I rejected a full time job and kept my part time job Bc I like my team ... of Christians

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I realize a few months ago I was coming from an angle of desperation... wanting to get out of big-box (heck) and into something with a small, professional environment.
Due to financial concerns, I felt at the time this opportunity needed to be a full time 9-5.
Instead, God lead me to a small jewelry store (though it is part of a large chain so room to grow). The job isn’t a 9-5, but it IS better for me with easier schedules, more down-time and a small close knit team of mostly Christians.

So this past week, when a staffing agency tried to place me in this kind of weird call center/warehouse job that was full time but also a dead end, I declined. Partially, this is because I had some red flags. If unemployed, you take what you can get. But if you have a part time job, and a tax refund, you have a little bit of luxury and leeway to take the RIGHT path.

Though the little jewelry store is for now a part time job, and it’s base pay is lower because of the potential for comission that will kick in in a month, I am open to another part time job. But I feel like I want to save myself for that bank teller job that doesn’t check my credit ... or that little office job that is part time and not too fast paced.(I pregnant after all)

Taking the sketchy staffing agency appointed opportunity would mean leaving the jewelry store... or working a total of 60 some odd hours a week.
But realistically, in the condition I’m in, I wouldn’t be able to manage both.

So yes, I took a leap of faith for a job I love even though it’s not a lot of money.

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No complication just general tiredness and fatigue and queasiness and I just don’t want to be a brand new high paced environment that I don’t know how to do the job. I always suffered from anxiety and anxiety makes the sick feelings worse. It is just general advice from doctors to pregnant women to take it easy and not overwork themselves.

Upvote 0