I see these orbs of light at night in my room....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I looked at Max's site, too and... sorry, but those are lens flares. It's like showing me a tree and telling me its an Ent. No.. it's a tree. I know because I've seen a million of them. Just like we've all seen countless lens flares from flash photography. I didn't see a single photo on that site that included an "orb" and claimed to have NOT used a flash on the camera!

Someone else said in another post (the one about the cat jumping to the husband, sorry I forgot the poster's name) that it was "clear" that the orbs in the photo weren't from the camera. How was it "clear" exactly?

I mean, just a quick Google search for "lens flare" brings up dozens of cool, interesting, even beautiful images of flashes, orbs, rainbows of light, etc. If you wanted to see that as an angel in a photo, all you'd have to do is tell yourself that it's an angel.

"Orbs" on photos can be caused by dust particles, tiny drops of moisture, angles of sunlight, and a hundred other things.

God is not the author of confusion. Why would He confuse His own children in this way? It doesn't add up, IMHO.

I'm not discounting the real-life accounts given here. I don't know what those people saw with their own eyes. I'm just addressing the photo issue with this post. I also think it's interesting that so many of these pentecostal/charismatic "ministries" always have expensive items for sale, and are quick to ask for donations. A quick online search shows his assets at right around 1 million dollars. Not too shabby, eh Max?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear OP: For what possible purpose would God send you orbs that you think might be angels? That was rhetorical.

When I was sixteen I experienced all kinds of crazy things every night for months. The time between turning off my light and falling asleep was pure hell- not to mention what occurred after I fell asleep. It was terrifying and oppressive. I saw things. It eventually went away when I called on the name of the Lord.

Do you know how many people also claim to see good things too? I don't doubt it. However- Satan masquerades as a angel of light as well. So many people have fallen into spiritual delusion this way.

Be they dreams or visions, it is never a sin to ignore such things, no matter how Godly you may think them to be. It is actually spiritually dangerous to give these types of things too much attention. Always turn to God and give Him the glory. Always be mindful that you are a sinner in need of repentance. When you think that you've been given special dreams and visions, you've already fallen into deception.

Here are some prayers and quotations regarding this topic:

The wicked one, on the watch, carried me off as booty as I lazily
slept. He led my mind into error; he plundered my spirit and snatched
away The wealth of Thy grace, this arch robber.
So raise me up, as I am fallen, and summon me, Saviour,
Thou who dost will that all men be saved. ~Kontakia of St. Romanos, A Prayer.
O Lord our God, in Whom we believe and Whose Name we invoke above every name, grant us preparing for sleep relaxation of soul and body, and keep us from all dreams and dark pleasures. Stop the rushing of passions, and quench the burning of bodily tensions. Grant us to live chastely in word and act, that we may live a life of heroic virtue and not fall away from Thy promised blessings. For Thou art blessed for ever. Amen. ~Prayer- Jordanville Prayer book

Even if an angel should indeed appear to you, do not receive him
but humiliate yourself, saying, 'I am not worthy to see an angel,
for I am a sinner.' ~Apophthegmata Patrum
We should zealously cultivate watchfulness, my brethren; and when,
our mind purified in Christ Jesus, we are exalted by the vision it
confers, we should review our sins and our former life, so that
shattered and humbled at the thought of them we may never lose the
help of Jesus Christ our God in the invisible battle. ~St. Hesychius the Presbyter

Even a pious person is not immune to spiritual sickness if he does
not have a wise guide -- either a living person or a spiritual
writer. This sickness is called _prelest_, or spiritual delusion,
imagining oneself to be near to God and to the realm of the divine
and supernatural. Even zealous ascetics in monasteries are
sometimes subject to this delusion, but of course, laymen who are
zealous in external struggles (podvigi) undergo it much more
frequently. Surpassing their acquaintances in struggles of prayer
and fasting, they imagine that they are seers of divine visions,
or at least of dreams inspired by grace. In every event of their
lives, they see special intentional directions from God or their
guardian angel. And then they start imagining that they are God's
elect, and often try to foretell the future. The Holy Fathers
armed themselves against nothing so fiercely as against this
sickness -- prelest. ~Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky
"The demons have also the following trick. They cry out the names of those whom they know to have none of the merits of holiness and to possess none of the fruits of the Spirit. They pretend to be burnt up by the merits of such people and to take flight from the bodies of the possessed.

Deuteronomy has this to say about such persons: 'If a prophet should arise among you or a man claiming visionary dreams, and if he foretells a sign and a portent, and if what he says should actually happen, and if he should say to you, "Let us go and follow strange gods who are unknown to you and let us serve them," do not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. For the Lord your God is putting you to the test, bringing out into the open whether or not you love Him with all your heart and with all your should (Deuteronomy 13: 1 - 3).

And in the gospel he says this: 'Fake Christs and fake prophets will rise up and they will perform great signs and wonders so that if possible even the chosen will be led into error' (Matthew 24:24)." ~REF:St. John Cassian, "Conferences," - (Trans Colm Luibheid, New York: Paulist Press, 1985), pp. 174 - 176

Upvote 0

willlowbee

Life Is Hard! Hug me!
Jul 3, 2013
✟1,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend an appointment with an ophthalmologist. They test for diseases of the eyes. This can be early onset of Macular degeneration.

While 'orbs' captured on still photos or in video, are dust particles super highlighted by the lens and the light in the film process.

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would avoid looking into it further. if there is peace in your house and in your life be content and happy with it. If you prayed for the ability to see then maybe you have the sight.

Continue to pray and be ever vigilant against the enemy through prayer in the name of JESUS the son of GOD.

Sometimes we yearn and yearn to see, then when we finally do we are unable to go back. Life is never quite the same, sometimes this is a blessing, sometimes it may not be.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lol I remember this documentery from back in the day. It was about them flying things you sometimes see. Like a small stick of light. Often you'll catch them on video. They called them Rods.

They had like the cheezyest introduction host for the programme with this really dramatic accent.

And the introduction music was really OTT.

So it would go... DADAD DADA DA DA DA RODS!

:D

Ahh funny...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

Kingsdotter

For those who are wondering I haven't seen the orbs for probably a few months now... I still am debating in my head as to what they are but to be honest I really don't know.
All I know is that God is not the author of confusion and we should ask Him to give us all wisdom concerning this...

First of, i suggest you get your eyes checked. It could be a detachment of you retina. I used to see bubbles floating about, I was tempted to think it was something demonic until I discovered it was my retina.
If you get your eyes checked and you do not have any problems, then change your room. If there is a demonic presence in the room, it shouldn't move out with you. Then PRAY! Ask your Pastor or Priest to pray with you too. If the orbs are from God He will not leave you in suspence, you will know why He sent them to you, for God does not do things without purpose. God bless you.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've seen many people talk about orbs at night. And I've never seen biblical evidence that is has anything do with God/devil/angel....whatever. Usually its vision related. Such as a vision issue. Or if you are someone that stares at a screen alot, and even more so before bed. Then you go to bed your eyes will be for lack of better words messed up and you will see kinds of weird things like balls, streaks, flashes...etc. I see it all at night because I spend to much time in front of a screen whether it be tv, phone, monitor...etc.

Upvote 0

VictoriousInChrist

Jun 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟7,621.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am southern African dark skinned. When I was aged 2 to 6 I lived in the village with my father's family before moving back with my mum. During that time perhaps age 4 to 6 I remember I saw a lot of things that other people could not see. One of the was these round floating balls of light. They were as most people describe here , that is blue or pale purple and white. I always saw them and because I was a quiet child I did not ask anybody. One day I and some children (10 or so) were left in the care of one of my aunties ( I assume she was that although she could have been someone asked to look after the children). On that day I remember we were all walking to somewhere (nursery school ?). It could have been about 10am, the sun hadn't started to burn and we were wearing sun hats. We stopped n were stood in a line and I don't know how I ended up facing the other kids from across them. I think I was standing next to the auntie. As I looked at the line of kids I saw there were many of these balls of light. They were hovering gently very close to the children. They were above their heads, on the ends of the line and also hovering up n down near the middle like around the children's knees. At that moment I remembered to ask the auntie. I asked her what those things were. She asked me what I meant and I described them in my language (of course) as best as I could. I distinctly remember her not answering me. She never said a word of it. I still am not sure what that was. But I stopped seeing them on that day. I never saw them when I came back to town to live with my mum. Also when I saw them on that day my vision was healthy n clear and the light of the sun was not playing tricks. I sort of had my back to the sun if that makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have seen orbs before in person a few times. Nothing has ever happened due to it and I tended to brush off seeing them and went back to what I was doing.

I pray to keep my house clean of bad spirits and so far nothing has happened so just pray for protection. It should work and if the orbs are still there then perhaps they are not bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

astral22

Oct 3, 2018
texas
✟17,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see this is an old thread. I was searching for experiences or gifts like this. I only want to say that I see blue lights as bright spots on daily basis and I don't have a medical condition. I wasn't sure what they were but I've never sensed anything negative about them. I did ask for God to send me His angels to protect me and I believe my discernment about it is right.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have seen this lights or orbs ,but not in a room,but in the sky.. They were really bright and moving in weird shapes like 8 form or like two orbs in circle for few hours and then just dissapear.. or like triangle shape 7 orbs.. or once 40 of them. But they were like, white,bluesh or yellow/white colors. But not black.. But for some reason i felt fear,but it might be just because it something supernatural. Couple of times i prayed for God to see UFOs or this lights...

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You may also want to have your eyes checked, they could be caused by a Retina that's Detaching.
Detached Retina - AllAboutVision.com

You're right. It happened to my brother a few years back. If one by the way has the symptoms that you Protector have described they need to get to the hospital quickly. They should never never wait for a few days to see if it gets better. They need to get to the hospital immediately!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.