• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I think I committed the unpardonable sin

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by LostChildinTheMidst, Aug 11, 2017.

1. LostChildinTheMidst

LostChildinTheMidst Member

+301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    When I was about 12/13 I was at a church conference and there was a guy who I guess was filled with the Holy Spirit, dancing and you know doing what a spirit-filled person would do. And I started laughing and when I went home I mocked his moves to make my sister laugh, I did this with another guy too, he was touched with the spirit but the way he was acting made me laugh so I mocked him to make my friends laugh and they started doing this as well. All the while I knew about the sin. Now I'm sitting here thinking about it. And now I think I'm subject to eternal condemnation. I must've died then spiritually, and that is probably why I keep falling now. I cannot be redeemed. There is no chance for me, I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I should commit suicide or not. I don't know. man I wish I never did it. I hope who ever is reading this learns from me. Don't do what I did.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,595
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Stop it. God is able to redeem anyone, at any time in their lives, with any history, of any combination of sins. The Christian life is not a cakewalk. It's a lot of failing and repenting and failing again and repenting again with some occasional improvement. Don't expect perfection of yourself. Just expect to fall down and get up again. That's very normal. The alternative is worse, to fall and not get up. God is incredibly forgiving, and that is because of the love He has for you. You are not condemned but loved. Accept it. Over and over again even.

3. Dynasty101

Dynasty101 New Member

+4
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Don't commit suicide, please!

4. LostChildinTheMidst

+301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No but I messed up by doing this. I did a very bad thing.

5. LostChildinTheMidst

+301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I won't commit suicide, but I don't see a point of living. You get my point? I'm indulging in a worldly lifestyle but what's the point if I lost God

6. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+2,934
    Messianic
    Single
    I can confidently assure you that you should most definitely NOT commit suicide. Someone who has committed the unpardonable sin is not concerned with whether they have committed it, so if you are concerned, then you have not committed it. The unpardonable sin is unpardonable because it stems from an unrepentant heart. At no point in the Bible did God ever refuse to forgive anyone who repented, but rather God is always waiting with open arms for us to repent.

7. Kit Sigmon

Kit Sigmon Well-Known Member

+1,271
    Christian
    In Relationship
    That isn't the unpardonable sin...read your Bible
    ...like in Mark 3:22-30, Matthew 12:22-32.

Mark 3:28-30...Jesus says:
    “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 for they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

You see the Pharisees saw the miracles that Jesus did and were saying Jesus be
    empowered by the devil...which is a lie.
    Jesus be empowered by the Holy Spirit of God.
    Those religious leaders knew the prophesies and that Jesus was fulfilling them, they rejected Jesus as their Messiah....and so continued in their unbelief.
    Those Pharisees are the ones who also sought out ways to have Jesus put to death.
    By rejecting Jesus as Messiah, there be no hope for the Pharisees...they die in their unbelief...their sins not be forgiven since they rejected the Holy One of God.

When you do wrong repent of it...just like the rest of us do.
    The only One who hasn't ever sinned be Jesus.

8. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+6,815
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think your putting us on but if you have any qualms about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit then you could not have committed it. It sounds like your guilty of being rude and insensitive, shame on you. But as far as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that is a very deliberate and willful sin and people guilty of that one, are children of perdition, who would never give it a second thought.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,595
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    We've all done very bad things. The point is that God is gracious and loving and desires you nonetheless. Offers to forgive you nonetheless. Forgives you completely nonetheless. Wants you back nonetheless.

10. mark kennedy

+6,815
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'm just going to put this out there because there is a key biblical issue involved.

"This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. " And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? "And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come." (Matt. 12:23-32)
    That's the passage that tells us about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. One of the confirmations of the word of God as it was going out were the miracles. One of those miracles was casting out demons, they are saying Jesus cast out demons by the power of Satan. Jesus never turned anyone away who wanted forgiveness or mercy, I can find not one example of Jesus turning away a repentant sinner. These people had no intention of repenting of anything, they had been saying this since the Sermon on the Mount. In this case they didn't even say it, they were just thinking it. No matter how many miracles they witnessed they were never going to repent or respond in faith.

When Jesus called Judas, he was already a child of perdition, that's why after Jesus washed his feet he got up and betrayed him. The children of the Devil are those who are the opposite of being born again of the Holy Spirit. You cannot commit this sin by accident, it's when you are permanently opposed to the things of God.

A friend of mine years ago was telling me that when his grandfather died he went out into a field and blasphemed God. He was a new convert and was worried that God would never forgive him for that, I told him if you can ask forgiveness there is no way you committed this sin. I saw this guy read through the Bible over the months that followed, he made us late for work on morning because he stopped and shared the gospel with someone at a 7-11. There were a lot of homeless in the area and he never passed one by without telling them where they could get some help, sharing what change he had in his pocket.

There is a sure fire way of knowing whether or not you committed this sin. If you cannot repent and ask forgiveness maybe you did, if you can then it's impossible that you are a child of perdition

11. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,042
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    If you are wondering whether or not you have committed the unpardonable sin then you have not. I am not entirely convinced there even is such a sin.

12. mark kennedy

+6,815
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I feel you on that Jack, I'm pretty sure it's not a sin per se. It's a permanent condition of the heart.

13. LostChildinTheMidst

+301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I asked for forgiveness and I never did it again

14. mark kennedy

+6,815
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    A child of perdition would never do that. As a matter of fact what you described in the OP didn't sound anything like blasphemy, it sounded like kids acting up in church.

15. LostChildinTheMidst

+301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Alright thank you my dear friend

16. Chaplain David

Chaplain David CF Chaplain Staff Member Chaplain Supporter Recovery Team

+2,235
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Hello,

I was asked by members of staff to reply to your post. I can see how you would think that you committed grave sins, even the unpardonable sin. Some call this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But you haven't done that.

Today and in scripture, the unpardonable sin refers to people who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. Because you've accepted Christ, you did not commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Here is a good article about the unpardonable sin. After reading it I think you will agree that although you sinned by mocking other Christians, that is not the unpardonable sin. I invite you to come to the Ask a Chaplain Forum. You can talk with me or another one of our chaplains and we'll help you move forward in Christ.

As far as today, if you've never admitted your sin of mocking and condemning other Christians then I recommend that you come to God in prayer, admit your sin, and repent on it. The Lord will forgive you as it is stated in 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Now to your mention of suicide. If you are considering that as an option for yourself then I ask you to please stop doing that. Suicide is "NEVER" an option for anything. People care about you and would be absolutely shattered by it. There is a plan for your life and I know that you were created to help others and be a shining example of our Lord. You have a purpose but have been caught up in negative things.

So, as I mentioned before, come to the Ask a Chaplain Forum and we can discuss that and anything else that is bothering you. I wholeheartedly believe that we can quickly push those thoughts away and replace them with things that are righteous and holy.

Here is a telephone number for the National Suicide Help Line, a place that you can call any time of the day or night. They have trained staff and volunteers who will talk to you about your thoughts and feelings.

So let me close with a summary. You did not commit the unpardonable sin. Although you did sin against other Christians you can quickly dispose of that sin by following the lead of 1 John 1:9.

Suicide is not an option and if you have more thoughts about it then I highly recommend you call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline listed above. If you find that you cannot request help for yourself call 911 or go to the nearest ER.

We stand ready in the Ask a Chaplain Forum to give guidance and be a sounding board for you should you want that.

I pray all the best for you and ask that God bless you abundantly and help you along your path with Him.

Faithfully,

17. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+871
    Christian
    Married
    You have not committed an unpardonable sin. The cross of Jesus covers all sin from when we were born to the day we finally die. The unpardonable sin, is to reject that salvation, persistently and consistently until we no longer believe in it. While you can see the cross you can be saved.

18. Symph

Symph Active Member

+297
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That is SO not how this works. You need to step back, breathe, you are waaaaaaaay over thinking this. I don't exactly know of a verse that explains to us fully what blaspheming the holy spirit is, it's a highly debated topic, but I know for sure it's NOT what you are describing AT ALL. I personally believe that it is when someone recieves the Holy spirit themselves, enters into relationship with him, and then fully turns their back on it ON PURPOSE. Like, not because you forgot and started falling away accidentally, but because you decided following God wasn't worth it or you decided you didn't like how he leads you, and decide to go into the occult or.... basically I think it's receiving the fullness of God's spirit in a way you tangibly see and interact with, and then deciding to go apostate. I can't prove that, and it may be something a little different, but it sure as heck is not you being a 12 year old and finding a spirit filled person's dance moves funny. That's SO. NOT. IT. So do NOT do something stupid, do NOT think your life is over, God is not petty, whether or not the unforgivable sin is what I said or not, it HAS to have to do with throwing away your salvation on purpose. Because Paul says NOTHING can keep us from God's love or rob us of our salvation, that means it HAS to have to do with someone choosing to throw it away.

19. 1am3laine

1am3laine Active Member

+170
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Many people who do the unpardonable sin actually do worry unlike what a lot of people say.
    Also there is such demonic activity that can make you feel like you did the unpardonable sin when you didn't (OCD). ( Matthew 12:31-32 , Mark 3:28-30 , Luke 12:8-10 )

So if your confused, you can pray and get hands laid on you and see if you get better, if you do then of course you have NOT committed the unpardonable sin.

Ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit
    1. Call the Holy Spirit works of satan
    2. Speak against the Holy Spirit
    3. Deny the Holy Spirit
    4. Wanting to have sex with the Holy Spirit
    5. Wanting to be equal to the Holy Spirit