Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Back in the day we could just walk into the store and walk out with whatever we wanted. I have noticed the military gets more and more guns and we the people get less and less. Anyone else have thoughts on this phenomenon?

Reactions: Darkhorse

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Thomas Winstringham

Jun 18, 2020
Salt Lake City
✟8,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every law abiding citizen should have a gun and a backup for each purpose they may need a gun for. Even in the rural parts of the United States where gun ownership is high, that is not the case. You must understand, here in the south the average gun owner owns a couple of guns up to ten or more guns. Then there are the gun nuts who own own a couple of guns safes or more. I personally have been in a four bedroom house where the couple lived in the master bedroom and the other three bedrooms were storage place for guns. That gun owner owned over three hundred thumb trigger 22s alone. When I saw his house, I had no idea there was even a gun that had a thumb trigger.

All I am saying is, the figure that there are about one and a half guns per citizen in the United States does not mean that all Americans have a gun or two. There are thousands of gun owners who have hundreds and even thousands of guns. I have personally seen some of these collections and the collector with all those thumb trigger 22s was not the only one.

Everyone who will ever possibly need to have a gun to protect their family and their rights should own a gun or two. . . Or for that matter twenty. :sorry:

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What if russian spies came in and tried to enforce atheism in america? Maybe in other countries this is not necessary but it is a real problem here.
I am not sure if you are serious or joking.

But in the case you are really fearing such thing:

Russia has more believing people than the USA and is much more conservative regarding homosexuality, gendre mess and similar. If some nation is influencing the world to sin and to make a mess in society and godly rules, its the USA with its decadence, dozens of its "christian" cults, militarism, the Hollywood propaganda and similar.

Also, there is 300 million of Americans, while only 150 million of Russians in the world.

Also, you already outgun them so many times that if they would not have nuclear weapons and very good anti air missiles, you could destroy them easily. The fear of Russians in the USA is more a political manipulation by some weapon industries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Every law abiding citizen should have a gun and a backup for each purpose they may need a gun for. Even in the rural parts of the United States where gun ownership is high, that is not the case. You must understand, here in the south the average gun owner owns a couple of guns up to ten or more guns. Then there are the gun nuts who own own a couple of guns safes or more. I personally have been in a four bedroom house where the couple lived in the master bedroom and the other three bedrooms were storage place for guns. That gun owner owned over three hundred thumb trigger 22s alone. When I saw his house, I had no idea there was even a gun that had a thumb trigger.

All I am saying is, the figure that there are about one and a half guns per citizen in the United States does not mean that all Americans have a gun or two. There are thousands of gun owners who have hundreds and even thousands of guns. I have personally seen some of these collections and the collector with all those thumb trigger 22s was not the only one.

Everyone who will ever possibly need to have a gun to protect their family and their rights should own a gun or two. . . Or for that matter twenty. :sorry:
You have several times more guns per capita than any other nation. But your criminality is much higher and there does not seem to be peace, safety or order in the American society. Is "even more guns" the solution?

American rules to get a gun are still one of the most liberal in the world. You can buy almost anything there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have several times more guns per capita than any other nation. But your criminality is much higher and there does not seem to be peace, safety or order in the American society. Is "even more guns" the solution?

American rules to get a gun are still one of the most liberal in the world. You can buy almost anything there.
This fact is it helps to live in the area you are talking about. People who don't live in the United States can examine the statistics but the published information does not tell the whole story. The higher criminality in the United States is largely centered it two different types of communities in the States.

First are the large urban areas. Almost all the the urban areas have run down areas where crime is very high. But, crime in the suburbs surrounding these urban areas is very similar to rates in other countries where crime is low. In those large urban areas many of them have high restrictions on gun ownership. A citizen of an area like this knows where they are safe and where to stay away from. In my metropolitan area you are safe in 90% of the areas and the only dangerous areas may be 5 or 10% of the area and that area is then mainly at night.

The other areas with crime problem are rural areas that are in sharp decline. In my state areas that used to be largely agricultural areas are very depressed. The problem is when farms mechanized, there are just no jobs for the former agricultural workers. Areas where there is high unemployment have higher crime. There is also a large discrepancy between the very poor and the wealthy. Many of the poor resent that.

Now, the people in the most rural areas are those who own most of the guns. In many of these counties in my state the population density of very low compared to other parts of the world. Densities of two or three digits per square mile is common around here when you get away from the larger cities. One county near me has a population density of only 3.(something) people per square mile. Because of that low density, in many areas if you called for a law enforcement agent they might be able to get to your house or business by the end of the day. For that reason people in the rural south provide for their own security largely by owning guns. Those homeowners and business owners in the rural south are for the large part not contributing to higher crime statistics. There are other countries where the population density is similar, but if you don't live in such a rural area, it is hard to understand why everyone here considers gun ownership just a part of life.
Edit: The above information is to help you understand. The rules of this forum restrict debating gun rights, so I will refrain from saying anything more. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Since background checks began millions have been denied guns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Back in the day we could just walk into the store and walk out with whatever we wanted. I have noticed the military gets more and more guns and we the people get less and less. Anyone else have thoughts on this phenomenon?

If you can afford it you can get some pretty impressive firepower.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guns are a real hobby for many. Collectors buy low and sell high. You can make a living. Prices are constantly in creasing. A collection can be very valuable. I would compare it to gold to hedge inflation.

Upvote 0