Toronto
✟8,185.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that I have rejected Christ. It's been a long process to get to where I'm at now. I turned back to a work based salvation and had contempt for Christ. I have since understood my folly and repented but my heart is now hard and I'm under spiritual blindness. It's as if God has already passed judgement on me. This hardness of heart that's been inflicted is like a punishment from God and I feel like I can't repent. Please help.

• Friendly
Reactions: HopeinHim98
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please help y'all
E-W79frVUAcqrIh.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
May The LORD Bless You and Keep You.

Upvote 0

Locke1

Nov 24, 2022
Toronto
✟8,185.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that I'm not in Chrost. I rejected Him and returned to the law and works. I desperately need help. My heart is hard, under spiritual blindness and strong delusion. I fell away as per Hebrews 6:4-6. I cannot be renewed to repentance is what scripture says. I'm earnestly trying to repent but my heart is still hard and I'm devoid of the Spirit. Please help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

firesoforion

Nov 15, 2011
✟11,556.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you had walked away from God in an irreparable manner, you would not feel any desire to go back to Him. Repent, turn to Jesus, pray, read your Bible and go to Church. You will get back to where you want to be, but it will take some effort both to re-immerse yourselves in those truths and get rid of old mental habits (the flesh does affect us, after all).

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that I'm not in Chrost. I rejected Him and returned to the law and works. I desperately need help. My heart is hard, under spiritual blindness and strong delusion. I fell away as per Hebrews 6:4-6. I cannot be renewed to repentance is what scripture says. I'm earnestly trying to repent but my heart is still hard and I'm devoid of the Spirit. Please help.
What exactly did you do. From the very beginning.
Have you ever professed Jesus as the only begotten Son of GOD?
Only asking because communication can be a problem at times

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you had walked away from God in an irreparable manner, you would not feel any desire to go back to Him. Repent, turn to Jesus, pray, read your Bible and go to Church. You will get back to where you want to be, but it will take some effort both to re-immerse yourselves in those truths and get rid of old mental habits (the flesh does affect us, after all).
100%
Fell away myself, nearly 7yrs.
The LORD called me back. So he had me in prayer so I begged him to let me cry until he put his sorrow upon me and I Wept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray for the holy spirit to fill you and soften your heart, ask the holy spirit to guide you to the truth, which is Christ. There is no better way to turn back to Christ than with the power of the holy spirit!

My fiance believed in God but not Christ, she had problems with the immaculate conception. One day we were discussing our beliefs and she said "I just want the truth" I responded "Ask the holy spirit to show you the truth" right then and there she prayed aloud "holy spirit, show me the truth." 3 days later she professed that Jesus was the son of God, she even calls herself Christian now, bought a bible, and wears a cross! There is no better way to find Christ than through the power of the holy spirit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what these verses are really saying though? That God will refuse your repentance? I am not a Biblical scholar, but it doesn’t clearly say “God refuses those who repent”, so I’m not sure I would take it that way?

John 3:16 also does not say “For whosoever believeth in me, except for those who turned away and repented and returned to the faith, shall not perish…”

It does not sound like you are fully rejecting God and/or turning to other “gods”. You are just working through what you believe. That is okay. I think it is even okay to have doubts from time to time. It’s full rejection of God that would be a bigger concern.

I encourage you to use Biblical scholars to understand these verses. People who can interpret via the original languages of the Bible, in the context it was written in.

It changed my life to do this. Otherwise I was putting my own subjective spin on verses that I was unknowingly cherry picking, and I got so many things wrong.

Upvote 0