Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prayer is needed. I'm afraid I committed the blasphemy of the holy spirit and doubted the existence of God and thr reliability of the bible.

Hi, I'm suffering from blasphemous thoughts as well. I was watching this Christian film called "Chosen" and at the end of the EPISODE 1, I doubted that the power Jesus used to cast the demon out of the lady was really from the holy spirit and then awareness came and I started to feel guilty. I never doubted His power nor His deity. I didn't know what's happening with me. I feel like I'm under a demonic attack and it's killing my spiritual life. I sang praise songs, I red the Bible and the page went to John 14. I red the whole passage but I don't feel a thing. Doubts of the existence of God happened and now I'm getting worried I committed an unpardonable sin. I am so guilty and I feel like Im going to hell no matter what I'll do since I already did something unforgivable while watching the film. It gave me confusion and out of the blue my heart felt doubtful.

Here's a background of why I had this feeling of worry and doubt.

It started when my anxiety came back after a year of deliverance from mental health illness. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder in 2015 and it later became depression in my college years.

It was just last year when God delivered me and healed me in all aspects. I was really on fire and even enrolled in a bible college so I can get to know him more and train my faith to become stronger but my mental health illness came back and I experienced some dirty and compulsive thoughts. I'm afraid I have OCD because I kept trying to remove it by doing things beyond my limit. This anxiety remained rested until March 5, when there was a suspicious density found in my lungs xray. I was so worried that I had to leave the bible college for a week to get rest and examination. I wanted to prove that I am in urgency to get a second opinion so I left the school on Thursday when our dismissal was supposed to be on Friday. The dean of our dorm compared me to the other girls and indirectly told me that I am bothering her.

When I had my second test, I didn't feel any relief when I saw it cleared. There was this lingering feeling that I need to prove that there is something wrong in me so I get to stay in the bible college with excused reasons.

Then the lockdown in Metro Manila happened. I live in the province and so I packed up all my things and returned to our hometown. After I returned, I had this cough and muscle ache. I also had the sore throat. I was afraid I contracted the covid and spent my week worrying. I was given an antibiotic because the doctor told me it was just an infection in the throat.

While having this, I found out my
ex-boyfriend for 4 years has found someone already. It was so devastating because I am still inlove with him and he promises he'd wait for me til I graduate from the bible college.

We still talk even after finding out he has found someone and he confessed that he was trying to forget me. After a week, he left his gf and chose me but I didn't want that to happen. I was trying to process everything emotionally and mentally and I fixed my mind that I will heal from him but due to shock, I decided to accept him again but now I don't feel anything at all. I don't love him anymore and I decided to stop our relationship yesterday as I was not having a good sleep and a sound mind. I don't have the joy and peace because comparison to his ex gf made me insecure and it led to obsessive stalking.

This has been a problem.

I am so overwhelmed by all the events that is happening.

I need help, advices, from Christian perspectives

Quietus

Lost Cause
Mar 29, 2020
St. Louis
✟7,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not all of the thoughts that pop into our heads, are of us - remember that. The enemy loves to knock us down. Especially while you’re watching a show about Jesus? Of course. The last thing he wants you to do is achieve fellowship or satisfaction in consuming Christian entertainment. He wants to contaminate that as much as possible.

I noticed the same thing when I was trying to re-watch an episode of The Bible. Disgusting thoughts began to flood my mind when the guy playing Jesus came upon the screen, and I had to turn it off. It’s the enemy toying with us.

As for blaspheming the Holy Spirit, people have different interpretations of what that is, exactly. Some say that we can’t commit it now, because it pertains to the those who were accusing Jesus, to His face, of being a demon, during his ministry. Others say it is accusing the work of the Holy Spirit as being the work of the devil.

I’ll be honest, and say that I am not entirely sure. Last year I went through a three day crisis of weeping and groveling because I thought I’d blasphemed the HS. I’d sort of mentally accused a Christian performer of having a kundalini spirit, because of the way she was dancing around.

Afterward, I felt the same sort of awareness and guilt sensation that you described.

Now watching a show, you’re obviously watching actors playing parts. The actors are not literally using the Holy Spirit to cast out demons from people, they are acting it out in a performance. So, personally I don’t think that you blasphemed the Spirit of God. It’s not as though you opened the Bible, read through the gospels, and claimed that all the miracles were acts of the devil.

You also mentioned you may have OCD, and a lot of people with OCD tend to have these constant attacks and doubts in the mind. I have them a lot.

I think you’ll be fine. Just pray about it. Maybe fast for 24 hours to try to clear the head?

• Prayers
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings Faith Campbell,
Fear not, take courage, the fact that you are seeking God, praying, asking for forgiveness of your thoughts and actions shows The Holy Spirit is still working in your life. For revival can not come til there is repentance.

Be of good comfort and courage Jesus said He will never leave you or forsake you. Seek God and you shall live Scripture says draw close to God and He will draw close to you.

Never give up holdfast to your faith, persevere. You were bought with a price, The Living God will prune you that you bear fruit. His word will not come back to Him void. He will complete His work in you.

Upvote 0