Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I know this sounds ridiculous but I have real reasons to think this. Things are happening that can't be explained and I am horrified.

1. I just don't feel right.
2. Colors are brighter than they used to be.
3. I was programming with my dad and a mysterious rectangle showed up in the middle of the screen. In that rectangle there was another one. And in that rectangle there were words.
4. I saw a commercial on Disney XD that said there is a brand new series starting on Mondays, but it's a show I've ALREADY SEEN a few episodes of before.
5. I was at my grandma's house and when I was lying down on the couch, I heard a vibrating noise. When I was sitting up, I didn't hear it.
6. I was watching a show on Netflix and I paused it. But then when I went back to watch the rest, it didn't continue from the place I paused it.

What should I do? Is it possible I'm imagining all of this? I'm really scared.

*1. That may indicate you are ill.
2. Could be a visual quirk.
3. Computer malfunctions, mine shuts itself off, the screen can go blank,
the page can sudden go "back" to the previous page and or website I was on.
4. A book store here has "new books" for sale, I bought those same books
several years ago. I told the clerk about that and she said she was following
her boss's orders.
5. From time to time one can pick up vibrations, my husband experiences that
from a lot. I've had that happen also but not as much as he does.
6. Same thing happens to us, it's so frustrating! This is why I don't use Netflix
like I use to. Not only does it not go back to where you paused the movie, it's
also came up that the movie was no longer available-- so irritating!

It's good you have an appointment to get this matter looked into.

No you aren't dead.
God doesn't lie, our senses can "lie"meaning they can be affected by bodily changes, illness etc.

And....have you watched Langoliers?
Some of the stuff you mentioned reminded me of that movie.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
*1. That may indicate you are ill.
2. Could be a visual quirk.
3. Computer malfunctions, mine shuts itself off, the screen can go blank,
the page can sudden go "back" to the previous page and or website I was on.
4. A book store here has "new books" for sale, I bought those same books
several years ago. I told the clerk about that and she said she was following
her boss's orders.
5. From time to time one can pick up vibrations, my husband experiences that
from a lot. I've had that happen also but not as much as he does.
6. Same thing happens to us, it's so frustrating! This is why I don't use Netflix
like I use to. Not only does it not go back to where you paused the movie, it's
also came up that the movie was no longer available-- so irritating!

It's good you have an appointment to get this matter looked into.

No you aren't dead.
God doesn't lie, our senses can "lie"meaning they can be affected by bodily changes, illness etc.

And....have you watched Langoliers?
Some of the stuff you mentioned reminded me of that movie.

I think those are good explanations. I'm still paranoid though (which is why I'm having the appointment).

Also, I don't think God lies or makes mistakes. If I believed it was possible for God to lie I would assume he lied about being omnipotent and the reason weird things are happening is because He made mistakes.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I had some struggles as a teen, and into my 20s, with panic, paranoia, seeing weird things (seeing weird things mostly when I was pre-teen). It's not really that abnormal, especially if you're under stress. Which brings me to the question, are you under some stress or is there something heavy going on in your life or around you?
I think those are good explanations. I'm still paranoid though (which is why I'm having the appointment).

Also, I don't think God lies or makes mistakes. If I believed it was possible for God to lie I would assume he lied about being omnipotent and the reason weird things are happening is because He made mistakes.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had some struggles as a teen, and into my 20s, with panic, paranoia, seeing weird things (seeing weird things mostly when I was pre-teen). It's not really that abnormal, especially if you're under stress. Which brings me to the question, are you under some stress or is there something heavy going on in your life or around you?

I'm very stressed out, but I think the stress is caused by these experiences. Not the other way around.

I may be wrong though.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you say my brain is breaking the rules are you implying that I'm hallucinating?

That is the simplest explanation. Here are a list of symptoms for schizophrenia (for example):

Symptoms vary greatly. Common symptoms of schizophrenia are:

Delusions: False, but strongly held beliefs, which feel entirely real to the sufferer. They can cause the individual to have a greatly exaggerated belief in his or her own importance, power, knowledge, abilities, or identity. Some people have delusions of persecution (paranoia)-for example, the false belief that they are being attacked, harassed, cheated, spied on or conspired against by others. Other people with schizophrenia believe that occurrences in the outside world are referring to them (ideas of reference). Examples are believing that other people are doing things because of you or that the TV or radio are referring specifically to you, often in negative ways.

Hallucinations: Seeing, hearing, feeling, touching smelling or tasting things that aren't there. Hallucinations have to do with the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.

Illusions: Disturbances in perception that are less intense than hallucinations. An individual with schizophrenia may experience periods of heightened sensory awareness, during which sounds seem louder or sharper than usual and colours appear brighter, or periods of muted awareness, when sensory input seems closed off. Other illusions may include objects seeming closer or farther away than they really are, or one's own voice or reflection seeming different or even threatening.

Thought Disturbances: Often called muddled thinking by those who experience them, thought disturbances are characterized by an inability to concentrate, to connect thoughts logically, or to think clearly. Thought processes may speed up (racing thoughts) or slow down, or may seem blocked so that the person's mind feels completely blank. Disturbances in thinking are sometimes compared to a broken filter that allows everything that enters the mind to have the same importance — for example, attaching the same significance to licence plate numbers as to a questions from a teacher.

Emotional & Behavioural Changes: A person with schizophrenia can experience sudden, inexplicable changes in mood, such as intense sadness, happiness, excitement, depression or anger that come on without reason or warning. Lack of feelings can be equally disturbing. Symptoms that deprive a person of a range of normal emotions are often described as "negative." The person seems less able to feel anything, including pain or joy. Sometimes this loss of feeling extends to the "sense of self". The individual experiences a sense of unreality about who and where they are or where their body ends. More than any of the symptoms described above, the behavioural changes indicate to others the possible presence of schizophrenia.
An early sign of disturbance is often social withdrawal, as the individual finds interactions with people and things progressively more difficult. One such common response is inability to take an interest in personal hygiene and appearance. Lack of energy, interest and motivation or decreased levels of activity, movement or speech should alert friends and family that something may be amiss. Similarly, behaviour patterns that are unusual in the particular individual, or responses that are clearly inappropriate (excessive laughing or crying in inappropriate circumstances, or excessive talking to oneself) may indicate the approach of an episode of schizophrenia.

Please don't think that I'm trying to diagnose you, I just wanted to show you that these types of symptoms are not original to you. They are symptoms that your doctor has dealt with and can help you with. You are not alone in this! :)
Unfortunately I don't have anyone whose judgement I absolutely trust. I do trust my parents for the most part, but sometimes I find it hard to believe the things they say.

I am keeping a record of strange things that are happening.

It is good that you are keeping a record. It will help your doctor help you.

If you trust your parents generally, then maybe you could keep track of the things they tell you that you don't believe and show those to your doctor, too. Having an "outside opinion" can be very helpful.

God bless you, sister! (And keep us updated.)

Upvote 0
J

Jerico Miles

For the OP regarding verses below:

Revelations 20:14
Daniel 12:2
Revelations 14:10-11

Revelation 20:14 [NKJV]
Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

After the end of the millennium, God will judge those who didn't accept Jesus as their savior. Those not found worthy will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Death and Hell (Hades) will also be cast into the Lake of Fire.

When you die in this life, that is the considered the first death. After the millennium, God will resurrect those who did not accept Jesus. If they are found unworthy, they will die again into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death. After that, Hell and Death are no longer needed, so both will also be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Hell is not the final place of torment for those not saved. It's more like a waiting room for those who didn't accept Jesus until the end of the millennium before they stand trial with Father God. After the judgement, Hell is no longer needed and cast into the lake of fire.

Daniel 12:2 [NKJV]
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

The key answer is found in verse 1. These are those that accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, and had already died. They will be resurrected during the rapture. All who are saved will stand before Jesus.

Some will receive their rewards for their works while on earth. Some will receive nothing and be in shame in the presence of others and after learning how great and wonderful the rewards are. Some will be begging for a second chance to relive their life on earth again. That's how great the rewards are.

Revelation 14:10-11 [NKJV]
10) he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11) And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

These are the people that took the mark of the beast during the tribulation and are going to Hell after dying on earth when Jesus return.

If you want a little idea of what the Judgement Seat of Christ is like, here's a video below. It's lengthy but seems somewhat accurate and delightful. You'll have to watch all 7 videos to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3JgU9wBWE

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is the simplest explanation. Here are a list of symptoms for schizophrenia (for example):

Please don't think that I'm trying to diagnose you, I just wanted to show you that these types of symptoms are not original to you. They are symptoms that your doctor has dealt with and can help you with. You are not alone in this! :)

It is good that you are keeping a record. It will help your doctor help you.

If you trust your parents generally, then maybe you could keep track of the things they tell you that you don't believe and show those to your doctor, too. Having an "outside opinion" can be very helpful.

God bless you, sister! (And keep us updated.)
The reason I didn't think they were hallucinations was because I never heard of a hallucination having words in it. But I guess it's still possible.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know this sounds ridiculous but I have real reasons to think this. Things are happening that can't be explained and I am horrified.

There could be any number of explanations for this. Not knowing what they might be does not mean that you "not feeling right" is inexplicable.

I know a number of migraine sufferers who complain of this. Nothing remarkable here...

3. I was programming with my dad and a mysterious rectangle showed up in the middle of the screen. In that rectangle there was another one. And in that rectangle there were words.
THis hardly breaks the laws of nature. Why would this cause you fear?

4. I saw a commercial on Disney XD that said there is a brand new series starting on Mondays, but it's a show I've ALREADY SEEN a few episodes of before.
Could've been a mix-up at the station broadcasting the show. This is not cause to think you're dead.

5. I was at my grandma's house and when I was lying down on the couch, I heard a vibrating noise. When I was sitting up, I didn't hear it.
Perhaps the vibration was carried to your head through the couch, which is why it ceased when you sat up. I've had this happen many times to me. No reason here to think you're dead...

6. I was watching a show on Netflix and I paused it. But then when I went back to watch the rest, it didn't continue from the place I paused it.
Good grief, girl! How on earth could this possibly mean you are dead? Netflix has glitched on me a number of times but I don't therefore assume I've died. Come on, now, isn't this just a bit silly?

My dear, calm down. You are fretting over nothing.

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

boogalaboogala

you just have a very active imagination.. you are fine.. I mean, I have just read your thread and am now responding right? Well, I am very much alive right now.. and this is all happening in real time..
As a Christian, if you were dead. You would not be here. You would be in the presence of all power..
so don't worry..
I myself had a weekend where I thought that my ex wife and I were both murdered, and we drove around in this cloud.. she was experiencing the same thing with me.. I personally think that we were both very young at the time, with over active imaginations..
blessings sister..

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There could be any number of explanations for this. Not knowing what they might be does not mean that you "not feeling right" is inexplicable.

I know a number of migraine sufferers who complain of this. Nothing remarkable here...

THis hardly breaks the laws of nature. Why would this cause you fear?

Could've been a mix-up at the station broadcasting the show. This is not cause to think you're dead.

Perhaps the vibration was carried to your head through the couch, which is why it ceased when you sat up. I've had this happen many times to me. No reason here to think you're dead...

Good grief, girl! How on earth could this possibly mean you are dead? Netflix has glitched on me a number of times but I don't therefore assume I've died. Come on, now, isn't this just a bit silly?

My dear, calm down. You are fretting over nothing.

Selah.

If only a couple of those things happen I wouldn't be so worried. But since so many things are going wrong so often that's why I'm freaking out.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If only a couple of those things happen I wouldn't be so worried. But since so many things are going wrong so often that's why I'm freaking out.

Yes, but about half of your points have been explained by various people here and amount to nothing special. Besides, if you were dead, how do you explain your parents still interacting with you?

You haven't been watching The Sixth Sense on Netflix lately, have you?

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but about half of your points have been explained by various people here and amount to nothing special. Besides, if you were dead, how do you explain your parents still interacting with you?

You haven't been watching The Sixth Sense on Netflix lately, have you?

No I haven't been watching it.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're not dead.

The world hasn't gone crazy.

The culprit is 99.9% likely to be your own brain. And probably caused by one or more stress factors in your life, whether past or current. I'm guessing, if we could sit down with you and let you tell us about yourself and your life, a lot of these events would make more sense.

It is completely possible to experience all of the things you mentioned with various mental illnesses. Znr already said she could relate to what you're dealing with. I can, too. When I was at the height of anxiety for weeks and months on end, I would start feeling like I wasn't real, or like the world wasn't real, or like I was sort of "outside" of reality, and it's a terrifying feeling! I would sit and recite my name, birthdate, and other facts about myself to reassure myself that I really existed. But the problem wasn't anything outside of me, it was ME.

Be comforted. Try not to worry yourself too much while you wait for your doctor visit. Definitely keep journaling everything that you're experiencing, too. That will help them understand what's going on a lot better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're not dead.

The world hasn't gone crazy.

The culprit is 99.9% likely to be your own brain. And probably caused by one or more stress factors in your life, whether past or current. I'm guessing, if we could sit down with you and let you tell us about yourself and your life, a lot of these events would make more sense.

It is completely possible to experience all of the things you mentioned with various mental illnesses. Znr already said she could relate to what you're dealing with. I can, too. When I was at the height of anxiety for weeks and months on end, I would start feeling like I wasn't real, or like the world wasn't real, or like I was sort of "outside" of reality, and it's a terrifying feeling! I would sit and recite my name, birthdate, and other facts about myself to reassure myself that I really existed. But the problem wasn't anything outside of me, it was ME.

Be comforted. Try not to worry yourself too much while you wait for your doctor visit. Definitely keep journaling everything that you're experiencing, too. That will help them understand what's going on a lot better.

Thank you and yeah I am keeping track of these things.

Upvote 0

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SSAMMOH:

Let's look at this logically, or as the Bible would say it, "Come, let us reason together." If you were dead, you would either be in Heaven or Hell. There are no other options. You would know immediately which place you had landed! Because you are still interacting with your parents, and with us, whom you know are alive, we can safely assume that you are not dead. You can relax!

Now, let's take your stuff one thing at a time and look at all of it.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you may be going through puberty. No one feels "right" when their hormones are wreaking havoc on their bodies. Don't worry about it. Going to your general practitioner doctor for a checkup might be a good thing.

I think this may just be that you are growing up and instead of focusing completely on yourself, you are beginning to see the beauty of the world around you. This is a good thing! Let yourself enjoy it!

Computers are pretty goofy things sometimes. They have glitches that are sometimes unexplainable. I've lived a long time and I've never seen a supernatural glitch on a computer. It's more likely that it was a man-made rectangle thing that was intentionally or unintentionally added by some other programmer, or it may have been within your computer before you bought it.

Unless the words in the triangle were life threatening, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you show it to your dad? Could he see it, too. Computer hacking, if that's what it was, can be traced. I wouldn't let it affect my peace of mind if I were you.

My guess is that the commercial itself was old! Pure and simple. Not bizarre, not scary. It takes a lot of work to produce a new commercial to advertise a show, but undoubtedly, the program required them to advertise the new/old show and they ran the outdated commercial because the updated one hadn't arrived yet. They had to run what they had. That happens all the time. Don't give it another thought.

Lying down on a bed or couch that sits on the floor brings you closer to the ground where all kinds of natural vibrations go on because of lawn mowers, trains, traffic, earthquakes, even the dishwasher or clothes dryer. Sitting up, you might not hear the same sounds. These things happen all the time. Don't worry about them.

This is not a phenomenon. It happens all the time. Machines and programming are full of faults that show up in these little ways. Truly, if these little things are the center of your focus, a visit with a psychiatrist would be a helpful thing to assist you in setting your mind at ease. Focusing your mind on Jesus will keep you in perfect peace. He cares about you!

Last edited:
Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SSAMMOH:

Let's look at this logically, or as the Bible would say it, "Come, let us reason together." If you were dead, you would either be in Heaven or Hell. There are no other options. You would know immediately which place you had landed! Because you are still interacting with your parents, and with us, whom you know are alive, we can safely assume that you are not dead. You can relax!

Now, let's take your stuff one thing at a time and look at all of it.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you may be going through puberty. No one feels "right" when their hormones are wreaking havoc on their bodies. Don't worry about it. Going to your general practitioner doctor for a checkup might be a good thing.

I think this may just be that you are growing up and instead of focusing completely on yourself, you are beginning to see the beauty of the world around you. This is a good thing! Let yourself enjoy it!

Computers are pretty goofy things sometimes. They have glitches that are sometimes unexplainable. I've lived a long time and I've never seen a supernatural glitch on a computer. It's more likely that it was a man-made rectangle thing that was intentionally or unintentionally added by some other programmer, or it may have been within your computer before you bought it.

Unless the words in the triangle were life threatening, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you show it to your dad? Could he see it, too. Computer hacking, if that's what it was, can be traced. I wouldn't let it affect my peace of mind if I were you.

My guess is that the commercial itself was old! Pure and simple. Not bizarre, not scary. It takes a lot of work to produce a new commercial to advertise a show, but undoubtedly, the program required them to advertise the new/old show and they ran the outdated commercial because the updated one hadn't arrived yet. They had to run what they had. That happens all the time. Don't give it another thought.

Lying down on a bed or couch that sits on the floor brings you closer to the ground where all kinds of natural vibrations go on because of lawn mowers, trains, traffic, earthquakes, even the dishwasher or clothes dryer. Sitting up, you might not hear the same sounds. These things happen all the time. Don't worry about them.

This is not a phenomenon. It happens all the time. Machines and programming are full of faults that show up in these little ways. Truly, if these little things are the center of your focus, a visit with a psychiatrist would be a helpful thing to assist you in setting your mind at ease. Focusing your mind on Jesus will keep you in perfect peace. He cares about you!

Thank you for responding.

1. I'm 16. Maybe feeling weird is part of puberty or maybe I'm sick. I'm planning on getting a blood test soon to see.
2. I never thought about that before.
3. That's a very good explanation. Also the rectangle was up for less than a second.
4. Also a very good explanation.
5. Ok.
6. Ok.

I am focusing on Jesus and reading the bible.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I had a bad "anxiety breakdown" once. Everything became severely warped for a few weeks. The cause of my breakdown was pent up emotion and PTSD. Eventually I got through the warped part. Writing is a very good release, plus you can refer to your notes if you need to discuss them with anyone. Please keep me updated on how things go with the doctor.
People have suggested I keep track of the weird things that have happened to me. So I updated my post.

Upvote 0