Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." - Luke 13:24

I watch videos like this:

I probably will not make it into God's Kingdom.

I watch finalcall07 and warningthepeople's videos on YouTube, and realized true Christianity is having a relationship with Jesus Christ and being his disciple and actually following Jesus daily, turning away from ALL sin. It is not just accepting Jesus as savior. I am failing to do that, and I do not feel I have a relationship with Jesus. I don't think that I hear his voice, and fear I may have never know Jesus.

I probably will never make it into the kingdom of Heaven. Can you help me? I prayed Jesus to help me as well.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." - Luke 13:24

I watch finalcall07 and warningthepeople's videos on YouTube, and realized true Christianity is having a relationship with Jesus Christ and being his disciple and actually following Jesus daily, turning away from ALL sin. It is not just accepting Jesus as savior. I am failing to do that, and I do not feel I have a relationship with Jesus. I don't think that I hear his voice, and fear I may have never know Jesus.

I probably will never make it into the kingdom of Heaven. Can you help me? I prayed Jesus to help me as well.
My best advice is stop watching these videos and read more of what God left us in the Holy Scriptures.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You need to stop watching these videos. No one can save themselves by stopping sinning.

Romans 3:20-24 KJV
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

As a couple others have already said, please stop watching these videos. I’ve heard of finalcall07 and I’ve watched a number of “street preachers” myself, to see what they’re all about and what message they’re sharing. Unfortunately, by and large, they are condescending, arrogant, condemning of others and puffed up in pride as they teach “works-based” salvation. (No one can or is or ever has earned eternal life. Salvation is in Christ alone).

The Narrow Gate is Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and He invites all to come to Him and “rest”. He is our Sabbath. (Hebrews 4)

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Ephesians 2:1-9

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that you should stop watching finalcall07. His videos have many issues.

We all sin. The answer is contrition, confession, and a firm resolve to avoid that sin in the future. A deeply sinful person with a deep consciousness of their own sinfulness and genuine sorrow over their sins is in a better state than someone who assumes they are without sin. And who justifies themselves. Think the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard a preacher say recently that when we will be judged by God our souls which stands for our mind, will and emotions will condemn us before God. We will be judged based on our thoughts as well and not just by what we do or say. So before we go to bed at night you have to examine your whole day:- what you thought and off course what you did and said and repent of it before God. Otherwise it will be held against you on judgement day.
Yeah, lately I wonder myself if I will ever make it to heaven. Can't really know till we get there, can we? Nevertheless, its a good thing to be scared of hell. Otherwise we will never be serious enough to lead a pure life.
On your part you should put in the effort to read the Bible and pray. There is no excuse for laziness.
I watched a few videos of finalcall07 some years back and stopped. He's too negative. Just focus on God instead and He will give you the peace of mind that you need.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2018
Bulawayo
✟8,133.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is perfect.We come to Jesus because we see those imperfections and want to imitate him.Repentance is needed daily.Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you daily.Christ can come at any moment that why we need to continually repent of the sins we do daily.Live your life seeking to please God in everything you do.Read the scriptures and practice what is expected of us.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Many of us have already arrived. The hard part was giving up trying to save ourselves and let Jesus save us.

"Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: "Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him."
Rom 4:4-8

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A question for you.

What is it that will enable you to enter heaven?

If you say anything other than faith in Jesus's death and resurrection, you will need to speak to your minister.

As other have said rather than watch utube attend church or listen to sermons or read the bible.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[for me anyway] just the fact that you are in humility over it is a witness of your sincerity toward God, which He looks for in us, and by the way you are also in great company: for John the Baptist said, I am not worthy to even stoop down and loosen His shoe latches; or Peter saying, Depart from me, for I am a sinful man O Lord; or the centurion saying, I am unworthy that He should enter under my roof; or Paul saying, I am less than the least of all saints.
Accepting the Truth about our true condition is of great price in the sight of God: the just may fall several times, but shall rise right back up in their sincerity toward God: but it is the wicked when they fall are the ones who fall into mischief.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Getting into heaven is like going through the eye of the needle. Sin is like fat on our bodies. Remove fat and we slip right through.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Getting into heaven is like going through the eye of the needle. Sin is like fat on our bodies. Remove fat and we slip right through.

Except Scripture is clear that our “flesh” is sinful (Romans 7) and will not inherit the Kingdom (1 Corinthians 15:50) We will be given new, imperishable, incorruptible bodies. (1 Corinthians 15:53-55)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Except Scripture is clear that our “flesh” is sinful (Romans 7) and will not inherit the Kingdom (1 Corinthians 15:50) We will be given new, imperishable, incorruptible bodies. (1 Corinthians 15:53-55)
If we repent of our sin, there is nothing to prevent us from entering the Lord's kingdom.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If we repent of our sin, there is nothing to prevent us from entering the Lord's kingdom.

If by “repent of sin” you mean never sin again in the “flesh”, that would be incorrect.

We inherit the Kingdom. Eternal life is not something we can earn.

• Agree
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
If by “repent of sin” you mean never sin again in the “flesh”, that would be incorrect.

We inherit the Kingdom. Eternal life is not something we can earn.
When we repent of our sin, trouble can no longer seep into our lives.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Have you read the next verse?

Luke 13:25
25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'

The verse you posted is talking about those who seek to enter God's kingdom after the door has been shut. So long as you live on this planet, the "door" stands open. You can enter by the narrow way into God's kingdom right now, if you wish.

true Christianity is having a relationship with Jesus Christ and being his disciple and actually following Jesus daily, turning away from ALL sin. It is not just accepting Jesus as savior.

Well, you can't truly turn away from sin until you've trusted in Christ as your Saviour. Also, making perfect obedience to God the key to your salvation denies what Scripture says about works having nothing to do with being saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Titus 3:5
5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

2 Timothy 1:9
9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

No one's good works saved them and no one's good works keeps them saved. God accepts us because Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us. We are clothed in the perfect righteousness of our Saviour and this - and only this - makes us acceptable to God.

Romans 4:4-5
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness

1 Corinthians 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

Now, the natural and inevitable consequence of being saved is that we will become more and more sanctified, that we will live an increasingly holy and righteous life. But such a life no more makes us (or keeps us) saved than an apple tree bearing apples makes it an apple tree. An apple tree bears apples because it is an apple tree and we live righteously because we are saved.

I am failing to do that, and I do not feel I have a relationship with Jesus. I don't think that I hear his voice, and fear I may have never know Jesus.

We all of us sin. We can learn to sin a great deal less than we do, but being utterly free of sin isn't going to happen this side of the grave.

Galatians 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

1 John 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Romans 7:21-24
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

These verses don't give us an excuse to sin, but they do dissolve the idea that Christians can live perfectly sinless lives. Certainly, every believer should be growing more and more holy over time, but the process of doing so never ends until we cross the threshold of death into eternity.

Having a relationship with Jesus isn't a matter of feelings. Scripture tells us that we experience God when He convicts us of sin, strengthens us in moments of weakness, illuminates our minds to His truth, transforms our desires, comforts us in time of distress, and provides for our material needs (among other things). Having some strong mystical sense of God's presence is not a necessary part of how we experience these things. Don't, then, get hung up on feeling God. Feelings come and go and are notoriously deceiving. Walk with God on the basis of what He's said to you in His eternal, unchanging word instead.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0