Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...but sit on the flag if I forgot to bring a blanket.

lololol

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg

https://deadspin.com/jets-fan-who-stands-for-national-anthem-sits-on-america-1819512033

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I think this picture shows how cynical and cheap the "I stand for mah flag" bluster is. We violate flag code all the time, but nobody cares until black (what a coincidence) football players kneel during the anthem.
Ringo

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I think this picture shows how cynical and cheap the "I stand for mah flag" bluster is. We violate flag code all the time, but nobody cares until black (what a coincidence) football players kneel during the anthem.
Ringo
Black football players or white football players, it would have resulted in the same outrage.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Black football players or white football players, it would have resulted in the same outrage.

Oh of course it would. Of course.

Can I interest you in some exciting waterfront real estate?
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh of course it would. Of course.

Can I interest you in some exciting waterfront real estate?
Ringo
Lol. What's your theory about why they fly jet fighters over stadiums during football anthems? Why a military presence gets combined with sporting events a lot? It's just a question me and my one friend aways wonder about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like a towel or blanket with the flag printed on it, not an actual flag.

The words “flag, standard, colors, or ensign”, as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America. --
4 U.S. Code § 3 - Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag

Reactions: jax5434
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol. What's your theory about why they fly jet fighters over stadiums during football anthems? Why a military presence gets combined with sporting events a lot? It's just a question me and my one friend aways wonder about.

Honestly? If I'm not mistaken, a lot of that started after 9/11. I'm not completely comfortable with it. Honoring the military I don't mind, but the martial presence is a bit too towards the fascistic for me.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Honestly? If I'm not mistaken, a lot of that started after 9/11. I'm not completely comfortable with it. Honoring the military I don't mind, but the martial presence is a bit too towards the fascistic for me.
Ringo
I'm with you in that I have respect for the soldiers. But I sometimes feel shady about the puppet masters. I would have different feelings about jet fighters over a football game prior to Eisenhower's farewell address, when he told us that we are becoming a military industrial complex. Although not all military actions today are shady, but I'm much more skeptical about our post WW2 military.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Because america is all about the military industrial complex.Edit

And you might as well use them, it's not like those fighter jets will ever fire a shot in actual combat.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Lol. What's your theory about why they fly jet fighters over stadiums during football anthems? Why a military presence gets combined with sporting events a lot?

The Department of Defense pays a lot of money in exchange for being allowed to advertise before the start of games like that.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And now one has commented on the greater crime! Drinking beer with a straw:eek:
That's propably american beer. Why else would they feel the need to write "brew" on the cup to remind him what he's drinking? I'm pretty sure that drinking water through a straw is okay.

Upvote 0