Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

'Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.' — Jeremiah 17:8-9

'And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.' — Psalm 1:3

I'll confess to having discovered the song through watching Mr. Mercedes, but it has really touched me and I thought it needs to be shared.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

'Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.' — Jeremiah 17:8-9

'And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.' — Psalm 1:3

I'll confess to having discovered the song through watching Mr. Mercedes, but it has really touched me and I thought it needs to be shared.

I have no idea who Mr. Mercedes is but I am familiar with Mississippi John Hurt. Although his music is mostly secular, just like others of his time , he would often delve into the realm of Christian oriented themes.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is beautiful! Thank you. If I recall correctly, at least part of the words were used in civil rights protests in the 60s. Yes, I am old. :)

Yes I thought so too, though the lyrics were changed to "we shall not be moved".

I like the spiritual version above though - it's so serene and yet powerful in its message. I have been looking for more like that, as opposed to the contemporary songs. Maybe it's one of a kind, though.

Upvote 0