Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, I'm almost 42 and I still live with my parents. My Dad starts complaining about everything. He is a grumpy old man. My mom may be disorganized and messy, but she is nicer than him. I need to clean the house, mom said it was dusty. She has a mess in the house, mom is a pack rat, she saves stuff that should be thrown away. I do a lot of work to help them out in the house. I hope we can get the house clean and looking nice, with enough room for a litter box, because I want a live cat for Christmas, a pet kitty! I've had a cat before, they can be sweet and lovable.

We had hurricane Ian attack our place, it was mostly the yard, our trees were damaged. So I helped out my dad gather up the fallen branches and sticks. My dad really worked hard cleaning up the yard, gathering all the branches and making the trees look better. I am glad my flowers are blooming again. I have a rose bush and a glad it looks like it had recovered from the hurricane. I also have some hibiscus bushes blooming again. I heard a lot of places were damaged from hurricane Ian. I am not sure what to do to help. Prayer would always help.

Sometimes I feel like my parents are pulling me into 2 different directions, like a wishbone.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm almost 42 and I still live with my parents. My Dad starts complaining about everything. He is a grumpy old man. My mom may be disorganized and messy, but she is nicer than him. I need to clean the house, mom said it was dusty. She has a mess in the house, mom is a pack rat, she saves stuff that should be thrown away. I do a lot of work to help them out in the house. I hope we can get the house clean and looking nice, with enough room for a litter box, because I want a live cat for Christmas, a pet kitty! I've had a cat before, they can be sweet and lovable.

We had hurricane Ian attack our place, it was mostly the yard, our trees were damaged. So I helped out my dad gather up the fallen branches and sticks. My dad really worked hard cleaning up the yard, gathering all the branches and making the trees look better. I am glad my flowers are blooming again. I have a rose bush and a glad it looks like it had recovered from the hurricane. I also have some hibiscus bushes blooming again. I heard a lot of places were damaged from hurricane Ian. I am not sure what to do to help. Prayer would always help.

Sometimes I feel like my parents are pulling me into 2 different directions, like a wishbone.
My community was hit by Hurricane Charley in 2004 and Hurricane Ian in 2022. I evacuated across Alligator Alley to Pompano Beach. I returned to find the power was out and my water shut off after an outdoor spigot was broken off. There is extensive damage. I have a blue tarp on my roof. Carports, lanais and sheds were blown away. Carports fell on cars. Trees fell on houses. A carport was on top of a house roof. A tree uprooted tearing out my neighbor’s water supply line. I am on a waiting list for a new mfg home. My park is above the flood zone. The newer manufactured homes are built to stricter standards and were less likely to be damaged except roof and carport damage.

My mother died in a nursing home last year. My dad is in assisted living. They were without running water for days. Some of the nurses lost their homes and are staying in assisted living rooms. One of my brothers has a vacation home he was renovating hoping to rent it out on Airbnb. Water flooded the bottom unfurnished floor of his three story home. He and his father in law drove south and started cutting away wet drywall. My other brother and his wife a ski area condo in the north they use as a summer home. They have a damaged lanai.

I was supposed to get another hip operation the day they closed the hospital for everything except emergencies as a hurricane approached. The roof blew off and it flooded forcing an evacuation. Part of the hospital reopened this week. Yesterday I used my crutches to go to the same barbershop I have been going to for years. The new owner had not seen me for awhile as I learned to cut my own hair during the pandemic. He took over the barber shop after Barbara died during the pandemic. People were telling hurricane stories. I sat in a chair while a barber from Vietnam with a thick accent cut my hair shorter than I wanted. She did not talk much. Roy is gone. Tony was not there. He is from Italy and has a thick accent.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I live with my folks as well. I am now my parent's age when I was a kid in the 80s. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that because they seemed older somehow than I feel about myself during that time. I thank God for joining them together in marriage in 1974 as we are such a happy family here. My mother is now very old, and I fear the younger version of her are now in my memory and archival footage of Super 8 mm movies I took as a child. Until she's in her glorified body, seeing her get older and deteriorate through aging is hard with me. My dad has not shown as much signs of age-related degration, he has other health issues, but it's just hard to see my mother like that and miss how she was earlier this year and the last decade even.

Upvote 0