The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I last owned a Glock in 2000. Just didn't like the trigger, so-so accuracy, and found other pistols fit my hand better and cost less.

Then I bought a G29 (compact 10mm) for my hiking gun. It is exceptionally accurate with a light and crisp trigger for a striker-fired pistol. I started competing in GSSF matches (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) and shot a personal best of 482 out of 500 last month.

I decided that I wanted a 9mm for cheaper ammo and reduced recoil so I could be more competitive in GSSF. It had to be a Glock, per the rules.

Was looking at the G34, the new Gen 5 G19, or even the G35 if I reloaded for it.

Heard about a gun shop closing out on the limited edition Gen 4 G19 FS (Front Serrations) model for $449. MSRP was $699 while the cheapest I'd seen them (if you could even find one) was $580. So I bought it.

It fits my hand like a glove and I use the largest beaver tail grip insert to get my finger positioned perfectly on the trigger. It came with factory steel sights, extended slide stop lever, and three magazines.

Unfortunately, it also came with the horrible trigger and so-so accuracy that I remember from my old Glocks nearly two decades ago.

It is extremely picky about ammo and along with that and the awful trigger, the best 5-shot group at 25yds I could manage was 2 1/8". Respectable, but not awesome. I've shot seven different varieties of ammo through it and it will only group with Winchester White Box 115gr and Remington UMC 124gr or 115gr. The rest of the cheap stuff varied from 4" groups to 10" groups.

Seriously, 10" groups at 25yds with a rest... Blazer Brass 124gr was responsible for that abomination.

I ordered a Storm Lake barrel for it that was extended and has two gas ports for reduced muzzle flip. It returned worse groups than the stock barrel with the same ammo. Suspecting that the awful trigger was partly responsible for the inaccuracy, I started working on it.

I polished the internals and added a lighter trigger connector. Then I shot it a bunch more and it is now nearly as good as the untouched trigger in my G29.

I took it to my match last weekend and shot the best scores I have ever shot; a 494 and a 486.

I still haven't been back to the range to test it's bench accuracy after the trigger mods, but the match results speak for themselves.

IMG_20170914_164127667.jpg

IMG_20170915_155424764.jpg

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Nice! The G19 was the first gun I ever bought, and it still sits on my bedside table for protection.
However, I shoot more accurately with a G17 so I use it for competition. I put in a Zev race connector
and Zev springs and it made a big difference in the trigger.
For me, the Glock is the most accurate weapon I shoot. Something about it just seems to fit me.
Congrats on your great scores!

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I last owned a Glock in 2000. Just didn't like the trigger, so-so accuracy, and found other pistols fit my hand better and cost less.

Then I bought a G29 (compact 10mm) for my hiking gun. It is exceptionally accurate with a light and crisp trigger for a striker-fired pistol. I started competing in GSSF matches (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) and shot a personal best of 482 out of 500 last month.

I decided that I wanted a 9mm for cheaper ammo and reduced recoil so I could be more competitive in GSSF. It had to be a Glock, per the rules.

Was looking at the G34, the new Gen 5 G19, or even the G35 if I reloaded for it.

Heard about a gun shop closing out on the limited edition Gen 4 G19 FS (Front Serrations) model for $449. MSRP was $699 while the cheapest I'd seen them (if you could even find one) was $580. So I bought it.

It fits my hand like a glove and I use the largest beaver tail grip insert to get my finger positioned perfectly on the trigger. It came with factory steel sights, extended slide stop lever, and three magazines.

Unfortunately, it also came with the horrible trigger and so-so accuracy that I remember from my old Glocks nearly two decades ago.

It is extremely picky about ammo and along with that and the awful trigger, the best 5-shot group at 25yds I could manage was 2 1/8". Respectable, but not awesome. I've shot seven different varieties of ammo through it and it will only group with Winchester White Box 115gr and Remington UMC 124gr or 115gr. The rest of the cheap stuff varied from 4" groups to 10" groups.

Seriously, 10" groups at 25yds with a rest... Blazer Brass 124gr was responsible for that abomination.

I ordered a Storm Lake barrel for it that was extended and has two gas ports for reduced muzzle flip. It returned worse groups than the stock barrel with the same ammo. Suspecting that the awful trigger was partly responsible for the inaccuracy, I started working on it.

I polished the internals and added a lighter trigger connector. Then I shot it a bunch more and it is now nearly as good as the untouched trigger in my G29.

I took it to my match last weekend and shot the best scores I have ever shot; a 494 and a 486.

I still haven't been back to the range to test it's bench accuracy after the trigger mods, but the match results speak for themselves.

View attachment 208710

View attachment 208711
I love the front serrations! Never seen those before

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0