• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I think I had a heart attack

Discussion in 'Cardiology & Blood Pressure Issues' started by GracetotheHumble, Mar 8, 2016.

1. GracetotheHumble

GracetotheHumble Theology of the Cross

+299
    Lutheran
    Single
    February (2015) I was eating at McDonalds (I was having coffee and yogurt that I brought in) and I screamed out "I'm having a heart attack". I felt tightness in my chest. I couldn't breath for several minutes and I had a severe pain in the middle of my chest. The EMTs came but I didn't end up going in the ambulance because I was feeling better by the time they came and I didn't want to pay for the ambulance myself. I was in the process of moving at the time so after I moved to Henderson, Nevada a few days later I went into the ER to get checked out. They did some tests on me and they said that they couldn't find anything wrong. It was later suggested that maybe I had an anxiety/panic attack.

Lately I have been noticing that I have been having some spasms in the center of my chest which is the same area I had pain when I had the attack. I'm concerned that I may have some sort of a blockage.

For about 6 months I was consuming abnormal amounts of milk and yogurt (calcium). About a half gallon of milk a day. I later learned that too much calcium is bad for your heart and arteries.

What should I do? Thank you for your input.

Also, I was 37 years old at the time of the attack.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Merlin

Merlin Paradigm Buster

+796
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Medical advice should not be given here.
    Most of us are not qualified Doctors and even those who are cannot advise without a full and proper diagnosis.
    It is true that too much calcium can simulate heart attack.
    That is because calcium is used by a muscle to contract.
    It needs to be balanced with magnesium, which is used by a muscle to relax.
    It may be just an imbalance but why risk it?
    See a qualified doctor and do not rely on websites.

3. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+9,288
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Chest pain could be caused by a myriad of different things and too many to mention.

It goes without saying, you should seek medical advice and the doctor would likely recommend a thorough cardiac workup, to rule out heart problems.

4. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,387
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

5. Bobinator

Bobinator Senior Member

+121
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I hope you recognize your first problem- You eat at McDonalds...

6. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,387
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    So what was the bad food they were eating the Coffee or the Yogurt

7. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+188
    Charismatic
    Married

8. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+188
    Charismatic
    Married
    The symptoms of a heart attach are many and varied. and Women are different than men.

I'd be suspicious (since the symptoms "Went Away") that it wan't a "Heart attack", BUT the only REAL DIAGNOSTIC procedure that will reliably reveal "blockages" is the Angiogram (cardiac Catheterization) - which turns into an "Angioplasty" if they FIND a blockage, and open it with a balloon and leave a stent to keep it open.

I passed a walking stress test about a month before my FIRST Heart attack - which, After an Angiogram, turned rapidly into a Quad bypass. Turns out I'd been HAVING Symptoms (which NOW I'd recognize immediately) for months, but thought they were related to respiratory distress.

9. blessedbethyname101

blessedbethyname101 Well-Known Member

+260
    Baptist
    Celibate
    Heartburn is more likely. I get acid reflux from drinking coffee. Also, eating too much calcium affects the heart- palpitations etc. However, they checked your blood and found no abnormalities. I believe you had heartburn. A heart attack does not improve with time by itself. You may have had severe heartburn causing you to have an anxiety attack. They may be right. But, for your own peace of mind, please seek advice from a physician, that is, a primary care physician- family doctor or internist.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  10. Apologetic_Warrior

Apologetic_Warrior Saved by Grace through Faith

+580
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I was 36 when I had a heart attack, and believe it or not, eating an eggnog shake at Mcdonalds waiting for my wife to get off work. I felt tightness in my chest that was out of the norm, it felt like an elephant on my chest, after waiting and hoping it would go away, I told my wife that I probably needed to go the emergency room. I ended up with two stints in my heart. From what I understand the valve they call the "widow maker" was 100% blocked, and I had a 75% blockage in another. From what I understand, the EKG revealed that I had suffered previous damage to my heart, mini heart attacks is how I recall them being described. However, they nearly could not find the blockages in my heart. Before going into surgery, I remember the uncertainty the feeling this could be the end. My wife was a mess, but she stayed with me the whole time. It happened about six years ago.