I think I'm gonna need a rosary and three Tylenol tonight....

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This last week I did nothing but run, run, run, run----grocery shopping, doctor’s appointments, always something that I had to do. :( Today I had planned on kicking back and watching movies all day....just resting and taking it easy. It was a perfect day for it, too: bright and sunny, calm, no thunderstorms or other disturbances. :)

*HA*! My dear wife said since it was such a nice day outside, she had a job for me to do, so I ended up out in the side lot teaching Noah how to use a chain saw all afternoon. :sigh:  

We bought the saw way last summer to replace the wreck we had, but I just never got around to getting it unpacked and fired up. Noah's been after me for weeks to teach him how to use it; so, good old Dad pulled on his boots, grabbed gloves, earplugs, and boonie hat, and went out to the garage, unpacked the saw, got it oiled and fueled and revved up and working so I could teach Noah how to use it efficiently and safely.

Of course, before I did any of that, I had to go unlock the shed to see if there were any gas cans in there that actually had any gas. ^_^ Of course, there were not, so I had to throw a couple gas cans in the back of the truck and drive into town to get gasoline. :sigh:

It was the absolute last thing I wanted to do today, and I was dragged into it kicking and screaming, but once on task, I did it. I taught him everything he needs to know (for now…more to come) about safety and operation, and it actually wasn't too bad doing the job out there, but if I wasn't tired before, I surely am now. My crippled G.I. back is cursing me a blue streak, too----it'll be extra painkillers for this airman tonight. :sick:

Tomorrow, I have more running around to do. :sigh:

Perhaps I can take Tuesday off? Nah----I can rest when I’m dead. :skull:

Last edited:

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Indeed.

My little dog, ten years ago,
Was arrogant and spry;
Her backbone was a bended bow
For arrows in her eye.
Her bark was loud,
Her step was proud,
Her nose was in the sky;
But she was ten years younger then,
And so, by George, was I.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know the feeling. I have 4 doctor appointments this month along with babysitting the grandkids. I love babysitting, but they're at that age where they're a handful. In fact, I have to get off the net and get ready for another doctor appointment. :doh:

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Had to drive 75 miles today in the rain to go to the VA Medical Center in Grand Rapids for a series of x-rays on my back. I took off early (about 11:45) in order to swing by McD's for lunch. Got there at 1:30; they took the x-rays at 2:00, and I was home by 3:30. Didn't have any trouble, but it sure shot the day to pieces. Too late to start anything, so I took a nap instead! :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Had to drive 75 miles today in the rain to go to the VA Medical Center in Grand Rapids for a series of x-rays on my back. I took off early (about 11:45) in order to swing by McD's for lunch. Got there at 1:30; they took the x-rays at 2:00, and I was home by 3:30. Didn't have any trouble, but it sure shot the day to pieces. Too late to start anything, so I took a nap instead! :)
Sounds good! Glad you did not have the day you expected to have. :)

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0