surprise Him.

But I don't think He's pleased with your praying to what you call a "generic god" who is nothing more or less than Satan.

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've gotten so many answers in your posts. I don't believe you have ever answered the question whether or not you are in treatment. There is only one God. Anything else is a false god. Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and Yahweh are who you should direct your prayers to. You have many here praying for you. I will keep you in my prayers. I pray for clarity of your thoughts and peace in your soul. I feel much love toward you @Kostilaks

Upvote 0