• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I had a heart attack

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
February (2015) I was eating at McDonalds (I was having coffee and yogurt that I brought in) and I screamed out "I'm having a heart attack". I felt tightness in my chest. I couldn't breath for several minutes and I had a severe pain in the middle of my chest. The EMTs came but I didn't end up going in the ambulance because I was feeling better by the time they came and I didn't want to pay for the ambulance myself. I was in the process of moving at the time so after I moved to Henderson, Nevada a few days later I went into the ER to get checked out. They did some tests on me and they said that they couldn't find anything wrong. It was later suggested that maybe I had an anxiety/panic attack.

Lately I have been noticing that I have been having some spasms in the center of my chest which is the same area I had pain when I had the attack. I'm concerned that I may have some sort of a blockage.

For about 6 months I was consuming abnormal amounts of milk and yogurt (calcium). About a half gallon of milk a day. I later learned that too much calcium is bad for your heart and arteries.

What should I do? Thank you for your input.

Also, I was 37 years old at the time of the attack.

Last edited:

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
February (2015) I was eating at McDonalds (I was having coffee and yogurt that I brought in) and I screamed out "I'm having a heart attack". I felt tightness in my chest. I couldn't breath for several minutes and I had a severe pain in the middle of my chest. The EMTs came but I didn't end up going in the ambulance because I was feeling better by the time they came and I didn't want to pay for the ambulance myself. I was in the process of moving at the time so after I moved to Henderson, Nevada a few days later I went into the ER to get checked out. They did some tests on me and they said that they couldn't find anything wrong. It was later suggested that maybe I had an anxiety/panic attack.

Lately I have been noticing that I have been having some spasms in the center of my chest which is the same area I had pain when I had the attack. I'm concerned that I may have some sort of a blockage.

For about 6 months I was consuming abnormal amounts of milk and yogurt (calcium). About a half gallon of milk a day. I later learned that too much calcium is bad for your heart and arteries.

Medical advice should not be given here.
Most of us are not qualified Doctors and even those who are cannot advise without a full and proper diagnosis.
It is true that too much calcium can simulate heart attack.
That is because calcium is used by a muscle to contract.
It needs to be balanced with magnesium, which is used by a muscle to relax.
It may be just an imbalance but why risk it?
See a qualified doctor and do not rely on websites.

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Chest pain could be caused by a myriad of different things and too many to mention.

It goes without saying, you should seek medical advice and the doctor would likely recommend a thorough cardiac workup, to rule out heart problems.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
071819e0cc1358a956d0a5da4e2bd8ae.jpg

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I hope you recognize your first problem- You eat at McDonalds...

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The symptoms of a heart attach are many and varied. and Women are different than men.

I'd be suspicious (since the symptoms "Went Away") that it wan't a "Heart attack", BUT the only REAL DIAGNOSTIC procedure that will reliably reveal "blockages" is the Angiogram (cardiac Catheterization) - which turns into an "Angioplasty" if they FIND a blockage, and open it with a balloon and leave a stent to keep it open.

I passed a walking stress test about a month before my FIRST Heart attack - which, After an Angiogram, turned rapidly into a Quad bypass. Turns out I'd been HAVING Symptoms (which NOW I'd recognize immediately) for months, but thought they were related to respiratory distress.

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Heartburn is more likely. I get acid reflux from drinking coffee. Also, eating too much calcium affects the heart- palpitations etc. However, they checked your blood and found no abnormalities. I believe you had heartburn. A heart attack does not improve with time by itself. You may have had severe heartburn causing you to have an anxiety attack. They may be right. But, for your own peace of mind, please seek advice from a physician, that is, a primary care physician- family doctor or internist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I was 36 when I had a heart attack, and believe it or not, eating an eggnog shake at Mcdonalds waiting for my wife to get off work. I felt tightness in my chest that was out of the norm, it felt like an elephant on my chest, after waiting and hoping it would go away, I told my wife that I probably needed to go the emergency room. I ended up with two stints in my heart. From what I understand the valve they call the "widow maker" was 100% blocked, and I had a 75% blockage in another. From what I understand, the EKG revealed that I had suffered previous damage to my heart, mini heart attacks is how I recall them being described. However, they nearly could not find the blockages in my heart. Before going into surgery, I remember the uncertainty the feeling this could be the end. My wife was a mess, but she stayed with me the whole time. It happened about six years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since we are talking about heart, why don’t we pray about the heart:

Abba Father,
I pay attention to what You are saying.
Abba Father,
I incline my ear to Your words.
Abba Father,
I keep Your words deep in my heart.
For I find Your words are life
For I find Your words are health to my being.
Above everything else, I guard my heart, for it is the source of life’s consequences.
Amen- Proverbs 4:20-23

GBU

Upvote 0