I respect your imagination, your preference, your proclivity, your affinity, but...

Is there a species that would encourage you to be a better Evolutionist?

• Yes, I could be a better monkey if I believed Elephants had distinction

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, I could be better for a number of reasons, with lesser place for monkeys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, seeing another animal in people besides monkeys might help

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, the only way I can improve is by believing my monkiness will stay as it is

• No, I don't even think different monkeys make a difference

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
... I fundamentally can't draw a connection in stages between micro and macro Evolution.

Nowhere have you said, "being an insect, is part of the development, of becoming a human" - when, if Evolution were true, it would be the most natural inclusion of a land creature's development for higher functioning. In effect saying that humans did not go through a larval stage, is a denial of the greater Evolution, that Evolution should have made possible.

Even that humans did not emerge from larger fish spores, but actually became fish first, is spurious - where does Evolution chose a fish or wait like a crocodile: as though these things are self-evident candidates, for leaps and bounds of all sorts that will gradually be refined to a subset of the Evolution first believed possible?

There is a struggle here, to drag mankind from the slump God places him in, as if the right reason is somehow also the justification, as though men would have taken to the trees as birds, if they had really reached their full potential. This does not make sense; you are asking people to understand something, that does not make sense? Where is the corollary with functional stages of design, that Evolution can put to work? Where is the richly hard definition?

Richness does not come, by enticement.

Either show me that what I said is false, or show me how it is that one Evolution entices another Evolution - that is, to adopt a different Evolution, from the one believed to be progressively "sounder", as per response to selection pressures? You understand that right? That you will almost indefinitely be more proficient in survival, if you broaden your claim to historical lineage to that which agrees more with your actual lineage?

When the Creation story is told, it is not told to surprise people, but remind them. I wonder if perhaps in the process of heralding one greater process for all, you have forgotten what was most important: that the reason for the change in this life, is because of the life we can see in the One who lives forever? Is it too much to ask then, to ask you to be honest about the life you see in the process we can only assume would take forever?

I think perhaps I need to take my own advice and just stipulate once for all time, that I will not accept a process that has no end? Then let me do it: I will not keep the word of anyone that believes that the process they believe in will last forever. I know you will want to argue "you believe your God lasts forever", but actually what I believe is that my God however patiently is ready to "rest for all time" - there is a vast difference between trying to work indefinitely, and resting on the fruits of that work.

But seriously, going back to a point that I already made: does the giraffe try to convince the elephant, to grow a longer neck? Or does the monkey try to convince the whale, to come up for air longer? Answer, please.

Yes, answer.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Evolution isn't a choice individuals make.

Evolution isn't affected by belief.

Humans do not have insects in our ancestry.

You can't adopt an "evolution" that doesn't make sense.

Evolution is just a description of how life changes... it isn't a conscious individual so the phase "one Evolution entices another Evolution" does not make sense.

Your threads never deal with anything actually relevant to the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
no individual is responsible, but it affects every individual

sure

I get it:

what you are describing is "Heaven"?

For Jesus, for example, this would mean "truth you can express, between man and God"

not "I can't speak up, or I will confuse the truth with something that I'm not responsible for"

(I don't know if you even get what you are defending Evolution for, to be honest)

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
no individual is responsible, but it affects every individual

sure

I get it:

what you are describing is "Heaven"?

For Jesus, for example, this would mean "truth you can express, between man and God"

not "I can't speak up, or I will confuse the truth with something that I'm not responsible for"

(I don't know if you even get what you are defending Evolution for, to be honest)

I'll say this again, and I will keep saying it until it sinks in: Please, please, please, PLEASE, actually learn about the theory of evolution, and what the science behind it says.

• Agree
Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Like I'm not getting it, simply because I don't get that it can't be got?

Where are you getting your affinity with Evolution, if its so easy for species to believe?

What if I gave a new name to something that confuses the Devil, and every time the Devil was confused I said "no that's that word we know, you can't do anything about that, even if its for the Devil"?

That kind of pitilessness, gets nowhere!

Read it again: the word written in Heaven is, once for all - not 'one or more'

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Like I'm not getting it, simply because I don't get that it can't be got?

You're not getting it because you clearly and obviously don't understand what evolution and the theory of evolution actually is and instead of trying to learn about either, you just double down on these insane claims you have about what you think the theory of evolution says.
You'll never understand about either of them until you make an attempt to learn.

• Agree
Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I was just watching "Flubber" (with Robin Williams)

What is "heart-warming", about Evolution?

Truly, tell me?

Have you been forgetting to take your meds again? Serious question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is the strangest poll that I have ever seen.

I couldn't begin to choose an answer, even as a joke.

:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:
I chose the first, because it was the most incoherent. Plus, elephants. Orange monkey death muffin.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I was just watching "Flubber" (with Robin Williams)

What is "heart-warming", about Evolution?

Truly, tell me?

I've never seen it. No interest as I couldn't see why it would need remaking.

Evolution isn't about being "heart-warming", then again neither is auto repair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But seriously, going back to a point that I already made: does the giraffe try to convince the elephant, to grow a longer neck? Or does the monkey try to convince the whale, to come up for air longer? Answer, please.

This might be your best one yet, Gotts.

I think you might need to do some reading. Start here: What is Evolution?

Or we could do a song about evolution:

I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
No you'll never make a monkey out of me

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I've never seen it. No interest as I couldn't see why it would need remaking.

Evolution isn't about being "heart-warming", then again neither is auto repair.

What about "encouraging"?

Or "provoking"?

Can you see that as a text, it lacks present "nuance"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What about "encouraging"?

Or "provoking"?

Can you see that as a text, it lacks present "nuance"?
It isn't a text. It isn't a story.

It's just a scientific explanation for facts.

How it is received is irrelevant to either its truth or its usefulness.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Awww, you need STORIES. How cute.

I suspect that like some, he would prefer that "Evolutionism" had a scripture so that we could cite just-so stories like 2 Darwin 17:9-23 and we could get into a textual reading. (I think my reply may have just bled over from his other new thread.)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you might need to do some reading. Start here: What is Evolution?

Right away we run into a problem.

From your link:

"Rabbit(s) live all over, and have dark fur. But in a place where it snows a lot, white fur would be an advantage. A white furred rabbit would be harder to see and is more likely to survive and have children. These children will inherit its mum or dad’s white fur. Eventually all the rabbits living in the cold place will have white fur."

From "The life cycle of the arctic hare" link:

The Colour of the Arctic Hare
"In winter, the fur of the Arctic hare is bright white, except for black tips on the ears. The white pelage blends perfectly with a snowy background. This security of camouflage probably accounts for their well-known lack of fear at this time of year, when they are often so tame that they can be approached very closely.

In mid-summer, when their camouflage is not as effective, Arctic hares are wary and difficult to approach. In the High Arctic, where summers are short (six to eight weeks), a sandy brown or grey wash appears on the nose, forehead and ears, and occasionally on the back. The predominant colour, however, remains the snowy white of winter, which makes High-Arctic Arctic hares starkly visible against a snow-free background and therefore more vulnerable to predators. In the more southern reaches of their range (including Baffin Island, Nunavut), where the summer is somewhat longer, the white coat changes to brown with blue-grey tones, while the tail and parts of the ears and legs remain white.

Young are born in June with mottled grey-brown fur. Their fur blends so well with the colours of the tundra that they are very difficult to see."

Upvote 0