• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I totally destroyed my inappropriate content addiction.

Jul 19, 2019
Shumen
✟10,272.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had inappropriate content addiction for my entire 11-15 yr of age period. For two years I have not seen or looked at inappropriate content. The thing I did now is super risky and slippery. To redeem my success I needed to finish the final step. Look at inappropriate content and see nothing other than disgusting thing that I have zero interest in watching it. It was risky choice but I needed to be sure I cured myself fully, because I thought If I look at it I will go back to my old habits. Guess what... I am disgusted by this whole thing, I’ll never go back and now I free the freedom of this. Freedom of overcoming my addiction. Thank you all brothers and sisters who give information about how dangerous is inappropriate content.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Glory to God brother! It has been helpful to ask God to keep me from looking and to stay dedicated from looking at inappropriate content here in my life too. It is the same thing with my drug addiction. God has held me back from even thinking about it anymore the more closer we get to the Lord Jesus Christ, and God our Father and have a relationship with them through prayer, and worshiping spirit and in truth! (We are nearer to God, rather than further away from him now!) All of the worldly things start to break apart the lust of the eyes, the pride of life and the lust of the flesh.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had inappropriate content addiction for my entire 11-15 yr of age period. For two years I have not seen or looked at inappropriate content. The thing I did now is super risky and slippery. To redeem my success I needed to finish the final step. Look at inappropriate content and see nothing other than disgusting thing that I have zero interest in watching it. It was risky choice but I needed to be sure I cured myself fully, because I thought If I look at it I will go back to my old habits. Guess what... I am disgusted by this whole thing, I’ll never go back and now I free the freedom of this. Freedom of overcoming my addiction. Thank you all brothers and sisters who give information about how dangerous is inappropriate content.
Dear one,
I am delighted to hear that you are freed from inappropriate content addiction.

Dear one,
Keep following the sound that you have heard from the Lord and His holy apostles. Yes, keep that good things that was committed to you.

Dear one,
This thing I have kept close to my heart that I have heard:

Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness,
but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. -Romans 6:13 ESV

So dear one,
Every day I keep myself in mind that I present or offer myself to God and present my members of my body to God as instruments for righteousness. For daily I trust God that I am constantly being renewed in His strength in keeping with His words.

So by the grace that is in Christ, I am strengthened.

May you always be strengthened in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. God bless you. Keep up the good work.

• Friendly
Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

Pekka

Aug 14, 2022
Finland
✟13,526.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have a package solution for getting rid of inappropriate content addiction but one thing I can say is that giving up everything to God is vital. Give your life, your heart, hands, legs, mouth, all your belongings, work, family, all to God. God must be number one and He has to have your permission to be in control of everything.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0