I rebelled against Jesus to the highest level and I feel screwed.

ForceofGrace

Sep 25, 2021
Orlando
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
since its clear that you have repented for your sins then Gods unconditional Grace is abound. Your sins does NOT determine who you are or your destiny as long as there is sincere repentance. Dont be so harsh on yourself, easier said then done i know, but pleasw remembee to walk witg Grace and give yourself that.

Consider yourself the Prodigal Son. The one who spent all of his Fathers money. The Father still welcomed him back with full open arms. Same with God for you. He see you as someone who was lost and is now found and he's welcoming you back with open arms. So remember that Gods Grace will always abound, especially for those who were lost but now found.

Your sins are forgiven by Gods Grace alone. Dont let your sin become a burden i beg you. Give yourself Grace and let Gods Grace in.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I felt like I lost my chances to go to heaven. When I was a kid, I converted to Islam then Buddhism after I knew that Jesus Christ was real and I have seen the manifestations and miracles of the Holy Spirit firsthand and still turned my back on God to go to a different religion so it was open rebellion against God almighty. I was not ignorant. When I was a kid, I literally saw miracles such as the deaf hearing again, the blind seeing, the lame walking, near death experiences, visions and dreams of Jesus Christ, casting out demons, diseases like cancer and HIV being cured, speaking in heavenly languages (tongues), and many more. The worst part is after seeing AND KNOWING FULL WELL that this is the Holy Spirit doing this today in our age and feeling his presence, I purposely and deliberately converted to Islam, found the truth about Islam, and then joined Buddhism seeking false enlightenment and was dabbling with eastern mysticism practices. I feel like I betrayed God and did what the people in Hebrews did. How screwed am I?
You are not screwed. God is a good Father, the bible says he is both faithful and just. Faithful in the sense He sticks by us even when we sin He is also just to forgive. Justice is giving forgiveness to us when we seek it. This is demonstrated in the cross, which is a righteous life given for our lifetime of sins. While you have life you can be forgiven.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

We see in the above scripture, in the same way, man has "one" life, so Christ was offered once. This shows us the cross covers our lifetime of failures, we just need to return to God if we have moved off the path.

Hebrews 6 does not apply to a person seeking faith, it refers to a person who has fallen into sin, and died in that state. Because it speaks of "crucifying Christ again", but we see Christ's sacrifice is for a lifetime of sins.

Eze 18:27-32 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair? "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!"

• Winner
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I betrayed God and did what the people in Hebrews did. How screwed am I?
Psalm 130 A song of ascents.1Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;2O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.3If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?4But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.5I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.6My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.7O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.8He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.
:)

Upvote 0

Kenneth Roberson

Nov 8, 2020
Riverside, California
✟19,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I felt like I lost my chances to go to heaven. When I was a kid, I converted to Islam then Buddhism after I knew that Jesus Christ was real and I have seen the manifestations and miracles of the Holy Spirit firsthand and still turned my back on God to go to a different religion so it was open rebellion against God almighty. I was not ignorant. When I was a kid, I literally saw miracles such as the deaf hearing again, the blind seeing, the lame walking, near death experiences, visions and dreams of Jesus Christ, casting out demons, diseases like cancer and HIV being cured, speaking in heavenly languages (tongues), and many more. The worst part is after seeing AND KNOWING FULL WELL that this is the Holy Spirit doing this today in our age and feeling his presence, I purposely and deliberately converted to Islam, found the truth about Islam, and then joined Buddhism seeking false enlightenment and was dabbling with eastern mysticism practices. I feel like I betrayed God and did what the people in Hebrews did. How screwed am I?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Roberson

Nov 8, 2020
Riverside, California
✟19,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you are in fact “screwed” as you say you are, how important is “how”—the extent—to which you are?

I’m mindful of 2 Tim. 2:23:

“But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.”​

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I totally believe in the love and mercy and patience of Jesus and God and the holy Spirit and I hate to be the guy who asks the simple question..

Why would you even do that?

What exactly made you think that coverting to Islam and Buddhism was going to do anything for you if you know the truth and love and power of Jesus?

I don't get your story at all.

I know we all make mistakes. I just don't understand what you're thinking was for doing that.
Honestly, I don't know. I was thinking about finding things in other religions that I liked other than Christianity. At the time, I didn't understand what Christianity was like and I thought it was for some show. I should have seen through the lies. At the time, I was seeking for something deeper and more holy. It was like I knew that there was a God but I wanted to pursue my own righteousness instead of him.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As long as you haven't insulted the Holy Ghost, you are fine. Insults to Holy Ghost are the only sins that will never be forgiven.
By the way, one can still convert back to Christianity, as seen in Nabeel Qureshi's example, which he described in his book "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus".
I never asked about the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. Please don't mention it because I am recovering from years about thinking about it.

Upvote 0

carllundin

Aug 13, 2022
Kristianstad
✟8,526.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listen to this: Jesus accepts ANYONE who are WILLING TO REPENT from an HONEST HEART.
If you have rejected Jesus, you have to repent. Remember: Jesus does not want ANYONE to be lost! Not a single soul.
So if you truly repent and turn to our loving living God, he will accept you.
But he won't be fooled and he wants your 100% commitment to him.

May Jesus bless you friends

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
What makes you think you have a chance? God doesn't save anyone by chance. There is nothing you can do to get, keep or lose what God has decided to do concerning you. And he decided it from the foundation of the world.

The position you are in is precisely where he planned for you to be at this moment. Start obeying now.

Upvote 0