VIRGINIA BEACH
✟15,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So for a long time now I've felt so down, tortured even. I was raised a Christian, but after high-school I stopped going to church and didn't have much of a relationship with God. I didn't stop believing, but I felt like I was becoming more distant. I met my wife, got married, got a good job and life was moving forward. We were trying to have children and my wife had 3 miscarriages and needed emergency surgery after the last one. Her mother had to battle breast cancer. My Dad had a stroke. Everything seemed like it was going wrong. I started becoming angry. This progressed for a while, but it worsened everyday. I got to a point that I would become so upset and out of control that I lossed myself. Literally it was as if I was no longer in control of myself. I would start to say terrible things, suicidal things, cursing God and Jesus. My wife was scared. After some time I would settle down and I would feel so terrible. Like a horrible person and husband. One time this happened and I was starting to walk down the stairs and I literally fell all the way down my stairs. By the grace of God I only suffered some bumps and bruises. The last time this happened, something occurred that completely freaked me out. This growling voice came out of me that I didn't even think was possible and I started talking about doing terrible things. This is when I started thinking maybe, this was a demon. Over the next couple of days it got weirder. I started feeling like something was standing over me all the time and watching me. Finally last night I was sitting on my computer doing some work and all of a sudden I heard my name whispered in my ear. It sent a chill down my spine. I was the only one in the room, it was quiet, it was plain as day. This was the last straw! So before I went to sleep last night I prayed, for the first time in a long time. I asked God to please protect me and my wife and cast a barrier over us. I asked forgiveness for the sins that I have committed and acknowledged that His son Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. I asked for whatever was within me to please be expelled and for only Jesus to live within my heart and soul. After praying I immediately felt more at ease. After I fell asleep I had the craziest dream. In my dream I was in some kind of theatre or church. I was with someone that I didn't know, but in the front of the churxh/theatre on the stage area was a demon. It was very tall and was hovering above the ground. It was wearing a tattered white cloak, a long face with no real features and had horns that looked like dead tree branches. It spoke to me in a disturbing deep voice, but the voice came from in my own head, if that makes sense. It told me that my God was useless. I was terrified at first, but then thought of my prayer. I started actually giving it back to the demon. I remember saying that I was protected by God and that the demon was powerless and I wasn't afraid. He became angry and made me fly across the room. Then I remember yelling at the top of my lungs that the demon "Was Nothing!" this is when everything stopped, the room was quiet and empty and then I woke up. Now typically after a crazy dream like this I would have been freaked out. This is the most amazing part of this though. I actually felt great! I felt like me again, the happiest I've been in years. It's as if literally a weight has been lifted off of me. It's only been a day but I feel so good, I couldn't wait to share this story with the world because I do believe it was God giving me the power to rid myself of this demon. I can finally have my life back, and I'm going to stay close with the Lord along the way.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So for a long time now I've felt so down, tortured even. I was raised a Christian, but after high-school I stopped going to church and didn't have much of a relationship with God. I didn't stop believing, but I felt like I was becoming more distant. I met my wife, got married, got a good job and life was moving forward. We were trying to have children and my wife had 3 miscarriages and needed emergency surgery after the last one. Her mother had to battle breast cancer. My Dad had a stroke. Everything seemed like it was going wrong. I started becoming angry. This progressed for a while, but it worsened everyday. I got to a point that I would become so upset and out of control that I lossed myself. Literally it was as if I was no longer in control of myself. I would start to say terrible things, suicidal things, cursing God and Jesus. My wife was scared. After some time I would settle down and I would feel so terrible. Like a horrible person and husband. One time this happened and I was starting to walk down the stairs and I literally fell all the way down my stairs. By the grace of God I only suffered some bumps and bruises. The last time this happened, something occurred that completely freaked me out. This growling voice came out of me that I didn't even think was possible and I started talking about doing terrible things. This is when I started thinking maybe, this was a demon. Over the next couple of days it got weirder. I started feeling like something was standing over me all the time and watching me. Finally last night I was sitting on my computer doing some work and all of a sudden I heard my name whispered in my ear. It sent a chill down my spine. I was the only one in the room, it was quiet, it was plain as day. This was the last straw! So before I went to sleep last night I prayed, for the first time in a long time. I asked God to please protect me and my wife and cast a barrier over us. I asked forgiveness for the sins that I have committed and acknowledged that His son Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. I asked for whatever was within me to please be expelled and for only Jesus to live within my heart and soul. After praying I immediately felt more at ease. After I fell asleep I had the craziest dream. In my dream I was in some kind of theatre or church. I was with someone that I didn't know, but in the front of the churxh/theatre on the stage area was a demon. It was very tall and was hovering above the ground. It was wearing a tattered white cloak, a long face with no real features and had horns that looked like dead tree branches. It spoke to me in a disturbing deep voice, but the voice came from in my own head, if that makes sense. It told me that my God was useless. I was terrified at first, but then thought of my prayer. I started actually giving it back to the demon. I remember saying that I was protected by God and that the demon was powerless and I wasn't afraid. He became angry and made me fly across the room. Then I remember yelling at the top of my lungs that the demon "Was Nothing!" this is when everything stopped, the room was quiet and empty and then I woke up. Now typically after a crazy dream like this I would have been freaked out. This is the most amazing part of this though. I actually felt great! I felt like me again, the happiest I've been in years. It's as if literally a weight has been lifted off of me. It's only been a day but I feel so good, I couldn't wait to share this story with the world because I do believe it was God giving me the power to rid myself of this demon. I can finally have my life back, and I'm going to stay close with the Lord along the way.
Welcome to the forums, and thank you for sharing your testimony. Praise God that He is providing you relief and comfort.

Upvote 0