• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Goire

Nov 21, 2017
Indianapolis
✟15,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All my life since the age of 5,6 or 7 I was introduced to sexual things by my neighbor and did some horrible things. I did some worse sexual things with even my sister. As I keep growing, I loved watching movies with sexual content and stop for a while. All throughout middle school to high school and even college inappropriate contentography and murstibation has been my way of life. I really want change from this addiction. I know many things has contributed to this issue but I feel trapped....only Jesus Christ is able to heal and deliver me. I really want an accountability partner who is filled with the Holy Spirit and has overcome this problem or someone else who is still struggling as well to keep each other accountable. Please reply back and let get connected.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have my prayers. Childhood abuse is SO devastating.

I have given you some "likes" so you can sooner talk to someone via private message (I think you need 20 posts and 5 or 10 "likes").

Upvote 0

TNF_13

Sep 17, 2017
Minnesota
Visit site
✟28,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I would highly recommend getting plugged into a non-profit that specializes in helping sexual abuse survivors. They can give you great resources, like support groups, mental health resources (including a therapist, if you feel that is right for you), and just really help address the specifics of your situation.

I have a splash page of resources:
Help For Adult Victims

I would also mention, if you live in or near Minnesota, the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center:
Victim Assistance - Gundersen Health System

Sexual abuse can indeed be devastating, but it does not have to have control over your life. Many survivors can find healing in being plugged into community. I know I did.

Upvote 0