I REALLY need advise on what is going on and if anyone else has experienced this?

Jamie2012

May 18, 2017
Plano
✟9,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So i have had severe anxiety for about 5 years since i was diagnosed with a disease that could be deadly but most of the time isnt. anyways this last september they thought i had ovarian cancer and i had to go thought lots of testing and wait for several weeks and im only 25 so this really scared me and put me in a deep depression and it was horrible. but one day during all of this i was sitting in church and i go to a pentecostal church very active in church and have the holy ghost was raised in pentecost and everything. i was sitting in church and all of a sudden i started getting these crazy bad thoughts in my mind like the word hate and stupid and just terrible words started popping up in my mind and i immeditatly rebuked them because there was no way those were to god and then after that sunday i started obsessing over the thoughts wondering why i thought that and now ever since i think terrible thoughts towards god. i cant get them out of my head. its hard for me to pray, read my bible anything because of these thoughts. they are taking me away from god seems like. im terrified he doesnt forgive me. i hate this so much, i wish they would stop. Could this be a spiritual warfare? i dont know what to do. i would never tell my pastor because he might think im crazy or possesed. Ive done research and they are actually called intrusive thoughts and religious ocd. i know this will send me to hell. even thought i have the thoughts in church and when i pray i still pray and go to church but i dont know if i should go see a psyciatrist or talk to my pastor. has anyone else had this. please help!

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i know this will send me to hell.
No this will not send you to hell, erase that from your thoughts. This is an attack and yes others do suffer from this, but you being filled with the HS have a powerful weapon to use against the enemy. Find scriptures and start out loud quoting the word of God, even playing an audio bible to help you. DO NOT let this fear grip you, its a lie and its not of God, but you already know this. Literally, shut the enemies mouth using the written word of God. Tell him what to do, do not let him tell you anything, in fact, pay him no mind. Don't accept a label for yourself, fight this thing with the Lord, He is on your side. You will overcome this, I am praying for you, and again, do not believe his lies. You are not going to hell for this.

Upvote 0

Jamie2012

May 18, 2017
Plano
✟9,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No this will not send you to hell, erase that from your thoughts. This is an attack and yes others do suffer from this, but you being filled with the HS have a powerful weapon to use against the enemy. Find scriptures and start out loud quoting the word of God, even playing an audio bible to help you. DO NOT let this fear grip you, its a lie and its not of God, but you already know this. Literally, shut the enemies mouth using the written word of God. Tell him what to do, do not let him tell you anything, in fact, pay him no mind. Don't accept a label for yourself, fight this thing with the Lord, He is on your side. You will overcome this, I am praying for you, and again, do not believe his lies. You are not going to hell for this.
I know but my mind calls god names. And like when someone speaks in tongues infront of me my mind is saying that's not really but I know it is and I rebuke it. I speak in tongues alittle I know it's real. I just want these thoughts to go away and stop plaging me everytime I pray or even think of god

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know but my mind calls god names. And like when someone speaks in tongues infront of me my mind is saying that's not really but I know it is and I rebuke it. I speak in tongues alittle I know it's real. I just want these thoughts to go away and stop plaging me everytime I pray or even think of god
I know you do and believe and have faith that they will. It sounds as if this is a new thing happening to you, just go ahead and stand up to it, and dont let it get a hold of you. That's NOT your thoughts, it is NOT your heart, its what you speak that makes a difference. I know you can do this, I believe in you and God believes in you to fight this. Dont let him win, dont let him see you getting down and upset about it, do not give him the pleasure. I have a strong feeling you can beat this.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying! I just don't want to go to hell bc of it. God knows this isn't my heart. I just feel so distant from him now and I don't know why or how to get close again.
Baby the devil is a liar. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HELL. Satan will go to hell, but you will not go there. This is not your thoughts nor is it your heart. God is right there with you. He would never ever leave you.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible tells us we have authority over our thought. So what i would do first off is command the demons to shut up in the name of jesus. After you tell them to shut up, say to yourself "i command my mind to stop these thoughts right now in jesus name," and finally tell you thoughts to "line up with the word of God in jesus name."

You can't stop bad thoughts from coming in, but you can stop yourself from thinking about them.

There was a co-worker i did not get along with, and every time i came to work my mind would be flooded with evil thoughts about her. I knew it was a demon because at home i didn't think about het, but at work i started wishing bad things about her. I knew that wasn't who i was and i finally told satan to shut up in jesus name and told my mind to shut up as well in the name of jesus. I took back control over my thoughts. This wasn't a one time deal, and the thoughts kept coming back, but i kept standing my ground and eventually the thoughts stopped. So i does sound like spiritual warfare going on in your mind and so I'll stand in prayer with you.

Upvote 0

Jamie2012

May 18, 2017
Plano
✟9,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And since you pray in tongues, increase and pray in tongues even more. That is the HS praying for you, let Him do it, He is there to help you. You got this.
I can only speak in tongues at church in the alter. I hope God hasn't turned his back on me. Idk what to do to get close to him again

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can only speak in tongues at church in the alter. I hope God hasn't turned his back on me. Idk what to do to get close to him again
You can speak in tongues anywhere, it doesnt just happen in a certain place. Praying and talking to Him is how you get close. Pick up His word and read it, and do this out loud. Do not accept a spirit of fear.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible tells us we have authority over our thought. So what i would do first off is command the demons to shut up in the name of jesus. After you tell them to shut up, say to yourself "i command my mind to stop these thoughts right now in jesus name," and finally tell you thoughts to "line up with the word of God in jesus name."

You can't stop bad thoughts from coming in, but you can stop yourself from thinking about them.

There was a co-worker i did not get along with, and every time i came to work my mind would be flooded with evil thoughts about her. I knew it was a demon because at home i didn't think about het, but at work i started wishing bad things about her. I knew that wasn't who i was and i finally told satan to shut up in jesus name and told my mind to shut up as well in the name of jesus. I took back control over my thoughts. This wasn't a one time deal, and the thoughts kept coming back, but i kept standing my ground and eventually the thoughts stopped. So i does sound like spiritual warfare going on in your mind and so I'll stand in prayer with you.
Good wholesome stuff!!

If He said it,
If He placed it,
If He gave it to us,
By golly, it must be true. The word of God grants us this option,

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"
(2 Corinthians 10:5)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying! I just don't want to go to hell bc of it. God knows this isn't my heart. I just feel so distant from him now and I don't know why or how to get close again.
First...welcome to the forum in Jesus name...it is a great place to be

Good wholesome stuff!!

If He said it,
If He placed it,
If He gave it to us,
By golly, it must be true. The word of God grants us this option,

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"
(2 Corinthians 10:5)

Such a lot of good advice for you here,

Lean on the Lord and not on your own understanding,
I read somewhere...'It is insanity to lean on your own understanding'

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.

good advice from rockananchor...

2 Corinthians 10
3 We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do.

4 We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.

5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
First...welcome to the forum in Jesus name...it is a great place to be

Such a lot of good advice for you here,

Lean on the Lord and not on your own understanding,
I read somewhere...'It is insanity to lean on your own understanding'

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.

good advice from rockananchor...

2 Corinthians 10
3 We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do.

4 We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.

5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
Blessings dear one, you disperse the dreary and refresh to bless. May He meet your every need in Jesus name! Bless you!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God forgives. 'Resist the evil one and he will flee from you',His Word proclaims. Talk to a Christian minister and ask for prayer. God will help you,'Jamie'. We are praying for you and are here to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But will he forgive me?

Well, that is what it is all about, why Jesus suffered and died on the cross,

John 3:16
16 “For God so loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

So, it is 'done and dusted' ...Price paid, just say...
Thank you Lord for saving me,
Thank you Lord for paying the price for all of my sin,

Upvote 0

Jamie2012

May 18, 2017
Plano
✟9,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the encouraging words. It just worries me sick that I have commited the unforgivable sin. I just feel so distant & I don't get excited about god like I did and I honestly think it's bc I have in my head that he's done with me

• Prayers
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the encouraging words. It just worries me sick that I have commited the unforgivable sin. I just feel so distant & I don't get excited about god like I did and I honestly think it's bc I have in my head that he's done with me
With Christ as your Savior you are loved,accepted and appreciated. God bless you 'Jamie'

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It just worries me sick that I have commited the unforgivable sin. I just feel so distant
, , it is 'done and dusted' ...Price paid, just say...
Thank you Lord for saving me,
Thank you Lord for paying the price for all of my sin
With Christ as your Savior you are loved,accepted and appreciated.
It’s true just as they put it. And you echo the same concerns of many Christians every day just as the word tells us, all of our errors are,

“, , common to man”.
(1 Corinthians 10:13)

But,

“God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.”
(1 John 3:20)

Though it seems an insurmountable hurdle to cross, it’s as though God is asking us to mix in just one more very small measure of faith with our patience, and he will bring the composure and joy of our salvation that seems to have escaped us.

With the others here, I say too, God bless you Jamie! I am so glad to have met you!! Do keep up the good fight!

• Agree
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It’s true just as they put it. And you echo the same concerns of many Christians every day just as the word tells us, all of our errors are,

“, , common to man”.
(1 Corinthians 10:13)

But,

“God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.”
(1 John 3:20)

Though it seems an insurmountable hurdle to cross, it’s as though God is asking us to mix in just one more very small measure of faith with our patience, and he will bring the composure and joy of our salvation that seems to have escaped us.

With the others here, I say too, God bless you Jamie! I am so glad to have met you!! Do keep up the good fight!
Yes! I was diagnosed with kidney cancer 15 years ago and with the help of surgery God healed me. Over a year ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and after treatment God is healing me. Because of other health problems depression is experienced but God is healing me. We can trust and see progress. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0