• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I pray that you will use me Lord God.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Abide with me., May 2, 2021.

1. Abide with me.

Abide with me. Member

+189
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Dear God, I thank you with all my heart for the divine love you have given me, and I pray that you will use me as a conduit of your love, grace and healing for those unbelievers around me who are suffering because they do not know you, I submit myself to you God so that your will can be done through me, in the name of love and the lord Jesus Christ.
    Amen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Matt Yeomans

Matt Yeomans New Member

+56
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Philippians 2:17
    If I am poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+8,292
    Messianic
    Private
    I pray you will be used greatly of the Lord.

4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,522
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What is your plan for how you will reach out to your neighbors, family and friends with the gospel?

Are you able to give a Reason for your faith?
    To the questions, ' what do you believe and what evidence do you have for your believe?
    How would you answer?

5. Abide with me.

Abide with me. Member

+189
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I have a friend in great trouble at present and am doing all I can to support her, but she is not ready to respond to the word of God yet, I have tried, so all I can do is offer her my love, advice and practical help, I pray that the holy spirit of Jesus Christ will come and guide her, but I also know from my own experiences in life that God works through other people even if they don't know they are being used for this purpose, I know this, because this very friend who is now in trouble was one of those people who helped to change my life in so many wonderful ways 20 years ago when she seemed unable to help herself, she was one of many who did this after a lifetime of people attacking me and letting me down, you ask what the reason was for my faith, the one thing I did differently 20 years ago was begin to pray that God would guide me, and oh boy! Did he ever! Through all these people.
    You also ask what my plans are about reaching out to my neighbours, and family with the gospel, I got slapped down pretty hard for even suggesting I was religious with my neighbours, and you can quite justifiably call me a coward, but we live in a hamlet of no more than 10 houses, everybody knows everyone else and I would soon be treated like a lepper if I tried to convert my small community of godless people after being a relative newcomer.
    I'm new to Christianity, and I don't think God would want me as a missionary anyway, but I do believe we can behave in a loving and Christian way towards others, and if I am filled with the holy spirit as well I'm praying that this is not only contagious, but God can use me to bring help and inspiration to others in the same way it was brought to me through others.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  6. Tolworth John

+3,522
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It took my father in law over twenty years to be regarded as a local in the village he lives in,so you are in for a long haul.
    You will be watched and how you live will be commented on.

May I suggest persistence in inviting personally your neighbors to significant church services, you are already the religious ' nut ' .
    If friendships develop they will come to harvest, carol concerts etc.

As with your friend, being there, being known for what one believes is important.
    As is being ready and willing to answer tough questions with sensitivity and wisdom.

You are the missionary in your village and like all Missionaries have to earn the right to speak.

Hang on in there.

7. Back from Heaven

Back from Heaven He's alive!

+9
    France
    Christian
    Divorced
    Hey "Abide with me",
    I prayed for you and for God to guide you and manifest his Love through you.

8. Abide with me.

Abide with me. Member

+189
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Wow! Thank you so much! I wondered where all that loving energy was coming from when I was praying recently! It's just pouring into me lately! I just keep praying God will guide me to a situation He knows I can do some good with it, He knows when I use my own head I mess things up, I only hope I'm up to the job whatever is sent to me.

9. Abide with me.

Abide with me. Member

+189
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I think I'd better dwell with other "religious nut's" first to figure out how they get away with talking about religion to others close to them, I'm not even ' out of the closet' yet, even amongst my nearest and dearest, apart from a few attempts at general religious conversation with them, which is met with nervous suspicion to begin with, then a brick wall goes up at the very least if I try to persist, this is why I'm on this forum, I need someone to talk to about God, maybe the churches will open properly soon, you're a UK'er do you know when?

10. Back from Heaven

Back from Heaven He's alive!

+9
    France
    Christian
    Divorced
    I sometimes feel the same. I then need to remember he knows what he's doing :)

11. Tolworth John

+3,522
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married

If your church isn't using online services etc I would suggest checking the christianityexplained web site for churches in your area to see which of those do online services.

They aren't brilliant but are better than nothing.

Our church uses zoom for Bible studies , prayer meetings and an afterchurch fellowship/coffee.

We have church services but seats are two meters apart, everyone is masked and no congregational singing or mingling., Plus one has to book a seat!

When things get back to normal, no idea!