ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have weaknesses but I want to be perfect in the Lord and I don't believe in all you need is faith and you'll get to heaven, no, it's faith and deeds, if you claim to have faith but no deeds then you don't have true faith, what should I do? I think I didn't listen to something that God didn't want me to do but I did it to be fulfilled

• Friendly
Reactions: Psalm 27

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have weaknesses but I want to be perfect in the Lord and I don't believe in all you need is faith and you'll get to heaven, no, it's faith and deeds, if you claim to have faith but no deeds then you don't have true faith, what should I do? I think I didn't listen to something that God didn't want me to do but I did it to be fulfilled

Hi Sis, sounds like God is calling you.

Of course we are only saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 because we are all sinners and all we can do without Jesus is sin *Romans 3:9-20; John 15:1-5; Matthew 9:12-13. Jesus says unless we are born again we cannot enter into God's kingdom *John 3:3-7 and those who are born again do not practice known unrepentant sin according to John *1 John 3:6-9 OBEDIENCE to God's Law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of forgiveness and salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow God's Word. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

The purpose of God's law (10 commandments) are to give us the knowledge of good and evil; sin and righteousness (right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. They are our schoolmaster or teacher before we come to know Jesus to lead us to Christ so we can receive God's forgiveness though faith *Galatians 3:22-25 so that we can be made free to walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4.

Some get temptation mixed up with sin. Temptation is not sin until we make it our own and give in to it. We have God's forgiveness today when we confess our sins and give them to God he promises to forgive us for our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness in 1 John 1:9. Our part is to believe God's Word and by Faith God makes it so *Matthew 21:22. Everyone has temptations to sin and sin comes to the mind before it takes place in action. That is why we need to be born again and given a new heart to love and be cleansed from the inside out.

This of course is the work of a lifetime because there are sins we know about and sins we do not know about but as we grow in faith in Gods' Word God guides us to know what is sin and what is not. There will always be temptation to sin until we die. It is not God's will that we sin but it is written in "My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous *1 John 2:1.

When temptation comes we are to draw near to God in prayer *Mark 14:38 and he will draw near to us *James 4:8. We are to cleanse our minds when temptation comes by casting down all thoughts and imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and bring into captivity every thought the obedience of God's Word *2 Corinthians 10:5.

Jesus promises in if we continue in His Word by faith *1 John 5:3-4 he will set us free from our sin *John 8:31-36. To be made partakers of the divine nature God has given us exceeding great and precious promise that are ours when we believe them *1 Peter 1:4; 1 John 5:4. So the key to fighting temptation? When temptation comes to your thoughts that is where the battle starts, draw near to God in prayer and he will draw near to you. Submit yourselves therefore to God though believing his Word. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you *James 4:7.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hello Seeker of Truth, people who have commented already have probably shared very helpful information. Just would like to comment on your faith plus deeds.

The work (deed) of God is to believe on the one whom he had sent. Your heart will change into a love for him, and if we pay attention to what the Lord Jesus Christ has spoken. We see that we are invited into a prayer life with God, in which we can pray for all the people we know and love. Also the works are this love. Because God is love, and Jesus Christ is from God, and is an exact expression of God.

What would you say that work (deed) is really to do?

We wont be perfect in this life but we should understand we are forgiven, and we are invited into a new life by the spirit that God give through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Keep on fighting, never give up searching for perfection. You and me both. Ive just been reading ‘Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled’ He will complete (perfect) the good work He has started in you...
Numbers 6:24-26

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe it is because of our mind and the spirit how they fight one another. They are forces that are always constantly fighting, I believe we can build up the spirit the more we get the word of God in us.

Yesterday though my mind was clouded with struggle just like everyone else sometimes has, sometimes it feels really lonely in this world, maybe you lose a friend or they don't put much effort into having a relationship with you while you try. It's part of the suffering, but we gotta keep strong and remember God loves them too, pray for them, and God loves us as well, and desires us to have peace.

Tribulations are going to come and go, like storms, sometimes storms are just simple showers. They all come by and pass. The sun starts shining again. (Mindset can say stay down but the spirit says enjoy the peace, and love, keep praying and be thankful regardless.)

Great question thank you sister.

@Psalm 27 : Just got reminded what I forgot, perfect we can be actually the word perfect in greek stands for mature. Hope this helps. We can be mature (perfect) in our faith. ( I could be wrong )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I believe it is because of our mind and the spirit how they fight one another. They are forces that are always constantly fighting, I believe we can build up the spirit the more we get the word of God in us.

Yesterday though my mind was clouded with struggle just like everyone else sometimes has, sometimes it feels really lonely in this world, maybe you lose a friend or they don't put much effort into having a relationship with you while you try. It's part of the suffering, but we gotta keep strong and remember God loves them too, pray for them, and God loves us as well, and desires us to have peace.

Tribulations are going to come and go, like storms, sometimes storms are just simple showers. They all come by and pass. The sun starts shining again. (Mindset can say stay down but the spirit says enjoy the peace, and love, keep praying and be thankful regardless.)

Great question thank you sister.

@Psalm 27 : Just got reminded what I forgot, perfect we can be actually the word perfect in greek stands for mature. Hope this helps. We can be mature (perfect) in our faith. ( I could be wrong )
Agreed. Faith in what He has done for me/us is everything...I also believe that we can be free from sin, in this life. I’m not there yet, obviously, but hope springs...sorry about yesterday’s struggle btw :)

Upvote 0