• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I plan to hand cards with a link to my commentaries: seeking proof reading and suggestions.

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by wallet_man, Aug 22, 2020.

1. wallet_man

wallet_man New Member

+9
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,337
    Messianic
    Messianic approach is befriending, explaining as the fellowship is developed, planting seeds and praying for them. Card handouts are short and are easily seen as controversial, creating a combative position, rather than a fellowship. While we may be great at arguing all points of contention, it rarely works.

3. pinacled

pinacled walking with the Shekinah

+946
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    • Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed. Do not advertise commercial products or services. This prohibition includes begging or soliciting donations or financial support (charitable or otherwise) anywhere on the site. Do not advertise or promote other sites in your signature or your custom username title.
    • Signatures may have tickers and CF internal links, but not other external links. If desired, place these other links on your profile page.
    • Videos posted in the Opening Post (OP) need to contain a summary of the video, including what it is about and a few key points. An exception can be made for music videos.
    • Youtube videos, blogs, and offsite materials written by members may be posted to further conversation and provide relevant topics. There are however some restrictions. You may not participate in Christian Forums primarily to drive traffic to your videos, blogs, or articles. Staff will use their own discretion as a team in deciding if your participation here is being used for this purpose and it may result in staff action.

4. wallet_man

wallet_man New Member

+9
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    I'd agree for nonbelievers. The cards will be for believers though (Colossians 1:28) and I don't have as a great of an interest in talking about the Messianic take on the law as I do talking about the gospel in the street, though I'll share my beliefs if asked. The front of the card will be just a prophetic warning, while the back will have general links to scriptures that apply to all followers for praying/how to live a godly life/other prophetic scriptures, then the last link will be the commentaries.

5. pinacled

+946
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Nope,
    Against sop

6. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,343
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I found this young man's approach to be very impressive. Watch the expressions of the people he is talking to. I suspect that he is very good at reading people, and adjusting his approach to the situation.

7. GedaliahMaegil

GedaliahMaegil Messianic Ger Toshav

+123
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    US-Others
    I've seen this video as well, and what strikes me is that the things about Yeshua being Messiah that are presented are all coming out of Tanakh. This is a prime way of speaking to Jews in Israel about Messiah, as the B'rit Chadashah Scriptures are often rejected out-of-hand by Jews in general, as a "christian" book, and they won't believe there is any connectibility of it to Tanakh, when presented alone. Even secular Jews will scoff at the B'rit Chadashah and will hold Tanakh as being more reliable in their view. That's why the testimony about Messiah Yeshua - indeed the very glad tidings of the Kingdom of Elohim - must start there.

This is how it is in Israel. One-on-one conversations. There are no soapbox Billy Graham moments in the streets. The conversations are happening, in living rooms, in cafés, in other intimate settings, and elsewhere, even as it was recorded in the Besorot.

Naq`dimon met with Messiah Yeshua in private, as did others in the Sanhedrin who believed. As recorded in the Besorot those in the Sanhedrin who followed Yeshua did so privately for as long as they could. They had intimate discussions about Yeshua and His testimony that - if written down - likely would make the Mishna look like a short story.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. pinacled

+946
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    And no loud speakers interrupting family.

Basic manners,

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  9. HARK!

+3,343
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I think that this is the best way to do it on the streets of the U.S. too. Quietly approach people and start a conversation that they are a part of. It can be anywhere as YHWH puts people before us. If people start gathering; speak just loud enough for them all to hear; but we don't need to create a disturbance. Those who have ears to hear will draw near.

I just had one with a new customer, that lasted for about three hours. She doesn't believe, Agnostic. During our conversation, she was asking lots of questions; and interestingly she kept stopping me, to text a Jewish friend, to ask him questions too.

Seeds have been planted; and she has a friend who could possibly nurture those seeds; now that she has opened that door with her friend.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. HARK!

+3,343
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Can you put a counter on a Reddit page? It would be useful to count how many cards you pass out, and how many actually visit the page. It might be more effective to just put the information on a flyer. They're more likely to read it; if they are already holding it in their hands.

11. wallet_man

wallet_man New Member

+9
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Nah, they disabled the feature. Just at a quick glance 2000 flyers seem to be about 4x the cost of 2000 business cards. I was thinking of having one sign that stands on it's on with a message on it like "Prophetic Warning 4 Believers" then have an arrow pointing to where they could pick up a card.

12. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ High Church Lutheran ✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+4,866
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Why do you think this would violate the SOP?

13. pinacled

+946
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Advertising reddit

14. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ High Church Lutheran ✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+4,866
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Oh, it is OK to point to outside sites that are not against Christianity or for information if it is in a thread. If the link is in the Custom Title or Signature then it would be a vio. If the other site was a solicitation or selling something it could also be a vio.