New York
✟15,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi guys I feel really bad I’m a Christian and I got curious and tried scrying then I realized it was really bad after I did it :( I asked God for forgiveness but I feel like it’s not enough I feel like a huge jerk right now

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
hi guys I feel really bad I’m a Christian and I got curious and tried scrying then I realized it was really bad after I did it :( I asked God for forgiveness but I feel like it’s not enough I feel like a huge jerk right now

If you sincerely repented, you're forgiven. "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The better half of repentance is to not do the sin again.

Don’t do it again and burn the books (be safe doing it) or whatever you have if a computer wipe it clean.

Get rid of all the paraphernalia etc.

Acts 19: NASB
16And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17This became known to all, both Jews and Greeks, who lived in Ephesus; and fear fell upon them all and the name of the Lord Jesus was being magnified. 18Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices. 19And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they counted up the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel like it’s not enough I feel like a huge jerk right now
You may still have some spiritual "residue" on you. (Being forgiven --and you are-- doesn't make natural consequences go away.) Visiting a Vineyard or an Assembly of God church (about this issue) can help you sort that out.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hell is reserved for those who think God is the Devil. And you have to keep at it too.

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

It is a good thing to feel the guilt of sin, as it partly motivates us to not do it the next time, if we remember the agony. But don't let it be a condemnation, since we have a Defender in heaven, "Jesus Christ the righteous, who is the atoning sacrifice for our sins."

I have no idea what "scrying" is, and don't really care to know, but I can imagine it could stir up superstitious fears. I once looked into the Satanic Bible, and the feeling was very creepy and defiling. I don't recommend it for anyone.

The worst creepiness and attack of my faith, though, came from a series of discussions with a Jehovah's Witness, talking about their interpretation of who they think Jesus is. It took months for me to get my peace back.

May God bless you and assure you that you're in His hands.
TD:)

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes guilt can be a good thing; a spiritual alarm bell going off in our hearts to *never do that again*! Please, throw out any books and delete any electronic information, like redleg said. A Catholic Christian would likely / hopefully go to confession, and be given a penance to help heal the soul. Do you have a church Pastor who you can talk to and pray with?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't worry about it but watch yourself, this kind of thing opens windows to things better left alone. Your probably fine, you've obviously came under conviction, but I would get rid of any books or artifacts. Just leave that stuff alone, I think you'll be fine.

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Since magick is superstion and false, then you can rest assured that nothing cosmically wrong was done. Also, God forgives you, that is His promise to you in Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since magick is superstion and false, then you can rest assured that nothing cosmically wrong was done.
Of course, that opinion is denomination-specific. (It isn't held across Christendom.)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is the orthodox position, however.
But this thread is in General Theology, not one of the "orthodox" sub-forums. You don't have a monopoly here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But this thread is in General Theology, not one of the "orthodox" sub-forums. You don't have a monopoly here.

Okay. That doesn't stop it from being the orthodox Christian position. People are free to believe as they like, but I fail to see how believing in pagan superstions is a beneficial for a Christian.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
..., but I fail to see how believing in pagan superstions is a beneficial for a Christian.
And this would not be the thread in which to fix that failure.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It is enough.

Scrying is an intermediate magical process; it is definitely within the realm of being "forgiven by the Word of God". Recall Israel itself went whoring after other gods, sacrificed their children to them and forsook the Most High God.

Yet, He still had pity and mercy on Israel, and prepared a remnant for those who came to repentance and obeyed Him.

It seems like you came to repentance; now you must obey Him.

Unfortunately, the feelings you have lie, and are exploitable by the Enemy. Magical openings may be the main reason you "feel" some way - which is a deception. The Most High God can forgive your transgression, and will if you truly are repentant. Therefore, you must rejoice in what that means, and dismiss/cast out the deception that keeps you feeling guilty before the Most High God. But, now you are going to have to work.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You may still have some spiritual "residue" on you. (Being forgiven --and you are-- doesn't make natural consequences go away.) Visiting a Vineyard or an Assembly of God church (about this issue) can help you sort that out.

You beat me to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I think that you learned something important......
here is a good explanation of the dark side of witchcraft:

Upvote 0