I took a chance

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I tell people I hear from the Lord Jesus Christ a lot of people want to know how do I know it is Him.

Well - I have lots of reason to believe it is Him now, but still a person, even me, could asked how do I know it is Him. You don't really. In fact, if I did actually know it was Him then would I be living by faith? No, I would know it is Him and not believe it is Him. And since He had it written that a man must live by faith, then faith or belief must have to be involved or God is a liar.

So it is that He came into my life and I took a chance that it was indeed Him.

The first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and they came across very clearly and powerfully. Never-the-less, I could still ask then "How do I know it is Him". Oh- that might seem an easy conclusion to assume it was Him then, but by reading we also find that Satan quotes Scriptures. Still, I took a chance and believed it was Him, and read my Bible.

Then one day I was driving down the freeway and decided to test to see if I could ask Jesus Christ a simply question about which lane to be in and consider what thought came to me to see if He talked to me via thoughts, because I thought that He could understand my thought and prayers even if I made them only inside me. That test resulted in be hearing Him tell me to get in the right lane when I clearly wanted to be in the left lane, and it turned out the left lane would have been a mistake and the right lane was clearly the right thing to do. Still, I could have asked 'how do I know it was Him." Maybe the devil was setting me up.

Now I continued to seek Him, listen and hear inside me. The things I deal with are not usually so clear as those first two things I mentioned. Honestly, sometimes I ask the Lord Jesus Christ, hear a response, do it, and I really never do have proof that it was Him. Other times the results we so incredible fantastic that any logical conclusion would be that it had to be Him. Still, at the time of asking and then doing I always could have the question 'How do I know it is Him?"

I can and often do test the Spirits (1 Jn 4:1-3) and that has been interesting. Still, even if you hear a spirit confess that 'Jesus Christ has come in the flesh', how do you know it is Him? Indeed, after explaining this at a Bible study I was attending, someone asked 'Could the devil just tell you that to deceive you?' Maybe he could, but it is written to test the spirits that way, so I took a chance.

I have been taking a chance for twenty years now. I seek Him, listen, and respond. And so I look back at what has happened to determine if I was correct to take a change in Him. And I want to be honest on this. Was it worth it???

HUMMM???

I don't absolutely know. It didn't make me rich in worldly terms; that's for sure. I have a little double wide mobile home that I live in, which certainly doesn't make be rich. I have my own little business that I do from home, but it doesn't give me much. I used to make twice that before He came into my life and that was 20 years ago. I don't even have much retirement money, because He asked me to open and run a Christian bookstore for Him and that took that money, but I do have this little business that I still make money on. Still, who long can I do it. So I could honestly say, 'I took a chance and it might have been a mistake'.

Then again, I have honestly seen things that seem unimaginable to the regular person. He once took me out of my body. Oh it was just a couple of inches, but enough that I was looking at the back of my head. Also, there was that time I got kissed by a greenish colored cloud. Also, I have seen hundreds of miracles, and even on myself. He instantly healed a knee I had injured when surfing, and removed a growth behind my ear. I put my hand on it, prayed, and shrunk and disappear in a matter of seconds.

So I have a sister and brother who did a lot better financially than me and have travels and seen a lot. I have not been able to, though it was not my dream. Yet while my sister has been to Europe, China, and Africa, she has never been out of her body or been kiss by a greenish colored cloud. Which is better?

Now He promises life and that more abundantly. Did I get that promise? Was the chance I took by believing in Him worth it?

My sister and brother say they are Christians. They both go to church, but they have not took the change of believing like I did. Still, I think, believe, and hope they will get to heaven. Yet they never took the chance I did. They never sold all they had to follow the instructions they heard from Him. So did I make the right choice by taking a chance on Him?

Honestly, I don't know. I believe I did, or at least I like to believe I did. Still I am righting that I took a chance on Him, for whatever it was worth. It didn't seem to be worth more money or more travel (though I know people who He did have travel even with less money). It didn't seem to be worth more physical assets. It has seemed to be worth much spiritual assets and more spiritual travel though. So how do you weight all that out? I'm being honest, - I just don't know.

What I do know is that I took a chance!

It did seem to make a difference but I can't tell you for certain if it was worth it or not.

The one thing I would like to add to the equation is that it has been nice to have Him to talk to!! To to hear Him tell me 'Karl, I love you', means a whole lot.

Last edited:

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'How do I know it is Him?"
how do you know it is Him?
I don't absolutely know.
Honestly, I don't know.
I just don't know.
What I do know is that I took a chance!
It did seem to make a difference but I can't tell you for certain if it was worth it or not.
The one thing I would like to add to the equation is that it has been nice to have Him to talk to!! To to hear Him tell me 'Karl, I love you', means a whole lot.
Sounds very confused. Thanks, but I'll pass.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds very confused. Thanks, but I'll pass.

One of the reasons I wrote is so that people can get an honest testimony. It's not confusing, but perhaps someone would like to confuse you.

Simply put, Jesus Christ can and does talk to people via His Holy Spirit, but you have to want to hear from Him and then you have to decide if you are going to take a chance and believe in Him.

So, if you write "Thanks, but I'll pass" - well ok. Many are doing that exact same thing.

Still, I do want to tell people about Him. They have a right to make a choice for Him or not for Him. And I think they should have the facts. We can read facts about Him in the Bible, but that was written a couple of thousand years ago. It's correct but someone may not understand that it being correct means that Jesus Christ is still standing at the door and knocking with His voice, so you still have a choice "Today" to open the door and let Him into your life or not.

That is not confusing - it's simple. Either you are going to choose to believe in Him and open the door, or you are not!

Some will pass on that today. It might even be me.

I choose to believe in Him. I believed in Him for the last twenty years, and that impacted my life.

Was that choice of mine a smart choice or not? I gave you some testimony that perhaps they will help you understand. I didn't get more money and things. I did get more spiritual things, and saw incredible miracles. My knee works good now, and that growth went instantly away. Still, the knee wasn't that bad and a doctor could have removed the growth too.

So it is that I still think about the choice and wonder about the choice. It still has to be made everyday!

So it is that some pass on the choice today and I think about it everyday called "Today". For twenty years I have been making a choice for Him. As for today, well there is a choice to make. Seek Him and listen to what He has to say, or not?

• Prayers
Reactions: xaris
Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I think they should have the facts. We can read facts about Him in the Bible, but that was written a couple of thousand years ago.
God chooses to speak through His Word, convicting, building faith, teaching, leading and guiding. What is wrong with that? It has worked for me the last 46 years.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God chooses to speak through His Word, convicting, building faith, teaching, leading and guiding. What is wrong with that? It has worked for me the last 46 years.
We have had this conversation. I believe by "His Word" you mean the Scriptures. But the Scriptures say that He speaks through His Son, Jesus Christ and the Scriptures call Him the Word of God. And while it is explained that we should study the Scriptures for things like teaching and reproof and to find the wisdom that leads to salvation which is through Jesus Christ, the Scriptures explain that His sheep He His voice and that His words are spirit (thus not ink) and that the Scriptures keep you under so that Jesus Christ might be reveal, and that revelation is that He is at the door knocking with His voice and that His name is called the Word of God. So thinking that studying the Scriptures is what saves you is not what the Scriptures explain. Never-the-less, that has been explain by both me and the authors of the Scriptures,

So again, you want to pass on hearing Jesus Christ like is explained clearly in the Scriptures and want to think that your study and searching and trying to follow rules/Laws that you find in the Scriptures instead of seeking Him and hearing by faith, that is your choice. I am just telling you the choice I made and the honest results I got from it. And maybe your are right. I got to know someone, who I believe to be Jesus Christ and that through the Spirit who speaks to my spirit. The Spirit tells me Jesus Christ is the Lord and He certainly has been mine, in that I get instructions from Him and have follow them to some exist or another. I have seen miracles - hundreds of them. I have seen and gotten other crazy spiritual things happening around me too. And I have the ability to hear with what I can only call spiritual ears, so I even know that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit.

I made a choice to believe in Him, like the Scriptures explain. the results have been incredible but also mixed. I make less money, but get by. I have my own business, that He set me up with so I get to wake up when I want and not by an alarm clock like I used to. I used to have a two story house with a pool. Now I have a double wide mobile home with a rose garden. The pool took a lot more money and time. So which is better? Is it better to go on a trip to Africa like my sister or to go on a trip of just a few inches outside my body and hear Him ask me, "Karl, do you believe I can take you anywhere I want?" before putting me back in my body.

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life."

So someone at sometime was searching the Scriptures for eternal life instead of coming to Him for like.

Why didn't He say "eternal life" the second time?

Sometimes I forget how I hated getting up because my alarm went off. Sometimes I forget how much trouble that pool was, and the bigger yard, and the amount of the property taxes, and the price to heat and cool that house, and all the extra work with a big house, and the pain that bosses can be and the stress with that type of job, and so on. Each day still has enough problems of it's own, but maybe I do have life now, and not just eternal life. At the very least, I have someone to talk to about it all, and He tells me that He loves me.

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the Scriptures say that He speaks through His Son, Jesus Christ and the Scriptures call Him the Word of God. And while it is explained that we should study the Scriptures for things like teaching and reproof and to find the wisdom that leads to salvation which is through Jesus Christ, the Scriptures explain that His sheep He His voice and that His words are spirit (thus not ink) and that the Scriptures keep you under so that Jesus Christ might be reveal, and that revelation is that He is at the door knocking with His voice and that His name is called the Word of God.
That's like Rome who uses the Scriptures to refute Sola Scriptural. That approach is self defeating.
So again, you want to pass on hearing Jesus Christ like is explained clearly in the Scriptures and want to think that your study and searching and trying to follow rules/Laws that you find in the Scriptures instead of seeking Him and hearing by faith, that is your choice.
Actually, the Scriptures (esp the NT) reveal to us things the natural man hasn't' a clue about, nor could he come up with on his own. It is commonly referred to as special revelation.
So which is better? Is it better to go on a trip to Africa like my sister or to go on a trip of just a few inches outside my body and hear Him ask me, "Karl, do you believe I can take you anywhere I want?" before putting me back in my body.
I'd rather go to Africa if it meant preaching the glorious Gospel that others may be saved, than hear voices leading me into a gnostic direction.
Sometimes I forget how I hated getting up because my alarm went off. Sometimes I forget how much trouble that pool was, and the bigger yard, and the amount of the property taxes, and the price to heat and cool that house, and all the extra work with a big house, and the pain that bosses can be and the stress with that type of job, and so on. Each day still has enough problems of it's own, but maybe I do have life now, and not just eternal life. At the very least, I have someone to talk to about it all, and He tells me that He loves me.
2 Peter 1:19 KJV
[19] We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(read it's context: it is speaking of Scripture, as in 'it is written').

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's like Rome who uses the Scriptures to refute Sola Scriptural. That approach is self defeating.

It like Paul writing to the Romans and the religious Jews there:

Rom 10:1-4 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

In that time Paul found a religious group of Jews in Rome that studied the Scriptures, kept up on the traditions, and had a zeal for God, but they did not personally know Jesus Christ and that He is the righteousness of God, so that you have to actually believe in Him, listen to Him, whose words are found inside you - in your heart and in your mouth - so not the ink on pages! And a discussion broke out in writings. Paul then quoted Moses, because Moses had the same problem with the Israelites in his time. They had said, "Let God not speak to us" and so they would not seek the Lord and His words even though Moses had told them that the word was near them. So Paul quoted Moses as I am quoting Paul and Moses now:

Romans 10: 6-8 But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Now, I can easily quote Scriptures that reproves those searching through their Bible, thinking that is going to give them the righteousness they need, as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ and listening to His words which are found near you - in your heart and in your mouth - so not the ink on pages.

And I give testimony as to my experience from taking a chance and believing that I indeed could find the Word of God near me, in my mouth and in my heart. It did that. I sought Him, Jesus Christ. And I testify that I found someone I believe to be Him. His first words to me were "Read Your Bible', so He is for that. I often hear Him tell me "Karl, I love you." So He is love and is personal. And so Him and I talk often, indeed everyday called "Today" we talk.

So what about those like Paul wrote to and Moses had to deal with? Those who have a zeal for God but don't actually hear His voice inside them? Well - Paul cared enough to write and try correcting them, Jesus spoke to them asking them if they had ears to hear. And Moses too wrote to them explaining:

Deut 30:19,20 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

I have been telling people that they have a choice! I have tried to be honest with my testimony and what happen when I took a chance and decided to seek Him and His voice. I testify that Jesus Christ is indeed there with us. He did not leave us. He had sent His Holy Spirit to talk to our spirit. That we can indeed hear the Spirit in words that are found in our heart and often in our mouth. I also testify that His way are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Finding Him did not give me great amounts of money and things, but it did give me spiritual things, like a kiss from a greenish cloud, be taken out of my body and asked, "Karl, do you believe I can take you anywhere I want?", and I have seen Him do hundreds of miracles.

So that is my testimony and my experience. The choice is now yours.

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is what I wrote and you quoted...
...then you proceeded to write 8 paragraphs that had absolutely nothing to do with my statement above.
If you hear from Jesus directly, why didn't He correct your rambling response to me?

My point was simply that one can't use the Scriptures to downplay the importance of the Scriptures.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is what I wrote and you quoted...
...then you proceeded to write 8 paragraphs that had absolutely nothing to do with my statement above.
If you hear from Jesus directly, why didn't He correct your rambling response to me?

My point was simply that one can't use the Scriptures to downplay the importance of the Scriptures.

I did respond to you, but you missed the point and problem, though it was clearly stated.

We miss the point if we are thinking, "The importance of the Scriptures.!!!

That is because the whole point of the Scriptures is to get you to realize "the importance of knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord!!!

That was what Paul explained in the letter to the Romans!!

Rom 10:1-4 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.

They had a zeal for God but they did not know Jesus Christ, so they missed the whole point of the Scriptures!

Why do you call my telling you to listen to Jesus Christ, whose words are found in your heart, "ramblings" Why can't you understand something as simply as hearing the words the Lord speaks to you via His Spirit to your spirit? Why are you thinking 'the importance of the Scriptures' instead of the importance of knowing the Lord like it is written?

Jn 8:43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by an word and utterance (rhema word means and utterance) from the Lord, and that is heard in you personally. The importance of the Scriptures is to get you to know Him! Did you not even read that Abraham did not have the Scriptures but knew the Lord and believed it was Him when He came speaking to him in a vision, and that faith, which was without the Scriptures, was counted to him as righteousness. (Gen 15)

Jesus told the Jews that if indeed they were the sons of Abraham, then do the deeds of Abraham. Abraham did not read or study Scriptures. They were of no importance to him because they didn't even exist. The Abraham hear the Lord speaking to Him is a vision, so from within him and Abraham believed it was the Lord. Who is the sons of Abraham do that today!

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did respond to you, but you missed the point and problem, though it was clearly stated.

We miss the point if we are thinking, "The importance of the Scriptures.!!!

That is because the whole point of the Scriptures is to get you to realize "the importance of knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord!!!

That was what Paul explained in the letter to the Romans!!

They had a zeal for God but they did not know Jesus Christ, so they missed the whole point of the Scriptures!

Why do you call my telling you to listen to Jesus Christ, whose words are found in your heart, "ramblings" Why can't you understand something as simply as hearing the words the Lord speaks to you via His Spirit to your spirit? Why are you thinking 'the importance of the Scriptures' instead of the importance of knowing the Lord like it is written?

Jn 8:43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by an word and utterance (rhema word means and utterance) from the Lord, and that is heard in you personally. The importance of the Scriptures is to get you to know Him! Did you not even read that Abraham did not have the Scriptures but knew the Lord and believed it was Him when He came speaking to him in a vision, and that faith, which was without the Scriptures, was counted to him as righteousness. (Gen 15)

Jesus told the Jews that if indeed they were the sons of Abraham, then do the deeds of Abraham. Abraham did not read or study Scriptures. They were of no importance to him because they didn't even exist. The Abraham hear the Lord speaking to Him is a vision, so from within him and Abraham believed it was the Lord. Who is the sons of Abraham do that today!
Again...My point was simply that one can't use the Scriptures to downplay the importance of the Scriptures. It is a self defeating posture. But you didn't see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have a gift Karl. I hear God sometimes. But I suspect most of my thoughts as being the flesh. I get comfort from the Bible. I couldn’t read all you said-too lengthy. But it seems to the point and appropriate. I test the spirits too and find them wanting. I am a man of few words. I very much admire your walk.

Upvote 0

DancingPenguins

Aug 16, 2020
Bay Area
✟21,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 4:2-3 says that you can test the spirits by asking if Jesus came in the flesh or not. If they say no then they are not from God.

Sometimes I hear a disembodied voice talk to me in my dreams. I try to test it whenever I can but it is hard to remember to ask while asleep. Sometimes I’m able to remember and other times not. I think sometimes God does speak to me in dreams but if I don’t test it then I’m not sure.

If you are hearing it while awake it should be easy for you to ask and that should clear up the confusion.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

In that time Paul found a religious group of Jews in Rome that studied the Scriptures, kept up on the traditions, and had a zeal for God, but they did not personally know Jesus Christ and that He is the righteousness of God, so that you have to actually believe in Him, listen to Him, whose words are found inside you - in your heart and in your mouth - so not the ink on pages! And a discussion broke out in writings. Paul then quoted Moses, because Moses had the same problem with the Israelites in his time. They had said, "Let God not speak to us" and so they would not seek the Lord and His words even though Moses had told them that the word was near them. So Paul quoted Moses as I am quoting Paul and Moses now:

Romans 10: 6-8 But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Now, I can easily quote Scriptures that reproves those searching through their Bible, thinking that is going to give them the righteousness they need, as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ and listening to His words which are found near you - in your heart and in your mouth - so not the ink on pages.

And I give testimony as to my experience from taking a chance and believing that I indeed could find the Word of God near me, in my mouth and in my heart. It did that. I sought Him, Jesus Christ. And I testify that I found someone I believe to be Him. His first words to me were "Read Your Bible', so He is for that. I often hear Him tell me "Karl, I love you." So He is love and is personal. And so Him and I talk often, indeed everyday called "Today" we talk.

So what about those like Paul wrote to and Moses had to deal with? Those who have a zeal for God but don't actually hear His voice inside them? Well - Paul cared enough to write and try correcting them, Jesus spoke to them asking them if they had ears to hear. And Moses too wrote to them explaining:

Deut 30:19,20 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

I have been telling people that they have a choice! I have tried to be honest with my testimony and what happen when I took a chance and decided to seek Him and His voice. I testify that Jesus Christ is indeed there with us. He did not leave us. He had sent His Holy Spirit to talk to our spirit. That we can indeed hear the Spirit in words that are found in our heart and often in our mouth. I also testify that His way are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Finding Him did not give me great amounts of money and things, but it did give me spiritual things, like a kiss from a greenish cloud, be taken out of my body and asked, "Karl, do you believe I can take you anywhere I want?", and I have seen Him do hundreds of miracles.

So that is my testimony and my experience. The choice is now yours.

you wrote "And I testify that I found someone I believe to be Him."

first off you have have written some important truths in your posts which i am in agreement with, but can you elaborate on this quoted with regard to this someone ...

• Agree
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People may not like this, but as someone who came from a lukewarm background, I certainly took a chance with God - fully - instead of half-hearted. I'll never go back.

As for hearing God speak to us, God has never changed. He speaks to us differently and yet the same; although we look the same (human) we are not all the same. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you wrote "And I testify that I found someone I believe to be Him."

first off you have have written some important truths in your posts which i am in agreement with, but can you elaborate on this quoted with regard to this someone ...

Jesus Christ is the truth!! and He is someone we need to know!! So my purpose is not to write truths, but to point people to a certain someone, Jesus Christ, and so to listen to the Truth themselves!

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is the truth!! and He is someone we need to know!! So my purpose is not to write truths, but to point people to a certain someone, Jesus Christ, and so to listen to the Truth themselves!

do you see this truth/Christ as being something/someone separate from yourself you must attain to ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you see this truth/Christ as being something/someone separate from yourself you must attain to ...

He, Jesus Christ the Truth, is not me!!!

Now I pickup His words to me inside me; in my heart and on my lips at times, but that is simply because He sends His Holy Spirit to speak to my spirit.

Now, He is God! So He is not a "something" I must attain to, nor is He "someone" who I can "attain to"

What I can do is seek Him and then listen to what He has to say to me. What He says is the 'truth'!!

My interpretation of what He says is not the truth, but my understanding of the Truth!

Now I can write something that I heard from Him. Still, even if I do get it exactly word for word, you still lack the exact context I had when He told me. It might still be worth reading, but you still need to seek Him for yourself for the "Truth"!

For example: Satan quoted Scriptures to Jesus Christ in the desert. Were those Scriptures the Truth?

They were Scriptures, words that people heard from the Lord and wrote them down, but Jesus Christ is and was the Word of God, so He was and is the Lord who spoke to the author's of the very Scriptures that Satan quoted to Jesus Christ. That is to say the Satan quoted the words the Jesus spoke to people to write down and used the words against Him who had spoken them. So were/are the Scriptures the Truth or is Jesus Christ the Truth? What is written?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He, Jesus Christ the Truth, is not me!!!

Now I pickup His words to me inside me; in my heart and on my lips at times, but that is simply because He sends His Holy Spirit to speak to my spirit.

Now, He is God! So He is not a "something" I must attain to, nor is He "someone" who I can "attain to"

What I can do is seek Him and then listen to what He has to say to me. What He says is the 'truth'!!

My interpretation of what He says is not the truth, but my understanding of the Truth!

Now I can write something that I heard from Him. Still, even if I do get it exactly word for word, you still lack the exact context I had when He told me. It might still be worth reading, but you still need to seek Him for yourself for the "Truth"!

For example: Satan quoted Scriptures to Jesus Christ in the desert. Were those Scriptures the Truth?

They were Scriptures, words that people heard from the Lord and wrote them down, but Jesus Christ is and was the Word of God, so He was and is the Lord who spoke to the author's of the very Scriptures that Satan quoted to Jesus Christ. That is to say the Satan quoted the words the Jesus spoke to people to write down and used the words against Him who had spoken them. So were/are the Scriptures the Truth or is Jesus Christ the Truth? What is written?

do you see Jesus as an equal or do you see him as being greater than yourself ...

Upvote 0