May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well then, with all due respect, you have much to learn about Islam.

I am an ex-Muslim. I have been there. Beheadings do, indeed, have much to do with Islam, with the ordinances of the Quran, with the Hadith (sayings and actions in collected book form) of Muhammad, and with how Islam is prone to influence how Muslims view non-Muslims.

I've read about the nanny. It's believed she is schizophrenic or suffering from some other severe psychiatric illness bc she said voices in her head told her to kill the child. What she did was horrific, but I don't see that as acting as a Muslim any more than I see Christians like Andrea Yates who've drowned their children to "send them to heaven" or for some other reason.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a former Muslim, I can testify that this is sadly untrue.

Most Muslims do not want to behead people. But deep down, most also feel that, on some level, those non-Muslims who stubbornly insist on clinging to anything else in light of the amazing, logical, beautiful splendour of Islam kind of sort of have it coming.

I'm completely serious. And if a Muslim feels bad about these atrocities, it's often not out of genuine pity for the victims, but indignation that Islam is being made to "look bad".
my question I guess is who is making it look bad?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the overall reaction to terrorism, especially against non-Muslims for reasons that clearly chalk up to anti-Christian / anti-Hindu / anti-Baha'i hatred, is that it's embarrassing in the sense that it gives Islam a bad name.

Meaning that while many Muslims, in private, will not feel too heartbroken that ifidels have been killed, they will feel annoyance that such an act has been noticed by non-Muslims, lest anyone think less of Islam, Muhammad, or Allah.

Those Muslims who choose to attack and kill non-Muslims for purely religious reasons make the religion look bad in the eyes of non-Muslims. That's a prime concern for many. Not that a church has been bombed or a Yazidi girl has been killed or abused.

my question I guess is who is making it look bad?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

I am an ex-Muslim. I have been there. Beheadings do, indeed, have much to do with Islam, with the ordinances of the Quran, with the Hadith (sayings and actions in collected book form) of Muhammad, and with how Islam is prone to influence how Muslims view non-Muslims.

Well then, with all due respect, so do you. Sorry, I don't base my knowledge on Islam on what someone claiming to be a former Muslim on the internet writes about, especially if that person is prone to using YT propaganda. I've never stated that no Muslims have ever beheaded anyone, just like I've never said that no Christians have ever burned people at the stake. What I disputed was that Muslims are deliberately causing trouble wherever they go in Western countries.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But in your thread title you wrote "I think Muslims are inviting their genocide" which is mega inflammatory & then you started off the OP about how you think that everywhere they go in the Western world they are deliberately causing trouble.

There many good Muslims. But my concern is that many people won't be able to make that distinction when they reach their breaking point.

My hope is that our leaders do something about it before the situation escalates like they should begin upholding the Constitution for starters or at least reach a compromise that is **equally** favorable to both parties. Realistically speaking however, it may not be possible as a religion that is meant to regulate and oppress the liberty of another will face heavier penalties because such religion would be unconstitutional or would contradict the constitution.

So people there treated Asians based on stereotypes & assumptions too.

In a very racist way, I'm afraid. Looked down upon as a person with no rights. They generally treat whites of any race better but the more fundamentalist ones would probably not make that distinction if they knew you're a non-Muslim. The poor with very little western upbringing often ends up fundamentalist in their views.

I think that's kind of true lots of people, that those who aren't regularly exposed to other beliefs & well educated are more likely to become fundamentalist in their religious beliefs. I mean, most of the threads on here about how the earth is flat, NASA is fake, dinosaurs & man walked alongside each other are written by fundamentalists who lack a strong education.

Surprisingly, there can be well educated people who thinks that way :)

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
There many good Muslims. But my concern is that many people won't be able to make that distinction when they reach their breaking point.

There are many very good Muslims. They're my friends & neighbours. There are many who've lived in N. America for generations.

My hope is that our leaders do something about it before the situation escalates like they should begin upholding the Constitution for starters or at least reach a compromise that is **equally** favorable to both parties. Realistically speaking however, it may not be possible as a religion that is meant to regulate and oppress the liberty of another will face heavier penalties because such religion would be unconstitutional or would contradict the constitution.

I thought you lived in an Asian country? In both the US & Canada I've always lived in cities that Muslim populations. Never heard of anybody reaching their breaking point with them. I'm sure it's happened but there's always been tension.

In a very racist way, I'm afraid. Looked down upon as a person with no rights. They generally treat whites of any race better but the more fundamentalist ones would probably not make that distinction if they knew you're a non-Muslim. The poor with very little western upbringing often ends up fundamentalist in their views.

That's definitely unfair & I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't think that that's so uncommon, though. Bc that's how it's been in a lot of cultures for centuries, people looking down & mistreating others bc of their nationality or class or skin colour. Like the caste system in India. My sister did Semester at Sea, Idk if you've heard of it but it's where you spend the semester of college on a cruise ship traveling around the entire world. So they're warned about prejudices in the countries they go to. The non-white students got more discrimination but she got some too.

Surprisingly, there can be well educated people who thinks that way :)

That's true for sure, but I think there's less well-educated people who are fundamentalist.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I thought you lived in an Asian country? In both the US & Canada I've always lived in cities that Muslim populations. Never heard of anybody reaching their breaking point with them. I'm sure it's happened but there's always been tension.

Yes, but I've also lived and worked in USA, Hong Kong, and New Zealand for some time. I have settled back in my home country in Asia when I lost my job in IT. I have found another job but it's no longer in IT.

Most of the Muslims I've known in those countries and become my friends were highly educated skilled immigrants.

I would assume, they got their citizenship or permanent residency because they possessed qualifications that is highly sought after in the west. I think many immigrant Muslims would fall under that category and I have absolutely no complaints so far with that group.

That's definitely unfair & I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't think that that's so uncommon, though. Bc that's how it's been in a lot of cultures for centuries, people looking down & mistreating others bc of their nationality or class or skin colour. Like the caste system in India. My sister did Semester at Sea, Idk if you've heard of it but it's where you spend the semester of college on a cruise ship traveling around the entire world. So they're warned about prejudices in the countries they go to. The non-white students got more discrimination but she got some too.

It's okay, I've only experienced being mistreated in Saudi Arabia. Never experienced such problem in any of the Western nations I've been to.

Only Saudi Arabia stood out as one clear exception.

I've never heard of the Sea program. Sounds like a great experience. I think everyone should have one if not on a cruise ship but educating everyone about each other's culture as the system today is extensively globalized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please don't pervert what I wrote. I care about all victims of hate crimes. You kept making a point about Muslims beheading & setting people on fire when I was quoting a sentence about the behaviour of Muslims in the Western World. I pointed out how they have not committed those crimes in Canada, you got snarky, so I then asked you about whether they'd committed those crimes where you live. I take it the answer is no.

Your words speak for themselves and Muslims have committed acts of terror in the western world and I don't think most care unless it affects them directly.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Your words speak for themselves and Muslims have committed acts of terror in the western world and I don't think most care unless it affects them directly.

I'm proud that my words speak for themselves as a Christian, but wish that you as a Christian wouldn't twist & pervert them. You know very well that that is what you're doing. It's wrong of you. Of course I care about acts of terrorism outside of the Western World but I also care about how millions of innocent people are treated in the Western World for acts that they have absolutely no connection to.
According to the American public policy institute Cato, Americans’ fear of foreign terrorists is grossly over-inflated, as the chances of being killed in an attack committed by a foreigner are about 1 in 3.6 million per year.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm proud that my words speak for themselves as a Christian, but wish that you as a Christian wouldn't twist & pervert them. You know very well that that is what you're doing.

You responded to a thread about Muslim terrorism which is a tragedy for many people by saying everything is ok in Canada except for some white Trump supporter,lets say the thread had been about somebody's mother dying and I responded by saying,realy,my mother is still alive and in great health and will probably live a long time despite being a conservative.
Of course I care about acts of terrorism outside of the Western World but I also care about how millions of innocent people are treated in the Western World for acts that they have absolutely no connection to.

Being safe and unaffected on the internet and caring doesn't accomplish much does it,caring about everything results in caring about nothing.

According to the American public policy institute Cato, Americans’ fear of foreign terrorists is grossly over-inflated, as the chances of being killed in an attack committed by a foreigner are about 1 in 3.6 million per year.

Unless it happens to you,holding Islam accountable for the acts of its followers is not PC so dismissing,diminishing and marginalizing is the name of the game.....now crimes committed by other less favored groups is another story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You responded to a thread about Muslim terrorism which is a tragedy for many people by saying everything is ok in Canada except for some white Trump supporter,lets say the thread had been about somebody's mother dying and I responded by saying,realy,my mother is still alive and in great health and will probably live a long time despite being a conservative.

That makes no sense. I've explained this to you already, but you can go back & read the 1st line of the OP for yourself. This is what he wrote - "I can't help but think everywhere they go in the Western world they are deliberately causing trouble." Therefore, it's completely appropriate to discuss acts of violence committed by Muslims in the Western World, and specifically in the countries where we live. It's completely appropriate to discuss how not only have Muslims not committed terrorist attacks in Canada, but they were the victims of a massacre committed by a white man described as a Trump-loving white nationalist. It's completely appropriate to discuss how Americans’ fear of foreign terrorists is grossly over-inflated, since the chances of being killed in an attack committed by a foreigner are about 1 in 3.6 million per year.

Being safe and unaffected on the internet and caring doesn't accomplish much does it,caring about everything results in caring about nothing.

Again, you pervert what I wrote. If you cannot help yourself but to falsely represent my posts, then do not reply to them. But let me ask you, do you care about the Muslims who are the victims of violence & hate? I do, just as I care for all victims of violence & hate, bc as a Christian I believe we're all God's children.

Unless it happens to you,holding Islam accountable for the acts of its followers is not PC so dismissing,diminishing and marginalizing is the name of the game.....now crimes committed by other less favored groups is another story.

I haven't diminished or dismissed anything, I've held onto the truth of the facts. I think everyone who has committed acts of violence & hate should be held accountable for them, regardless of what their religious or political beliefs are.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm completely serious. And if a Muslim feels bad about these atrocities, it's often not out of genuine pity for the victims, but indignation that Islam is being made to "look bad".

I could testify to this. In those times I worked in Saudi, my Arab colleagues would be browsing the news and occasionally would chance upon a Muslim attack in Europe or w/e.

I could hear them giggling while talking about the Muslim attack. They were speaking in Arabic, thinking I couldn't understand but I understand a little bit of Arabic, just enough to know what they are talking about.

But not all, some were actually quiet about it. I have few Arab colleagues who are really nice and would sometimes even give me a ride home if I missed our shuttle, instead of having to hail a taxi.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The experience of non- muslims in different nations depends a lot on the age that the islamic community has been in that country and the percentage of the population of a country that is islamic.. Jihad happens in stages. Only when the muslim community of an area or a nation hits a critical mass do they go to a more agressive form of jihad..

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes islam does include beheading as part of their law.. and they behead people in service to their allah..

(John 16:2-3) "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. {3} And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me."

(Revelation 20:3-4) "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. {4} And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't help but think everywhere they go in the Western world they are deliberately causing trouble.

It's not hard to imagine this spinning out of control when people have hit their breaking point.

In worst case scenario, this will lead to anarchy as people turn their backs on their governments who they will see failing to protect them.

I know personally how bad the Muslims can be having lived and worked in a Muslim country for two years. Although I have observed this phenomenon is mostly concentrated among the young Muslim males who did not receive Western quality education.

This doesn at all align with my experience dealing with muslims in my western country. Not even by a long shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums