✟1,099,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) 1Ti 4:3
forbidding to marry, abstaining from foods, which God creates to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who believe and realize the truth,

YHWH defined what is food in his word.

(CLV) 1Ti 4:4
seeing that every creature of God is ideal and nothing is to be cast away, being taken with thanksgiving,

What did Paul mean by "every creature of God?"

Is he speaking in opposition to YHWH's word?

(CLV) 1Ti 4:5
for it is hallowed through the word of God and pleading.

Obviously not. Paul makes it clear that YHWH has hallowed (set apart, kadosh) the animals which are food in his word.

Peter tells us to to be holy (set apart, kadosh) as YHWH is.

(CLV) 1Pt 1:13
Wherefore, girding up the loins of your comprehension, being sober, expect perfectly on the grace which is being brought to you at the unveiling of Jesus Christ.

(CLV) 1Pt 1:14
As obedient children, not configuring to the former desires, in your ignorance,

(CLV) 1Pt 1:15
but, according as He Who calls you is holy, you also become holy in all behavior,

(CLV) 1Pt 1:16
because it is written that, Holy shall you be, for I am holy.

Where is this written?

It can be found in the list of dietary laws of Leviticus 11.

(CLV) Lv 11:44
For I, Yahweh, am your Elohim, so you will sanctify yourselves and become holy, for I am holy. Hence you shall not defile your souls with any swarmer moving on the land.

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hark, I think the NIV and NLT Timothy 4:4 are even clearer.

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, (NLT)

Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks. (NIV)

I believe the word CREATURE gives the idea that it is an ANIMAL. But the phrase "everything God CREATED" includes MUCH MORE than just ANIMALS. It includes "EVERYTHING" edible and had God's blessing for FOOD. Just because God CREATED something doesn't mean it was INTENDED for FOOD.

And as you brought out, Leviticus 11 breaks down which CREATED animals were APPROVED to be eaten and which ones were not.

Just as not all ANIMALS were CREATED to be eaten, neither were all PLANTS to be eaten.
Common sense tells us that ~ SUGAR makes people hyper. REFINED flour constipates people, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(CLV) 1Ti 4:3
forbidding to marry, abstaining from foods, which God creates to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who believe and realize the truth,

YHWH defined what is food in his word.

(CLV) 1Ti 4:4
seeing that every creature of God is ideal and nothing is to be cast away, being taken with thanksgiving,

What did Paul mean by "every creature of God?"

Is he speaking in opposition to YHWH's word?

(CLV) 1Ti 4:5
for it is hallowed through the word of God and pleading.

Obviously not. Paul makes it clear that YHWH has hallowed (set apart, kadosh) the animals which are food in his word.

Peter tells us to to be holy (set apart, kadosh) as YHWH is.

(CLV) 1Pt 1:13
Wherefore, girding up the loins of your comprehension, being sober, expect perfectly on the grace which is being brought to you at the unveiling of Jesus Christ.

(CLV) 1Pt 1:14
As obedient children, not configuring to the former desires, in your ignorance,

(CLV) 1Pt 1:15
but, according as He Who calls you is holy, you also become holy in all behavior,

(CLV) 1Pt 1:16
because it is written that, Holy shall you be, for I am holy.

Where is this written?

It can be found in the list of dietary laws of Leviticus 11.

(CLV) Lv 11:44
For I, Yahweh, am your Elohim, so you will sanctify yourselves and become holy, for I am holy. Hence you shall not defile your souls with any swarmer moving on the land.

No doubt we were originally created to have a vegetarian diet. However, the Lord did later give guidelines about eating animals, which were clean and unclean.

Also even priests were directed by the Lord to eat animals (the sin offering) ... Leviticus 6:26

It is not a sin to eat meat.

a "swarmer" is referring to insects.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
obviously there exists poisonous plants and even certain animals that are poison to humans. -

1 Tim 4:
4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

What is "sanctified by the Word"? -- Lev 11 has some statements from God on that subject.

", 2 “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘These are the creatures which you may eat from all the animals that are on the earth. "

"46 This is the law regarding the animal and the bird, and every living thing that moves in the waters and everything that swarms on the earth, 47 to make a distinction between the unclean and the clean, and between the edible creature and the creature which is not to be eaten."

Diseased animals that "dies of itself" and rats for example are in the list of "do not eat" when we read that chapter.

It is not a sin to eat meat.

True - 1 Tim 4 does not say it is a sin to eat meat. I don't think anything in the OP makes the statement that it is a sin to eat meat.

Upvote 0