I saw this and thought of all of you....

Late_Cretaceous

<font color="#880000" ></font&g
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
✟18,025.00
Faith
Catholic
The basic premise of this video is that life is somehow unnatural. Accordingly, ordinary matter is incapable of being assembled by natural forces into living biomass.

Yet, when we look at life on Earth we see that it is indeed composed of ordinary matter. There is nothing unique about the molecules that make up our bodies. None of the complex chemical interactions that occur in the process of life violate any of the basic principals of ordinary chemical reactions. Life, at the molecular level, does not violate any laws of chemistry of physics. It is just hightly organized.

This video also equates abiogenesis with athiesm.
I am not an athiest, but I have no problem with the concept of abiogenesis. Life does not defey nature, as this video suggests, it is a natrual consequence of nature (in my view).

My question to those who support the notions in this video is...
"why do you think life is unnatural?", and " why do you think God is incapable of creating a universe in which ordinary matter and energy can combine via natrual processes to become life?".
Afterall, if God made the universe - why would He be required to tinker with it to make it work according to His will.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

That would be a hilarious misrepresentation of evolution, were it not for the fact that it is being used to brainwash children by passing off lies as fact. Christians so often use the idea of "protecting the children" when they battle against abortion or same-sex marriage, and yet seem to have no problem manipulating and molesting children's minds with falsities when it suits their delusions. Disgusting and irresponsible.

Reactions: Dannager
Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Probably the best example of a straw man fallacy ever.

strawmanft8.jpg

Reactions: Dannager
Upvote 0

OdwinOddball

Atheist Water Fowl
Jan 3, 2006
Birmingham, AL
✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What was the point in that clip . . . a watch couldn't have assembled itself by chance therefore evolution is false??? Am I the only person to whom that makes no sense at all?

No, not at all. I don't think most of us drank the right fruit punch this monring.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Will the poster ever be back to see the comments made? Will the poster ever comment on replies? Lower probablility that a watch assembling itself.

I predict her post will magically write, er...assemble, itself in 5, 4, 3, ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mary_Magdalene

AKA..Godschosengirl
Feb 3, 2004
✟30,328.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

I am so glad you enjoyed it. Just a mod here who reads alot of your thoughts but doesnt get to comment due to time restraints.

just a lighthearted post~something a friend sent to me which I will use during homeschool.

I love you all and so does God!! :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Lord_Marx

Apr 19, 2006
✟16,421.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
just a lighthearted post~something a friend sent to me which I will use during homeschool.

I'll be praying that you'll use it to teach religion to your kid(s) and not science...:prayer:

Upvote 0

Elduran

Disruptive influence
May 19, 2005
✟9,830.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone!

I am so glad you enjoyed it. Just a mod here who reads alot of your thoughts but doesnt get to comment due to time restraints.

At least give them decent arguments for and against your own personal views rather than relying on someone else's shoddy attempt at propaganda, which is all that video clip is good for.

Watches are not self replicating with mutation and selection. Watches do not have only a few ways of combining whcih have a fairly high individual probability of occuring naturally (i.e. unlike chemicals, which are predisposed to combining in certain ways and achieving stability in new forms). As such, this is a shockingly bad analogy that anyone with a decent level of scientific understanding should immediately dismiss, possibly with a laugh as they do.

As I recall, this clip didn't go down well the other time it was posted either...

Upvote 0